PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who the hell Boos their own team in a key 4th quarter moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Should have" for who? Booing doesn't help the team we all want to win. Those guys know how and when they screwed up alot more than any of us armchair quarterbacks.

I think a lot of booing is misinterpreted. Many times its not for the players. Its for the coachs/ownership regarding the overall product. I've always hated when fans boo individual players, but booing a play call or a no go/go for it decision I can understand. Yesterday it was directed at the coaches, at least that is how I took it.

They'd had 6+ weeks of results.

It might not be the final exam but there have been 7 quizzes so far. Middterm grades are out next week. We won't be failing every class but we are dangerously close to it on a couple of classes. There is still time to prepare for the the Finnals and raise our finnal grades but it deffinately shows that as of right now we have lot of work to do in order to make the Deans list.

I don't know about you, but I'm all over my kids in October, so I don't have any surprises when their report cards come home in January...just to run with your analogy. :singing:

I am not saying you have to wait til the season/semester is over to criticize but yes you should not be doing it in the middle of the test/game. Plenty of time to critique during the week and plenty of venues to voice your displeasure between messageboards, talk radio, twitter, and wherever else you go to voice your opinions.

I'd be interested in the Pats' sincere take on the booing. I doubt any/,amy would ever be 100% truthful to the public about it, but it would be interesting. Hell, it might turn me into a booer.

Watching the team blow a multi-score lead for the third time in seven games could have something to do with it.

Why is it that fans complain about the loudness of boos but when asked about why the stadium is so quiet at times when they should be cheering or disrupting the other team,it because the stadium is built that way?

Last time I checked,Boos and cheers are usually at a similar decibel level

Its one or the other

Why is it that fans complain about the loudness of boos but when asked about why the stadium is so quiet at times when they should be cheering or disrupting the other team,it because the stadium is built that way?

Last time I checked,Boos and cheers are usually at a similar decibel level

Its one or the other

I don't like booing and I never complained about its loudness, but if you're going to do it it might as well be loud.

I'd be interested in the Pats' sincere take on the booing. I doubt any/,amy would ever be 100% truthful to the public about it, but it would be interesting. Hell, it might turn me into a booer.

It pisses them off because it's petulant voice given to ignorance. They just regard it as stupidity (which it is). It doesn't "motivate" them or make them player harder.

We get a "booing" thread every season. I was hoping we'd avoid one this year, but idiots are what they are.

Last edited:
I thought they all sounded pretty damned LOUD from the TV feed I was watching!!!! The booing though I don't get at that point....must have been the "pink hats" They were probably booing because they ran out of Caviar......

I get so annoyed and frustrated at our crowd. We all know we dont make enough noise and the stadium is poorly designed blah blah blah. But what the hell is with booing your own team late in the fourth (tied or with lead??) after a crappy series offensively?

PS and an extra big wtf to anyone that actually left?

"Should have" for who? Booing doesn't help the team we all want to win. Those guys know how and when they screwed up alot more than any of us armchair quarterbacks.

It seems like you're completely discounting any impact a crowd can have on a team. I think a crowd expressing frustration/anger/etc. can be completely appropriate, and sometimes useful.

I see your point as analagous to the so-called "players' coaches" who say, "look, these guys are professionals, me yelling at them isn't going to help." Well, sometimes it does. Sometimes guys need a kick in the tail.

Last edited:
As I noted yesterday, we're all... well, most of us are... happy with the victory. Constructive criticism on the team's performance is still warranted.
Huh?
This is what you said:

and they put that crap product on the field like the Pats did

That doesn't sound happy with the win, nor does it sound in any way constructive.

Anytime Sanchez looks like a literate quarterback,
Pretty sure you meant legitimate, but perhaps Wilfork taught him some verbs?

there is area for concern. If the people that shell out money for those tickets want to boo, all the power to 'em.

The fact that they can do it, does not make it right.
Personally I would prefer the fans that go to games to attempt to help influence the game positively as fans in Seattle, among other places do.

Slow day for you if you're already thirsty for a pissing contest...

Huh?
This is what you said:

That doesn't sound happy with the win, nor does it sound in any way constructive.

Allow me first to bold the important part of the quote, as you missed it...

As I noted yesterday, we're all... well, most of us are... happy with the victory

...now allow me to quote my post from yesterday...

