PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who the hell Boos their own team in a key 4th quarter moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
but 'it must be admitted that when Ninkovich and Cunningham made ​​the last play i really heard from tv an explosion - a resounding roar from the fans

a really huge one...

personally i would never 'boo' anyway...

A lot of the crowd at the Pats Games aren't even necessarily hardcore fans like most of us on the board here. Many are people that have the time and money and are just your average fans I believe. I think a real fan will stay with their team and show respect at all times. Your average fans will be more likely to boo. This is my speculation at least.

I see a lot of my facebook friends that don't know jack **** about football posting about going to Pats games a lot.

You've got it backwards. It's the hardcore fan who will boo the team when called for. There was no more appropriate time for justifiable fan disgust than that ultra pathetic 3 and out with 4 mins left in regulation.
It's the pinkhats who think all the world is butterflies and daisy chains and would never boo our boys.
Lots of pinkhats around here too

but 'it must be admitted that when Ninkovich and Cunningham made ​​the last play i really heard from tv an explosion - a resounding roar from the fans
a really huge one...

personally i would never 'boo' anyway...

That's as it should be. The fans should have cheered hard when Hill dropped that pass as well, no matter if the defense forced him to drop it or not.

You've got it backwards. It's the hardcore fan who will boo the team when called for. There was no more appropriate time for justifiable fan disgust than that ultra pathetic 3 and out with 4 mins left in regulation.
It's the pinkhats who think all the world is butterflies and daisy chains and would never boo our boys.
Lots of pinkhats around here too

You really are totally delusional arent you?

Opposing fans and teams enjoy the booing, It's like a compliment. I feel like if you boo the pats your indirectly cheering the Jets. And that's the sin of all sins. But hey If you pay boo away, that's just my 2 cents.

There is absolutely no question that the visiting team gets a lift from the home teams own fans booing them.
I don't know how anyone can dismiss that.
Theoretically there is stress in playing in front of a hostile crowd. Playing it front of a crowd booing its own team naturally takes that away, and helps the visitor.
But, hey they paid for their ticket, right?

You said someone else used a terrible example? Um.....

That is an example of why having the right to do something does not make it right.
Many people are arguing it is OK to boo because they paid for the ticket and have the right to.
That does not make it right. My example amplifies the relationship of being able to and being right.

I'm tellin' ya....its all about the difference between the expectation and the result. rightly so, the fans expect a higher level than they are getting.

if this team is playing exactly how you expect them to play, then you don't boo

the booing happened at the right time.......the team has a 3 point lead, and, with 5:44 left was expected to get a few first downs, and leave nothing on the clock for the jets to work with in the event the pats did not run it out....what they got was 3 plays that stopped the clock and a run on 2nd and 20...I could not draw it up any worse....

now you piggy back that on last weeks disaster, but I am sorry....this team deserved to be booed without question

That is an example of why having the right to do something does not make it right.
Many people are arguing it is OK to boo because they paid for the ticket and have the right to.
That does not make it right. My example amplifies the relationship of being able to and being right.

It's just an absurd connection to make, that's all.

To move this beyond the silly level it's at now, let me ask you this--do you think it could EVER be acceptable for a home crowd to express displeasure with the home team? And if yes, how would that displeasure be communicated?

To move this beyond the silly level it's at now, let me ask you this--do you think it could EVER be acceptable for a home crowd to express displeasure with the home team? And if yes, how would that displeasure be communicated?

It think it is childish to boo. It accomplishes nothing, and is the equivalent of throwing a temper tantrum to get attention.
I see absolutely no value in it.

its called blind love.......the kool-aid bubbler is to your right

Its not a connection, its using a familiar and/or extreme example to illustrate the silliness of the argument. There is a literary term for it that escapes me at the moment.

It think it is childish to boo. It accomplishes nothing, and is the equivalent of throwing a temper tantrum to get attention.
I see absolutely no value in it.

Right, you said that. What I asked was, could it EVER be acceptable for a home crowd to express displeasure about their team. I guess you feel the answer is no.

I disagree.

They'd had 6+ weeks of results.

Last time I checked they were in first place. You're a tough grader.

They should put in a BOOING section - right next to the family section, bandwagon zone, pink hat section (oh wait they already have that - they call them red seats) then comes your booing section - you'd might even qualify for first row.

I am not saying for one second fans should not be critical, questioning or certainly pissed off over their beloved teams performance. I am saying the time and place is not deep into the fourth quarter of a hard fought game. If I were out there giving it my all, it would be nice to know my fans were behind me as well with cheers, support and encouragement.

Last edited:
Its not a connection, its using a familiar and/or extreme example to illustrate the silliness of the argument. There is a literary term for it that escapes me at the moment.
Hyperbole?

Right, you said that. What I asked was, could it EVER be acceptable for a home crowd to express displeasure about their team. I guess you feel the answer is no.

I disagree.
Since I see no value in it, I don't know if I look at it as acceptable or not acceptable, just silly.

and, on your part, a major weakness in self-awareness
Right, feeling it is childish to do somethng that serves no purpose is a great example of lack self-awareness:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes