PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who the hell Boos their own team in a key 4th quarter moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom line is that football is a game of emotion, even for us fans. Booing is just one of those emotions that gets expressed. Most of us have been guilty of yelling bad words about Brady during a game (most in the comfort of our own home). Do we really think Tom Brady sucks? HELL NO! We just make knee jerk reactions to what is happening at that moment. Whether good or bad, that's the nature of the beast. Football inflicts an emotional rollercoaster for all of us.

It's your analogy, not mine--don't get your back up because you realize it was a horrible one.
It wasn't a horrible one, you applied it improperly.

I don't "want to find a redeeming quality," in booing, I'm saying that most rational observers would agree that there could be scenarios where expressing displeasure would be appropriate. You disagree, which is fine. But strange.
I simply do not see where it serves any purpose. I also don't whine to people around me when I am having a bad day or yell at my kids when they make a mistake. How is that strange?

The bottom line is that football is a game of emotion, even for us fans. Booing is just one of those emotions that gets expressed. Most of us have been guilty of yelling bad words about Brady during a game (most in the comfort of our own home). Do we really think Tom Brady sucks? HELL NO! We just make knee jerk reactions to what is happening at that moment. Whether good or bad, that's the nature of the beast. Football inflicts an emotional rollercoaster for all of us.
And some of us are suggesting that people should handle those emotions with a little maturity.

It wasn't a horrible one, you applied it improperly.

I simply do not see where it serves any purpose. I also don't whine to people around me when I am having a bad day or yell at my kids when they make a mistake. How is that strange?

You're the one who applied it. It appears you're disavowing it now, which is probably the way to to go.

What is strange is that you can't envision any scenario where it would be appropriate for a crowd to express its dissatisfaction with its team.

No my logic leads me to it serves no purpose, is silly, and therefore justification is pointless.
I know you want to find a redeeming quality in booing, but IMO it just isnt there.

Out of curiosity, do you also think booing Rex Ryan is sill and pointless? I mean the same could be said about cheering really.

Out of curiosity, do you also think booing Rex Ryan is sill and pointless? I mean the same could be said about cheering really.

Excellent point. After all, if "the players know if they're doing well or not," cheering doesn't really serve any purpose.

Yes it is.
Cheering is a totally different issue. Noise disrupts an offense.
Why do you think the fans are quiet when the home team has the ball.

Excellent point. After all, if "the players know if they're doing well or not," cheering doesn't really serve any purpose.
If you are talking about celebrating, sure, that serves no purpose either, other than to the fans.

You're the one who applied it. It appears you're disavowing it now, which is probably the way to to go.

Dude, seriously.
I said arguing that booing is OK because you paid for your ticket so you can is an equivalent justification to banging your nieghbors wife because you can.
You argued that my analogy meant booing was equal to banging your neighbors wife.
It isn't that complicated, you just have to have a little reading comprehension.

What is strange is that you can't envision any scenario where it would be appropriate for a crowd to express its dissatisfaction with its team.
There is no point.

Dude, seriously.
I said arguing that booing is OK because you paid for your ticket so you can is an equivalent justification to banging your nieghbors wife because you can.
You argued that my analogy meant booing was equal to banging your neighbors wife.
It isn't that complicated, you just have to have a little reading comprehension.

There is no point.

Dude, seriously, my comprehension is fine. That is an absolutely abysmal analogy, unless your neighbor is selling tickets. Maybe you live in a kinkier neighborhood than me, I don't know.

Yes, you have now clarified your position. Fans are meaningless to the sport, apart from some occasional offensive disruption. I disagree.

can you please put a period at the end of every sentence? you sound ******ed when you try to post something . :mad:

You're 19 posts in and you're diagraming sentences.:rolleyes:

Yes it is.
Cheering is a totally different issue. Noise disrupts an offense.
Why do you think the fans are quiet when the home team has the ball.

I'm not talking about the noise and chants when the other team has the ball. I'm talking about the cheering when the home team is introduced and when they make a big play, etc.

Personally, I think booing or cheering has little effect on players either way. They are almost all to a point of mental toughness that those types of outside variables have little effect on them, especially during a game. They don't crumble when they are booed in opposing stadiums and goodness knows that there is some idiot yelling stupid things home or away. I think the players tune this stuff out for the most part.

As for the point of booing, I think I would also disagree with it being entirely pointless. The players may tune it out, and the coaches most likely do also. But I'd bet the Krafts sure as hell take notice. I doubt very much that they are sitting wondering why their pathetic fans are being so pointless and childish. I think they take it very seriously.

I'm not talking about the noise and chants when the other team has the ball. I'm talking about the cheering when the home team is introduced and when they make a big play, etc.

Personally, I think booing or cheering has little effect on players either way. They are almost all to a point of mental toughness that those types of outside variables have little effect on them, especially during a game. They don't crumble when they are booed in opposing stadiums and goodness knows that there is some idiot yelling stupid things home or away. I think the players tune this stuff out for the most part.

As for the point of booing, I think I would also disagree with it being entirely pointless. The players may tune it out, and the coaches most likely do also. But I'd bet the Krafts sure as hell take notice. I doubt very much that they are sitting wondering why their pathetic fans are being so pointless and childish. I think they take it very seriously.

NFL players aren't going to do better or worse because of cheering.
If there is a problem with the team that booing represents the team knows it without there needing to be boos.
Do you really think Bob Kraft called a meeting to discuss play calling after Sunday?

Dude, seriously, my comprehension is fine. That is an absolutely abysmal analogy, unless your neighbor is selling tickets. Maybe you live in a kinkier neighborhood than me, I don't know.]
I am sorry you cannot follow this concept. I'll be more simplistic for you next time.

Yes, you have now clarified your position. Fans are meaningless to the sport, apart from some occasional offensive disruption. I disagree.
So please explain what effect you think booing has.

I am sorry you cannot follow this concept. I'll be more simplistic for you next time.

So please explain what effect you think booing has.

"This concept" is idiotic--your sad attempts at condescension don't change that.

As for your belief that cheering/booing/all fan behavior is meaningless, it hardly seems worth the effort to reply. Football is an emotional game. You apparently disagree with that, which is gobsmackingly dense.

NFL players aren't going to do better or worse because of cheering.
If there is a problem with the team that booing represents the team knows it without there needing to be boos.
Do you really think Bob Kraft called a meeting to discuss play calling after Sunday?

No but he is realizing that the team isn't meeting a growing contingent of fans' expectations. Sometime there needs to be an outside impetus for change. I'm not saying that Kraft and/or the coaching staff should ever make decisions based on the reactions of the fans. But at the same time, that type of reaction registers with those who are in the business of selling to fans. All I am saying is that I disagree with the action being pointless.

can you please put a period at the end of every sentence? you sound ******ed when you try to post something . :mad:

I know.....I do it to get rid of things like you

I actually like your anolgy because in its simplest form you can express your displeasure but keep in mind that you are expressing your displeasure with the person who cooked your food and will likely be cooking your replacement food too. So stand up in the middle of the restaraunt and just start booing and you will likely get your replacement food spit in.

I think you are missing the point we are making. You dont have to be happy with the crappy secondary play or the offense going 3 out and backwards at a key moment but there is a time, place, and proper way to go about it. And booing is just being an Azzhole.

you are crossing contexts........ and no.....voicing displeasure is not being an Azzole.......calling people azzoles for booing is being an azzole

Shwonkkkk!!!!!!!!!

FWIW former Patriots Zolak and Wiggins both had no issue with the booing at that specific juncture. Zo said they "deserved it". Wiggins said they should've expected it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents