Welcome to PatsFans.com

Where the Brady Quinn haters at?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by QuiGon, Aug 19, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So where'd all the Brady Quinn haters go..? You know, all the people that said his holdout would devastate his rookie year and make him completely unable to play..? Where those people at..? And why aren't they criticizins Russell right now..? Oh yeah, that's right... JaMarcus went to LSU so his holdout is just good business and smart maneuvering...
  2. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +207 / 16 / -38

#50 Jersey

QuiGon -
    I didn't get to watch Quinn play, but I heard he did well. Did you get to watch? How good was the "well" the media reported? Does he stand a chance of beating out Anderson or Frye to start the season?
  3. BionicPatriot

BionicPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I heard he did it against a prevent D, even still that impresses me. But lets face it.

#1 people hated ND. I just became the year before Weis came aboard (Mostly due to my Irish heritage/catholic background, altho I like FSU as well) I couldn't tell you why. I realize people hate ND cuz of the past but cmon', it's about to be 20 years since their last big title I believe. Let go people.

#2 with people hating ND, they hate those who come from it. I don't care what people think, Quin played in a pro style offense. He obviously executed it well. He played against elite competition WITHOUT elite help. This is why he "cant beat good teams" So there goes that knock on him. Quin will be fine, and hopefully he'll make his haters eat crow.
  4. PatsSteve1

PatsSteve1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It was against guys who aren't likely to be on a 53 man rosters but probably bumped him up to play with and against 1st teamers next week. I don't have anything against the kid.
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

As I said in the other thread, 3rd team guys is one thing but the Lions were up 23-6 with 6 or so minutes left. Prevent, dump offs, giving up the easy over the middle pass to melt the clock. It was less than meaningless.
  6. swheeler23

swheeler23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It is preseason. Means nothing.
  7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I only saw the highlights, but his numbers were pretty impressive - 13 for 20, 155 yds, 2 TDs. The conventional wisdom right now is he doesn't have much chance to start week 1, but it is entirely possible (if not probable) that he is starting by midseason.
  8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Interesting comment... when he wasn't at training camp, he was ruining his entire rookie season... but now that he's in and played well, all of a sudden it "means nothing"... hmmmmmmm....
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

The "numbers" were better as 3 or 4 INC were spikes to stop the clock. But it wasn't real game, it was massive, soft prevent.

It actually hurts Romeo - now people will be all over him if he starts Frye.
  10. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

He still rubs me the wrong way. It has nothing to do with his on-field performance.

[​IMG]
  11. unoriginal

unoriginal Rookie

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -1

Please unpimp your post.

[​IMG]

Oh snap.
  12. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I saw the "Brady Quinn highlight package" on NFL.com and came away impressed, but unimpressed. He made three or four truly good throws, but the rest of his completions (and his TD pass) were ALL -identical- dump-offs over the middle to his RB. Somehow I think that defenses will cover that option if he ever sees gametime in the regular season.

:rolleyes:
  13. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Still hate him and think hes a loser.

Why does anyone care?
  14. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -3

A. Nobody here cares about Brady Quinn or the Brownies

B. I maintain a healthy distrust and disrespect for men that appear to be waxed from head to toe. I mean, how does a 23-yr old not have a single hair on his entire body (well, at least his arms, torso and legs)???
  15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You know what this reminds me of..? The people that criticized Tom Brady all during the 2001 season.... "All he is doing is a dink 'n dunk offense... he throws a couple yards and the receivers run the rest..." etc, etc...
  16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

It's different down by 14 with 5 minutes left in the game.
  17. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

I care about him. I am a ND fan and want him to do well. He played well when he was in there, he made the correct check downs and took what the defense gave him. He throws a good ball and i can't wait for him to get some more reps against better competition.

and you being preocupied with his body hair is just disturbing.
  18. Bruschi 3:16

Bruschi 3:16 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What am I missing here? He had a good game and suddenly those who questioned his holdout are supposed to eat crow? He's going to be another QB bust out of Notre Dame a la Ron Powlus.
  19. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

20. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Maybe so, but the truth is the truth. He looked good against 2nd and 3rd stringers while dumping off over the middle to his RB over, and over, and over, and over.

I'm just saying that it's a bit early to say anything about him one way or the other. His accuracy looked good though, that much I can say.