PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who the hell Boos their own team in a key 4th quarter moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this has not been one of the worst teams at finishing, that's just the malt liquor talking, and some of the other nonsense is b.s. Too. That said, to me the booing at the end of that second 3-and-out was corrective feedback. The playcalling had been going south at the end of games lately and the crowd felt they needed to vocalize their displeasure. Besides the team and in particular the coaches seemed to respond well following it. I do think the crowd can affect the game and here, the team seemed to benefit from some prompting, and i have no problem whatsoever with it.

ding ding ding

bingo!

I get so annoyed and frustrated at our crowd. We all know we dont make enough noise and the stadium is poorly designed blah blah blah. But what the hell is with booing your own team late in the fourth (tied or with lead??) after a crappy series offensively?

PS and an extra big wtf to anyone that actually left?

On the booing. I was surprised when I heard it, as I think it's the first time I can remember Tom Brady being booed as he left the field. But, I think the fans' frustration was reasonable; not only do they pay a lot of money to sit and watch, but they had just witnessed a one and out with the ball and the lead and about five minutes to play, eerily reminiscent of the Baltimore and Seattle losses. So, yeah, I like to think that I wouldn't have joined in myself, but I have no beef with those who expressed their frustration in that way. And, it's good even for Tom Brady to know that the fans in front of whom he says he wants to play until he is 40 something will not always be adoring.

On leaving the game early given the circumstance? I agree with you 100%. WFT?

On the booing. I was surprised when I heard it, as I think it's the first time I can remember Tom Brady being booed as he left the field. But, I think the fans' frustration was reasonable; not only do they pay a lot of money to sit and watch, but they had just witnessed a one and out with the ball and the lead and about five minutes to play, eerily reminiscent of the Baltimore and Seattle losses. So, yeah, I like to think that I wouldn't have joined in myself, but I have no beef with those who expressed their frustration in that way. And, it's good even for Tom Brady to know that the fans in front of whom he says he wants to play until he is 40 something will not always be adoring.

On leaving the game early given the circumstance? I agree with you 100%. WFT?

What does WFT mean? :D

If I paid that much money to see my team and they put that crap product on the field like the Pats did in the second half yesterday, I'd boo too.
"How do you feel about another victoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
"Oh yeah"

I get so annoyed and frustrated at our crowd. We all know we dont make enough noise and the stadium is poorly designed blah blah blah. But what the hell is with booing your own team late in the fourth (tied or with lead??) after a crappy series offensively?

If I'm paying to watch a professional football team I expect them to play like professionals, if they fail to display even a basic level of professional competence they deserve to be booed.

Seriously, would you really blame a Jets fan that has to put up with Sanchez?:D

When your kids screw up, you let them know it. When colleagues screw up, there are repercussions. Booing is how fans let teams know.

I let my kids know they screw up because they may not know they've screwed up and/or I can give them advice and direction on how not to screw up.

The Pats don't need me to tell them when they've screwed up and they certainly don't need my advice. So I equate booing with calling my kids a name when they know they've done something wrong but not giving them any useful advice. And I don't like doing that. I try to take a similar approach with my employees.

I really don't care much if others boo, but I don't do it myself because I think it's wrong for the reasons I mentioned.

If I'm paying to watch a professional football team I expect them to play like professionals, if they fail to display even a basic level of professional competence they deserve to be booed.

Seriously, would you really blame a Jets fan that has to put up with Sanchez?:D

Proffesional level of competence? This is exactly my problem I have seen incompetent football before and if you want to boo that then fine but please see many years in this teams past (1-15) for what incompetence really looks like. If this fan base gets any worse we will start booing every incompletion and negative play.

I let my kids know they screw up because they may not know they've screwed up and/or I can give them advice and direction on how not to screw up.

The Pats don't need me to tell them when they've screwed up and they certainly don't need my advice. So I equate booing with calling my kids a name when they know they've done something wrong but not giving them any useful advice. And I don't like doing that. I try to take a similar approach with my employees.

