PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which Pats player will be the 'shocker' cut/release/trade this offseason?

Gotta luv Patsfans' theorizing.

2012 "Welker being phased out for Edelman"

2013 "Edelman being phased out by sundry rookies"

How about Edelman gets and stays healthy, but tj moe and Boyce become the surprise of training camp. All of which leads to, wait for it...................................Danny amendola gets cut on last day of TC.

Now there would be your shocker.

How on earth can you say that any player "looked lost" when they played less than 2 plays a game?

It is certainly fair to say that he had no impact on last year's team and was unable to get on the field but evaulating his play when he really didn't play is ridiculous.

As far as "free passes" go that award goes to Julian Edelman, who despite contributing very little is routinely touted as a really good player.

Whether bequette wins a spot on this team will come down to whatever progress or lack thereof he has made this offseason, he is definitely on the bubble and it is hard to see him sticking if he hasn't developed himself enough to win real playing time this season, e.g...20% of their defensive snaps or more. If Belichick doesn't see that happening then i think Bequette is gone in favor of someone who can get on the field that much.
If youbthink Edelman gets the award for free passes, you're not reading much around here.

How about Edelman gets and stays healthy, but tj moe and Boyce become the surprise of training camp. All of which leads to, wait for it...................................Danny amendola gets cut on last day of TC.

Now there would be your shocker.

Yeah, umm, no.

He may be "making excuses" but you are actually making things up by claiming that he "looked lost" when he wasn't even playing. Not sure what you have against him but you certainly have an axe to grind. I'm guessing you hated the pick and wanted someone else because other than that I can't see what reason their is to hate on him. Plenty of 3rd round picks don't get much playing time early on and the question is whether or not they can develop into a player over their first few seasons. If they don't they are gone. Hopefully that isn't the case. Bequette is not a great athlete but he was a really good player in the best conference in college football, so I'm guessing the transition to the pro's wasn't that easy, if he can turn himself into a good pro he will have been worth the pick, if not, adios and people can ***** about the pick as they always do.
I don't have any axe to grind and your guess about me hating the pick, not surprisingly, is way off base. In fact, my disappointment in Bequette is based upon many of the reason you cite. He was, as you point out, a really good player in a great conference. I loved the pick and thought because he produced so much in the SEC and in the Cotton Bowl that he'd be a productive player early on. Hey, I have no problem with a player taking a little time to develop, but he showed nothing, I mean zippo. Nothing would make me happier than having Bequette blossom into what I thought he'd be. But, I'm as skeptical as one can be.

Conolly depending on Marcus Cannon (can/will he play Guard?) and some of these other young interior OL we've signed.

Edelman - Can he stay healthy? Can others get injured?
Dowling - Can he stay healthy?
Cunningham - Jones, Ninkovich, Francis, Buchanon, Bequette
Love - Wilfork, Kelly, Armstead, Forston?, Grissom?

I don't have any axe to grind and your guess about me hating the pick, not surprisingly, is way off base. In fact, my disappointment in Bequette is based upon many of the reason you cite. He was, as you point out, a really good player in a great conference. I loved the pick and thought because he produced so much in the SEC and in the Cotton Bowl that he'd be a productive player early on. Hey, I have no problem with a player taking a little time to develop, but he showed nothing, I mean zippo. Nothing would make me happier than having Bequette blossom into what I thought he'd be. But, I'm as skeptical as one can be.

Agreed, rookie or not you have to show something to indicate that you belong in the NFL. He didn't.

Conolly depending on Marcus Cannon (can/will he play Guard?) and some of these other young interior OL we've signed.

Edelman - Can he stay healthy? Can others get injured?
Dowling - Can he stay healthy?
Cunningham - Jones, Ninkovich, Francis, Buchanon, Bequette
Love - Wilfork, Kelly, Armstead, Forston?, Grissom?

Wow, I must say I didn't think he would get cut today.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back