Most people are happy with this win. On the same token, most of those people are also saying that this team has some serious issues they need to fix. Let's not forget, now, that this was a Jets team without Revis and Holmes.

And me calling what the defense fielded for most of the game, including the second half yesterday "crap" is absolutely constructive. As...

Pretty sure you meant legitimate, but perhaps Wilfork taught him some verbs?

...anytime you're fielding a unit that makes Sanchez look, legitimate as you put it, you're typically fielding crap.

And yes, I did mean legitimate. Typically, when a poster has to cling to typos or grammatical errors, they don't have much of a point.

The fact that they can do it, does not make it right.

That's subjective. They worked hard for their money. If they see something they don't like, they're certainly entitled to boo. Just like those that have issue with it are entitled to make fun of them or, in this case, start threads whining about them.

Personally I would prefer the fans that go to games to attempt to help influence the game positively as fans in Seattle, among other places do.

The team should pick it up in those instances then. Further, Kraft should look at maybe putting a bunch of drunks in the corporate seats...

Never booed my own team and never will...regardless of what I pay. People who pay are welcome to do it but I think you're a pretty shoddy fan if you do.

Saddest fact...I think that booing was the loudest they'd been all game. For a key divisional game that's poor.

I never boo the Pats...the Sox?...well,they deserve it. What happens is I stop screaming at the normal screech level when McD calls a dyam reverse to start a series right after one where the Pats just lined up and punched it down field for a score.Seeing the Rats march right back out there puts a damper on MY ability to vocalize my distaste for them.

People are different...that's all there is to it. The Pats can be up by 4 scores and some people will boo a bad series. I've cheered them through the bad years, I'm not going to boo them now but some fans only know winning and to them, losing a series or a game is boo worthy...I don't care for it, but look, they paid, they can vocalize anything they want...after all, they allow Rat fans to attend and utter THEIR grunts and other caveman vocalizations.

I don't see the analogy. I can help my kids to improve their grades by a firm and/or loving hand. I actually can have a positive impact even if I am angry. I can't accomplish **** only by yelling. I don't boo or yell at actors or musicians or pilots either. They know when they **** up. Yelling or booing only helps me, not them, and it mostly helps to maike me look like a jerk.

Anyway, boo on. I'm just explaining why I think it's stupid and why I don't do it.

This has actually turned into an interesting discussion.

In the case of my kids, I take a firm hand, but, like you, even when I'm angry, I don't do the equivalent of "booing" at them. I might raise my voice to get their attention, but I do so in a positive way. Otherwise, I'm not going to accomplish much and I become a stereotype of all the things I swore I would never be as a Dad.

There's a difference, though, between the levers I can push to deal with my kids, with whom I have frequent daily interactions, and the ways in which I can communicate to a team or performer in a stadium or arena when I have paid good money to attend an event and may also have invested a lot of time in order to be in attendance.

"Booing" is as good a way as any of expressing how one feels if things aren't going according to expectations. It is more economical a form of communication than, in yesterday's case, standing there shouting something like "Damn it, Brady and the rest of the Offense, please don't tell us you're going to serve up a repeat of the Ravens and Seahawks games by squandering a double digit lead and not being able to get a couple of first downs with five or fewer minutes remaining in the contest." Such a diatribe would make one hoarse and, as brilliantly phrased as it may be, would not likely be heard or understood in a clear fashion by the intended recipients. :) So booing is a "shorthand" way of communicating emotions to that effect. (Let me be clear that I would NOT have booed yesterday since I don't think we're at that point, but I can understand the frustration of those in attendance as I recall that I did throw the Sunday Paper across my Living Room at the time.)

As a Philadelphia native, who grew up with abysmal Philllies and Eagles teams over the years, I must confess that I have indeed "booed" at sporting events, but I have never booed a live performer, though I have joined in some robust "hissing" at times. :singing:

It seems like you're completely discounting any impact a crowd can have on a team. I think a crowd expressing frustration/anger/etc. can be completely appropriate, and sometimes useful.

I see your point as analagous to the so-called "players' coaches" who say, "look, these guys are professionals, me yelling at them isn't going to help." Well, sometimes it does. Sometimes guys need a kick in the tail.

You just don't know what you're talking about. It simply doesn't work that way. Believing that players are "motivated" by booing to perform better is the ultimate in pompous ignorance.

FWIW...I just googled "pompous aluminum" and THIS came up...

3965354969_e389a768cb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes