PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who should we be rooting for tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrewBeer

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
the only thing i can think of basing a root for is on playoff implications. ive looked at them some, but i still dont know if i want the chargers to win or lose. any insight?

injuries

j/k j/k

definately denver. if indy draws pittsburgh, the steelers will at least beat em up a bit before that afc title game. if not eliminate them

if indy draws SD i think thatll be a cakewalk for em in the dome and we're getting either jax or pittsburgh who i think are tougher outs than sd. best case scenario for indy IMO

Last edited:
well its starting to get obvious now that if i root for denver im probably gonna be pretty miserable tonight.

does anyone know who has the tiebreaker? classless or pittsburgh?

eh i dont mean to take anything away from SD, but if the colts were more focused that week they wouldve blown them away IMO. remember they were coming off a painful loss to our pats. it kind of reminds me of our loss to miami in 04. pittsburgh just wouldnt lose and i know it took a mental toll on our guys week after week. same with indy they knew that us losing 2 games probably wasnt gonna happen. they got careless. and they still shouldve won had adam not shanked a gimme.

i hope im wrong in the case that indy does draw SD

on the other hand... i could easily see tennessee/cleveland walking into san diego and pullin off the upset. that theoretically gives us the easiest matchup of all

problem is, i am convinced that the steelers are a complete fraud. i dont have much respect for them. on the other hand, i am completely undecided on the chargers, as to if they are real or not. if the chargers are a fraud, i would rather the steelers face the colts as they might just cripple a few guys. if the chargers are good, obviously i want them to play the colts.

the steelers defense i'll give u, they are a fraud. in the sense that everyone hyped them as the #1 defense in the league and we've seen in recent weeks they clearly arent.

but big ben is no joke. he tore it up in the 05 playoffs aside from the super bowl(they didnt need him anyway they were playing an nfc team), and he's better this year than he was then. i hate playing against qbs like him, his mobility and elusiveness is scary sometimes.

the steelers defense i'll give u, they are a fraud. in the sense that everyone hyped them as the #1 defense in the league and we've seen in recent weeks they clearly arent.

but big ben is no joke. he tore it up in the 05 playoffs aside from the super bowl(they didnt need him anyway they were playing an nfc team), and he's better this year than he was then. i hate playing against qbs like him, his mobility and elusiveness is scary sometimes.

i have great respect for ben. he is one of the elite qbs in the game. however, i just dont believe the team around him is elite.

injuries

j/k j/k

definately denver. if indy draws pittsburgh, the steelers will at least beat em up a bit before that afc title game. if not eliminate them

if indy draws SD i think thatll be a cakewalk for em in the dome and we're getting either jax or pittsburgh who i think are tougher outs than sd. best case scenario for indy IMO
San Diego always give the Colts major problems.If they can finally win a home playoff game they can very well go into Indy and pull the upset.

San Diego is the only team that can go to New England in the AFCCG and win that game on the road, assuming that Rivers plays well. No other team in the league concerns me, and that includes the Colts. Plus, they are more physical than the Steelers are right now, so even if they lose to the Colts, they'll be leaving that Colts team sore for the next week. So, for tonight.......

Go Chargers!

I want the Chargers to win and then have the following:

Cleveland @ San Diego
Jacksonville @ Pittsburgh

San Diego @ Indy
Pittsburgh @ New England

San Diego will give Indy problems on both offense and defense. Regardless of the outcome, the game will be physical. Pittsburgh with or especially without Willie Parker do not scare me at all.

how about this instead;

tennessee @ san diego
jacksonville @ pitt

jacksonville @ indy
Tennessee @ ne

ive decided. go freaking classless piece of crap chargers...

isn't Big Ben's shoudler a bit messed up plus they lost Willie Parker. I'm not sold on Pittsburg at all.

I think Jacksonville a third time around could give them a run for their money or San Diego with the pass rush.

San Diego is the only team that can go to New England in the AFCCG and win that game on the road, assuming that Rivers plays well. No other team in the league concerns me, and that includes the Colts. Plus, they are more physical than the Steelers are right now, so even if they lose to the Colts, they'll be leaving that Colts team sore for the next week. So, for tonight.......

Go Chargers!

You're not concerned by the Colts? They're the one team I don't want to face, even with the injuries.

You're not concerned by the Colts? They're the one team I don't want to face, even with the injuries.

Take a look at that game between the Colts and Patriots. The Patriots were ripe for the taking. The game was in Indianapolis. Unlike the Chargers, the Colts were playing well and had seen the high octane offense of New England on film prior to the matchup. The Colts were coming off an easy game against a Panthers team that hadn't bothered showing up to play, so they weren't tired the way a small team can be. The very start of the game gave the Colts an emotional boost as the Patriots' pass protection struggled dealing with the speed of the Colts pass rush. Brady threw 2 interceptions. The Patriots offensive line struggled to open holes against that very mediocre Colts defensive line The Patriots got completely jobbed on more than one penalty call. The Patriots allowed a 2 yard dump pass to Addai to turn into a touchdown by running into each other and taking lousy angles on the play. With all that, and New England only really playing top quality football for about 15 minutes of the game, the Patriots still won.

Last season I thought that the Chargers were the only team that could compete with New England in terms of overall talent. I still feel the same way this season. It's football, and anything can happen, so when I say that I think the Chargers are the only team that can beat the Patriots in New England, I'm obviously talking about a perceived percentage basis. However, if the Patriots played the Colts 10 times on a cold night in New England, how many times do you really think the Colts could win without the officials handing them the game?

Or, to put it another way, I trust Peyton to gas-pipe it, and I think LDT is exactly the kind of back that gives our linebacking corps fits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case