I really don't care much if others boo, but I don't do it myself because I think it's wrong for the reasons I mentioned.

Proffesional level of competence? This is exactly my problem I have seen incompetent football before and if you want to boo that then fine but please see many years in this teams past (1-15) for what incompetence really looks like. If this fan base gets any worse we will start booing every incompletion and negative play.

When your straight "D" student gets a "C", it's a time for celebration. When your straight "A" student gets a "C", it's time for questions and, maybe, an intervention. Short of storming the field, Boos are pretty much all the fans can do.

Last edited:
When your straight "D" student gets a "C", it's a time for celebration. When your straight "A" student gets a "C", it's time for questions and, maybe, an intervention. Short of storming the field, Boos are pretty much all the fans can do.

That's why I don't have a problem with booing like this. Its not that fans aren't supporting the players. They are just voicing their frustration when the team under performs. Its all they got.

OK to run with your anolgy my problem is not with questioning the results but not waiting until the test is over to do so.

That's why I don't have a problem with booing like this. Its not that fans aren't supporting the players. They are just voicing their frustration when the team under performs. Its all they got.

Exactly. I much prefer that over fans sitting on their hands and not caring.

Seems to me the boos yesterday rained down just about exactly when they should have.

I don't see the analogy. I can help my kids to improve their grades by a firm and/or loving hand. I actually can have a positive impact even if I am angry. I can't accomplish **** only by yelling. I don't boo or yell at actors or musicians or pilots either. They know when they **** up. Yelling or booing only helps me, not them, and it mostly helps to maike me look like a jerk.

Anyway, boo on. I'm just explaining why I think it's stupid and why I don't do it.

Exactly. I much prefer that over fans sitting on their hands and not caring.

Seems to me the boos yesterday rained down just about exactly when they should have.

"Should have" for who? Booing doesn't help the team we all want to win. Those guys know how and when they screwed up alot more than any of us armchair quarterbacks.

I don't like booing personally but to each their own. It's more for fans to vent frustration than anything. Part of me hates it because I know opposing teams(especially the Jets) are welcoming it, silence a crowd and get some boos, perfect scenario. It's not as big a deal if the 12th man keeps up the volume IMO.

Last edited:
OK to run with your anolgy my problem is not with questioning the results but not waiting until the test is over to do so.

They'd had 6+ weeks of results.

It might not be the final exam but there have been 7 quizzes so far. Middterm grades are out next week. We won't be failing every class but we are dangerously close to it on a couple of classes. There is still time to prepare for the the Finnals and raise our finnal grades but it deffinately shows that as of right now we have lot of work to do in order to make the Deans list.

I don't know about you, but I'm all over my kids in October, so I don't have any surprises when their report cards come home in January...just to run with your analogy. :singing:

I don't see the analogy. I can help my kids to improve their grades by a firm and/or loving hand. I actually can have a positive impact even if I am angry. I can't accomplish **** only by yelling. I don't boo or yell at actors or musicians or pilots either. They know when they **** up. Yelling or booing only helps me, not them, and it mostly helps to maike me look like a jerk.

As someone who's experienced it, I know the impact, both positive and negative, that booing and/or yelling can have. I grant that it was in much smaller venues, but the concept remains the same. And, yes, it can have an impact on the party receiving the booing, just as clapping and cheering can.

Anyway, boo on. I'm just explaining why I think it's stupid and why I don't do it.

I don't boo because I've always thought the sound sounded stupid coming out of my mouth. But, I'm not at the games, so it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
"How do you feel about another victoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
"Oh yeah"

As I noted yesterday, we're all... well, most of us are... happy with the victory. Constructive criticism on the team's performance is still warranted. Anytime Sanchez looks like a literate quarterback, there is area for concern. If the people that shell out money for those tickets want to boo, all the power to 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back