PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who has replaced Maroney on the roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Belichick sign a First Baseman? I Don't know........................THIRD BASE!

OMG, there a so few here who are even old enough to get this!
What?

:hijacked::woot:

Last edited:
heh...Abbott & Costello routine....

Yeah, I'm old.

The routine is from 1937. My parents weren't even born yet.

But not getting this reference from anyone, would be as bad as not getting a reference to "star crossed lovers" or "was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harbor?" or "four score and seven years ago" or "this day will live in infamy", etc.

There are some cultural references one ought get regardless of age.

This.

It could be that they are still evaluating, or it could be that Bill has something up his sleeve.

I am always intrigued by the sleeve theory ... until he cuts them off.

I doubt he is trying to throw off the Jets by keeping the 53rd person on the roster a secret. Its probably just a PS player and they are using the weeks practice to decide which one. I still hold out hope that it is Mankins or some other interesting player via trade.

I doubt he is trying to throw off the Jets by keeping the 53rd person on the roster a secret. Its probably just a PS player and they are using the weeks practice to decide which one. I still hold out hope that it is Mankins or some other interesting player via trade.
Does Bill even KNOW what will happen now?? It may depend on a number of things...injuries for instance....lol IF there is no move tomorrow...it will be a PSquader up on Saturday...NOT sure which one.

The routine is from 1937. My parents weren't even born yet.

But not getting this reference from anyone, would be as bad as not getting a reference to "star crossed lovers" or "was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harbor?" or "four score and seven years ago" or "this day will live in infamy", etc.

There are some cultural references one ought get regardless of age.

I used this one here and got about 3 replies in 10 seconds tearing into me and how the school system I attended had failed me. Finally a few here came to the rescue and let the critics know that it was just a reference.

As far as the OP, did anyone else hear BB reference the open roster spot during an interview yesterday (think it was WEEI Big Show)? I can't seem to find audio for it, so maybe I heard it wrong?

I used this one here and got about 3 replies in 10 seconds tearing into me and how the school system I attended had failed me. Finally a few here came to the rescue and let the critics know that it was just a reference.

Same thing has happened to me here on more than one occasions. That is why I listed it.

Actually, I can understand some people not having seen Animal House, but not having heard the single greatest comedy routine of the century. That is a failing of their school system. It ought be part of the curriculum.

Same thing has happened to me here on more than one occasions. That is why I listed it.

Actually, I can understand some people not having seen Animal House, but not having heard the single greatest comedy routine of the century. That is a failing of their school system. It ought be part of the curriculum.

Getting OT here, that routine was for years at the Baseball Hall of Fame in writing and of course, the audio version....The adults laughed and the kids looked at us like we were nuts..Imagine humor without the F bombs.....NFW...

Getting OT here, that routine was for years at the Baseball Hall of Fame in writing and of course, the audio version....The adults laughed and the kids looked at us like we were nuts..Imagine humor without the F bombs.....NFW...

Humour without F Bombs? Was it performed by Tony F'ing Dungy? ;)

imo... James would be a waste..... keep him on the pracy squad.

Lomo was useless...... and we currently have plenty of RB's/backs. Morris, Faulk, Fragile Fred, Law Firm.

That is enough....... we have lots of WR,RB,TE.... why don't we look to fill other needs like OL or DL LB, G etc....

man... if James gets the go.... I'll be angry.

We lost Welch to those tampa bay butt pirates.... lets go look for other players that were cut from the practice squad. Who knows..... we might find something.

I thought welch was claimed by (TB) like Robinson.... correct me if I am mistaken. :)

something tells me I am wrong on Welch and who claimed him?

Last edited:
Zac was claimed by Seattle..I believe your right about the Bucs claiming Welch

Last edited:
Zac was claimed by Seattle..I believe your right about the Bucs claiming Welch
NO it was Minn....Larsen went to TB.....Now as to who they add...I am thinking maybe James or another Psquader or Murrell..OR maybe BB has other thoughts...NOT sure if James would be a waste..if they THINK he can help...otherwise it's all 4 RBs always active...Who knows ..they also have 10 OL..1 too many I think..

As far as the OP, did anyone else hear BB reference the open roster spot during an interview yesterday (think it was WEEI Big Show)? I can't seem to find audio for it, so maybe I heard it wrong?

I Used it as a motivational speech for my daughters softball team. The parents were splitting a gut laughing while the girls were just looking at me dumbfounded.

NO it was Minn....Larsen went to TB.....Now as to who they add...I am thinking maybe James or another Psquader or Murrell..OR maybe BB has other thoughts...NOT sure if James would be a waste..if they THINK he can help...otherwise it's all 4 RBs always active...Who knows ..they also have 10 OL..1 too many I think..

we need a nice collection of OL ppl imo... They are the ones defending the dynasty maker TFB.... OL=Defense/ protection for our QB.... WE are equipped very well in pass protection..... running/ making holes, not so much :( can't have it all :(

Lomo you still suck.:) Glad you r gone.

we need a nice collection of OL ppl imo... They are the ones defending the dynasty maker TFB.... OL=Defense/ protection for our QB.... WE are equipped very well in pass protection..... running/ making holes, not so much :( can't have it all :(

Lomo you still suck.:) Glad you r gone.
I agree we need OL...BUT quality OVER quantity...they are keeping Kaczur to see if he can make it back...THAT is more the one I am talking about...They usually keep 2 OTs..now they have a possible swing guy in QO...Maneri more developmental. They will make changes here at some point this season in the next month.

Heard a rumour it was Brian of Nazareth.

Markey Mark, give it up, you I and BAMA are simply too old to be called up by Belichick as Mr 53

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back