PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who are you amped about?

I'm excited about all the new players, but particularly guys like Mapu, Sow, Baringer, Douglas, Andrews, and Mafi..
I'm looking forward to the invigorated Offense. Thorton taking the next step. Bourne going back to being a catalyst for the offense the way he was in 2021. The O-line being better than last year. The two 2nd year RBs stepping up.

This is probably the most excited I've been about camp in years.

The whole defense. Its not only super deep talent wise but theres lots of versatility and players that actually fit bb’s defense. The reports from minicamp are very encouraging and reflects this. Alot of people are understandably upset we didn’t do much to address ot and may not have addressed wr1 if hop doesn’t sign, but i don’t at all mind the focus on d in the draft and hopefully completing this defensive rebuild that began in 2020. They could be a really special unit, lets give credit where its due for what’s been assembled here.

Offense , its tough to be as amped up until i see how the line performs. But If our offense is again holding us back we are still not too far away turning it around there tbh.. an upgrade at ot and wr while hopefully retaining henry and geiseki who i think will have good years should leave us with a decent lineup , pending mac obviously.

How many times did we have drive killing penalties??
While their play was also lackluster - it was this element that frankly hurt last year's team more than the actual player skill - as most were at critical points...opposing team just scored on a long drive...and now it's first and 20 leading to a 3 and out gassing the defense...finally got inside the red zone...and it's second and 17...just need a FG...false start pushed out of Folk's range...

There are no "good times" for penalties obviously, but last year's OL just picked the worst situations to stop paying attention to detail.

Wise should be not undersetimated
Just having White able to spell him in a rotation will do wonders. Wise faded significantly down the stretch because he was on the field too much early. He's not an every down guy, but he's a good middle grade piece in a solid rotation.

A guy both walks into a bar and does not walk into a bar, or neither walks into a bar nor doesn't walk into a bar, or both both walks into a bar and does not walk into a bar and neither walks into a bar nor doesn't walk into a bar...
There is no bar and the guy has to run a 4.2 forty for admission anyways...

I’m amped about Ian making changes that are not necessarily aligned with short term goals of the site (less flame bait == less posts) to try and make this an enjoyable place to discuss Patriots football again.

Just having White able to spell him in a rotation will do wonders. Wise faded significantly down the stretch because he was on the field too much early. He's not an every down guy, but he's a good middle grade piece in a solid rotation.
You said it!! I like that we project to have a nice rotation of guys on D line so guys are fresher down the stretch.. every team should be trying to do so. D wise was strong early on once the snap count builds up its hard for a player to have the same motor.

I'll say wise is an every down player he's great against the run ,Batts down passes at the line occasionally and definitely can rush the passer.. he just needs to be spelled so he's more effective

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back