PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who has replaced Maroney on the roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
well since a monkey would do less waddling with the ball behind the line, I say ANYONE would make us a better ball club than with him. But it should be a DL or a LB, our thinnest positions......Crable finally???

I'm afraid the Jest had him in for an interview with Tannenbaum and intend to retain him for their team. :confused2:

New Jersey Jesters
Why are you laughing at my fwend.... ;)

I'm of the opinion that Marshawn Lynch would be a beast with Fred Taylor in our scheme. Oh make it happen BB.

FOXBORO, Mass. -- With Laurence Maroney officially out the door, it appears as though rookie running back Javarris James is the next man up.

James, an undrafted free agent from Miami, was signed last week by the Patriots, and one report Wednesday indicated he'd be added to the 53-man roster to take Maroney's spot. Yet, nothing has been made official just yet, and the team isn’t required to make a roster addition until game time.

Javarris James Set to Step Into Patriots' Offense After Trade of Laurence Maroney - New England Patriots - NESN.com

Can we stop with the constant "Patriots are trading Mankins" references when the Patriots don't even have the right to trade an unsigned player? Thanks.

Yes they do....He may be unsigned but we still own his rights. Therefore a trade would involve allowing another team to negotiate a contract with him and once a deal is worked out we'd trade his rights to them and they'd officially sign him.

I think they are waiting to see what happens...NO need to rush...If Taylor is injured a bit more..maybe James..if they want a LB they COULD resign Murrell and THAT is also what I THINK will happen sometime...they could bring Mankins in..SIGNED...but I am sure there would be an exemption of 2-3 weeks..so THAT is quite doubtful...ALSO they have 10 OL now...so??? I expect a bit of movement today..tomorrow and a decision Saturday...

What's with capitalizing a word every 4-5 words in every one of your sentences lol?

I really doubt Who replaces Maroney. Who is a baseball player. New England Patriots are a football team. Why would Belichick sign a first baseman?

Who's on First. What's on second...

One of the greatest comedic skits of all time.:rocker:

Is something going on?

No official promotion of Javarris James yet! Does this mean another move is a foot? A trade, a signing who knows what lurks in the heart of the Crimean War Lord?

Why are you laughing at my fwend.... ;)

I'm of the opinion that Marshawn Lynch would be a beast with Fred Taylor in our scheme. Oh make it happen BB.

Not sure Bills would want to help us out. Another lousy team with two rb's is Carolina. And, we've made some draft day trades with them. D'Angelo Williams is in the last year of his contract and J. Stewart from Oregon.

BB said it should be filled by end of week. Cryptic....

Still think they are working on a trade or Mankins signing.

Just MHO :bricks:

to explicitly answer the OP --

danny woodhead has replaced maroney on the roster

Want to know ... what about Danny Woohead RB/WR cut by the Jets?

predicted on 9/16. nice work man. i bet Bill was just checking out the site last night after Mankins hung up on him and had no clue what to do with that last spot, until he read your post.

I have been saying they need to trade Maroney since his first year and I'm just happy to see they finally did it. :D No more Mr Fumble!!!

Congrats on being way ahead of the curve on this...I remember seeing him on TV after the draft...or late rounds and the fact that he was not drafted...I think there may be a gem here...HOPING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots