PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who the hell Boos their own team in a key 4th quarter moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the booing is justified.

this team has developed a kneck for screwing the pooch in the 4th quarter

look at what they've had to look at so far this year:
cardinals - weak game
broncos - weak finish
jets - weak finish

never seen this kind of 4th quarter weakness in any winning pats team since foxborough opened.

this team is a far cry from what the reasonable expectation was going into the season.

the booing is justified.

this team has developed a kneck for screwing the pooch in the 4th quarter

look at what they've had to look at so far this year:
cardinals - weak game
broncos - weak finish
jets - weak finish

never seen this kind of 4th quarter weakness in any winning pats team since foxborough opened.

this team is a far cry from what the reasonable expectation was going into the season.
The team is a bad holding call on Gronk and a FG that either made it by an inch or missed by an inch and was called wrong from being 6-1.
At 6-1 it would be meeting expectations.
Somehow people have revised history to think that the Patriots won every game 40-0 for 10 years.

A top level team that has been a top level team for more than a decade is playing like crap. That team looked like it was pissing away its 4th game of the season already.

The question should be: Why the hell wasn't every fan in the place booing the team?

The crowd can have an impact on the game. Those that sit quiet when noise is needed and boo when they are unhappy are not supportive. They can do whatever they want because they paid for their ticket, but it seems pretty self-centered to me.

After the booing the Patriot offense scored on their next 2 possessions.
This after the O scored 14 points, yes a whopping 14 points in the first 59:55 of the game.
Perhaps the booing worked.

This after the O scored 14 points, yes a whopping 14 points in the first 59:55 of the game.
Even you don't believe that.

The team is a bad holding call on Gronk and a FG that either made it by an inch or missed by an inch and was called wrong from being 6-1.
At 6-1 it would be meeting expectations.
Somehow people have revised history to think that the Patriots won every game 40-0 for 10 years.

doesn't change the manner in which, for whatever reason, your team is underachieveing consistently in every facet of the game

I actually put more stock in watching the game as it is being played rather than just being happy with the end result......they're not playing well....

you're lucky to be so positive on how they have played.

and now brady is saying that maybe we're spoiled.

they are closer to being 3-4 than 6-1

tell it to those who drop the $$ to show up

it was the jets

Very justifiable booing over horrible playcalling and even worse QB play by an offense that cannot close out games. Jet WR Stephen Butterfingers Hill saved Brady and Co. yesterday. We fans and media would be having major discussions on that embarrassing Patriot 3 and out series w/ 4 mins left in the game had Hill caught that ball and put that game away for the Jets.
Once again the Patriot offense goes limp in the 4th qtr. scoring only 3 pts and only 20 for the entire game.

Yeah ok, continue with your bizarre personal vendetta with Brady. Once again, Brady and the offense spotted the defense a 10 point lead going into the 4th quarter. When they blew that he got them into FG position with less than 1:45 left on the clock to tie it and then the FG for the win on their first possesion in overtime.

Guys its not about whether your frustrations are justified or what you paid to see the game. Its about how you treat something that you care about and to me booing the team when they need support is not it.

A person whose team has sucked in the 4th quarter for 4 out of the last 5 weeks?

Spoiled fanbase.

Simple as that.

As evidenced by the post above - this team isn't allowed to endure any rough patches - as we all remember how the SB winning teams 2001-04 won every game in glorious fashion, don't we?!

Don't get me wrong, it is frustrating to watch at times - but alot of fans here have simply lost perspective on how hard it is to win in the NFL (Brady said exactly this in a recent presser) - just because we steamrollered alot of teams in 2007 we now expect the same every week.

I look at the Ravens once vaunted D getting run over almost every week, the Steelers struggling to a 3-3 record with their D in disarray.

The Giants can't find a running game, the Packers can't buy an offensive line OR a running game - this is the typical NFL landscape - nearly all the teams have some type of obvious flaw.

For now its about making the playoffs, and hitting them hot - sounds simple, difficult in practice.

When the Patriots have been one of the worst teams in the NFL year in and year out at finishing games, when the secondary has been one of the worst in the league year in and year out at defending the pass (against some of the worst offensive teams in the NFL, mind you), when the defense year in and year out chokes away 4th Q. leads, only for the offense to come onto the field and go 3 and out and punt...is inexcusable. THAT deserves boos.

I actually have no problem with a little booing, where do people think they are, Poughkeepsie? Spoiled though current pats fans may be, Boston fans historically expect at least focus and top effort and let you know if they suspect it's not being delivered.

I imagine Mr. Brady would have said "I'd boo us too." He's said it before, I believe. This team is too talented to put together some of the sleep walking stretch runs they have lately.

This has not been one of the worst teams at finishing, that's just the malt liquor talking, and some of the other nonsense is b.s. too. That said, to me the booing at the end of that second 3-and-out was corrective feedback. The playcalling had been going south at the end of games lately and the crowd felt they needed to vocalize their displeasure. Besides the team and in particular the coaches seemed to respond well following it. I do think the crowd can affect the game and here, the team seemed to benefit from some prompting, and I have no problem whatsoever with it.

A top level team that has been a top level team for more than a decade is playing like crap. That team looked like it was pissing away its 4th game of the season already.

The question should be: Why the hell wasn't every fan in the place booing the team?

Same reason why I don't boo my kids when they do something wrong or boo my colleagues when they screw up.

I don't boo those that I support.

I boo the ******* Jets.

Same reason why I don't boo my kids when they do something wrong or boo my colleagues when they screw up.

I don't boo those that I support.

I boo the ******* Jets.

When your kids screw up, you let them know it. When colleagues screw up, there are repercussions. Booing is how fans let teams know.

Heh

I was there. The booing I heard seemed directed at play selection, not that it matters.
Booing included, the fans were as loud as you can be in that venue, constantly making NOISE as the Jets lined up. People were losing their voices. This week the corporate seats to us held lady Pats fans who made noise and focused on the game unlike the typical church mouse corporate brown nose pukes typically wasting those fine seats.

Last edited:
If I paid that much money to see my team and they put that crap product on the field like the Pats did in the second half yesterday, I'd boo too.

If you're face first in some nachos on crucial 3rd downs for the defense, please do the same when the offense sputters. The crowd was loud at times, but it's never sustained.

Last edited:
The booing wasn't that loud. Just the minority ignorant segment of the fan population throwing a tantrum. I ignored it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News