PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do you root for tonight? Miami or Indianapolis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to win the division first. Root for the Dolphins to lose. If we want to be positioned better than the Colt's in the playoffs, then the Patriots will have to take care of business when we meet them.

absolutely agree. take care of the division first, as BB says.

I completely agree. Also, we can beat the Colts way easier that we can beat the Dolphins. The Phins can be physical. They can hit us hard and have our team pretty bruised up. The Colts are pretty soft though. They usually get their pressure by just sending their four down linemen. Also, the Colts can be run on more easily than the Dolphins, (if we finally decide to run that is).

I hate the Colts more than I hate the devil.

i hate losing the division more than i hate both. let's hope that at least one of these three teams can bury itself by sometime in October; if it's Miami, I won't shed any tears.

Last edited:
I won't root for the Colts but I'd like to see them beat the Dolphins. I'd hate to miss the playoffs like we did last year due to tight divisional records in the East...

Don't like to say it. Don't want to say it. Have to say it. Colts for the W.

Ugh. I feel so dirty. :help:

Root for Phins. If we can't beat the Phins in our division we don't belong in the playoffs. I want HFA against the Colts.
Ditto. None of this "just get there and see what happens" by hoping for the rest of the AFCE to fall apart. The Pats should win the division no matter what happens tonight; If they can't, they won't be long for this postseason anyway. Now a matchup vs. Indy in January would much rather be played in Foxboro vs. Indy, IMAO.

Regards,
Chris

Don't like to say it. Don't want to say it. Have to say it. Colts for the W.

Ugh. I feel so dirty. :help:

It's ok, have a drink of BB's kool-aid and it'll make it all better! :singing:

i root for my wallet:

IND - 3

:)

I root for Miami.

This year's wild card teams: 5. Pittsburgh 6. New England

It doesn't matter. I just want to see one of them get woefully embarrassed.

The Dolphins aren't a threat for the division. Last year was a fluke. This is a two-team race, between us and the Jets. Always root against the Colts. Remember 2006? If that game was played in Foxboro, I think the result would have been different, snow or not.

I don't understand. IMHO, if Miami has a solid win against Indy, then we should be worrying about them for the division and for the wildcard if it comes to that.

As Belichick teaches, and as Parcells taught before him, the focus is on the next game and the first long-term goal is the division.

I think is it waaaaaaaaay premature to be worrying about home field advantage.

Ditto. None of this "just get there and see what happens" by hoping for the rest of the AFCE to fall apart. The Pats should win the division no matter what happens tonight; If they can't, they won't be long for this postseason anyway. Now a matchup vs. Indy in January would much rather be played in Foxboro vs. Indy, IMAO.

Regards,
Chris

Good to see clear rational thinking from a guy even though he lives on the left coast. :)

Last edited:
The Dolphins aren't a threat for the division. Last year was a fluke. This is a two-team race, between us and the Jets. Always root against the Colts. Remember 2006? If that game was played in Foxboro, I think the result would have been different, snow or not.

I expect the Dolphins to take a good step back this year too, but still, being the 1st team (and only 2nd ever) to lose the division w/ an 11-5 record since 1985 is fresher in my mind than the 2006 AFCCG. Especially since I actually did not see that game because I was on a plane. The pilot announced the score at half time, and I had a nice relaxed rest of the flight. Until my friend picked me up at the airport and dropped the bomb on me. Okay, I AM NOT making myself feel any better going down memory lane with this post!

:banned:

Still have to go with Colts for the W. I guess I can just hope it's a big sloppy mess for both teams. :D

ive never rooted for the colts, and im not about to start. im confident that we'll finish ahead of the dolphins.

can we root for a tie?

I always root for the underdog ... even if it's and AFC east team.:confused:

How anyone can root for the Colts & Manning this early in the season is beyond me. Maybe if the Pats needed the Colts to win in week 16 to secure a playoff spot I could bring myself to root for Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back