PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where the Brady Quinn haters at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of an idiot I heard on the radio the other day. He went into this rant on Quinn's success in the game and took it as an excuse to attack statistics. He was saying "people say stats don't lie. Well, in this situation stats do lie." blah blah blah.

I'm listening to this tool thinking, "it's not the stats that are lying. Anyone who credits Quinn for his stats without mentioning that they were compiled against a third-string defense playing prevent is lying."

Which brings us to the original post...

Is this a joke? Is the thread starter actually trying to use 5 minutes in a blowout 4th quarter pre-season game as any indication of talent, performance, or ability?

Wow.

So much for the "Boston/New England sports fans having loads of sports knowledge" rant I hear all the time.........yeah, he lit up a bunch of guys that will be asking if you want fries with that soon.

That said, I hope the kid has a great career so Doofin fans can cry about not drafting him and drafting a punt returner instead. However, if you ask Doofin fans, they will tell you they got the QB they really wanted later on in the draft.

Yeah, sure they did.

Adrian Peterson had an awesome game against the Jets but I am not going to put Adrian into the HOF nor am I going to put the 2007 Jets defense under the bus either - Get a grip

Brady Quinn has not shown ANYTHING to ANYONE until the regular season starts.

IMO He is going to be a bust but we shall see,just don't make stupid posts like this based on a meaningless preseason game,its stupid.

I guess the 0-2 Patriots will be getting the #1 draft pick too if you go by what you see in Preseason :rolleyes:

What am I missing here? He had a good game and suddenly those who questioned his holdout are supposed to eat crow? He's going to be another QB bust out of Notre Dame a la Ron Powlus.
Maybe... maybe... but I think you missed the point. The point was all the people that said he was completely ruining his rookie season (if not his entire career) with his holdout that barely stretched past 2 weeks. Obviously you can miss some time and not exactly have it ruin your entire season (as Matt Leinary proved last year).

I am not saying he's going to be some great all-world QB... all I saying is the people that bashed him for holding out until (gasp!) August 10 either didn't know what they were talking about or there was some other motivation behind their criticism.

Is this a joke? Is the thread starter actually trying to use 5 minutes in a blowout 4th quarter pre-season game as any indication of talent, performance, or ability?
No. The thread starter is using his performance as an indication that holding out for a week or two doesn't completely destroy any chance a player might have of learning a system and being ready to play come September.

Two words.. Michael Bishop, lets not get too carried away. I think Quinn will be a pretty good QB and lord knows Cleveland needs him.

Ps. I used to really really hate Notre Dame, now that Weis is there I just hate them. IMO they are devoid of enough talent to ever be a top ten team.

Last edited:
OK... it's obviously that my post here didn't exactly convey the message I intended, so I take full responsibility for that. I am not predicting Quinn will be this great, wonderful QB or anything like that... I am just trying to dispel the nonsense we were reading in here a few weeks ago... for example:

"(Quinn) is holding up the signings of several rookies within his range. Including our Brandon Meriweather."

"if he doesn't get reps to start training camp, he isn't going to get them if he comes in a couple weeks late, and his career is bumped back a year."

"Quinn comes off as a very spoiled kid who's been coddled from "go".

"(Leinart was) a different situation"

and so on... I mean, seriously... people were blaming Quinn for holding up virtually the entire draft..!! Plus all the posts saying his first year is a complete wash because he missed about 2 weeks of camp...

Last edited:
OK... it's obviously that my post here didn't exactly convey the message I intended, so I take full responsibility for that. I am not predicting Quinn will be this great, wonderful QB or anything like that... I am just trying to dispel the nonsense we were reading in here a few weeks ago... for example:

"(Quinn) is holding up the signings of several rookies within his range. Including our Brandon Meriweather."

"if he doesn't get reps to start training camp, he isn't going to get them if he comes in a couple weeks late, and his career is bumped back a year."

"Quinn comes off as a very spoiled kid who's been coddled from "go".

"(Leinart was) a different situation"

and so on... I mean, seriously... people were blaming Quinn for holding up virtually the entire draft..!! Plus all the posts saying his first year is a complete wash because he missed about 2 weeks of camp...

let's recognize the man behind the man

tc1a.jpg
$

=

greed_undead1.jpg
$

Last edited:
Completely unrelated to his holdout, I still believe that he will not be a successful QB in the NFL. I also think that it is comical that based on a good preseason performance against guys on the fringe to make the DETROIT LIONS that you are declaring him a success and asking others to eat crow.

We should know by the end of 2008, perhaps 2009 what is up with Quinn.

Two words.. Michael Bishop, lets not get too carried away. I think Quinn will be a pretty good QB and lord knows Cleveland needs him.

Ps. I used to really really hate Notre Dame, now that Weis is there I just hate them. IMO they are devoid of enough talent to ever be a top ten team.

Wait a couple years. Notre Dame will struggle this year because of their schedule and overall youth on the team but Weis is bringing in top classes again and the 2008 class is #1 in the nation as of today. By 2009, I fully expect them to be a legitimate threat for the national championship.

Wait a couple years. Notre Dame will struggle this year because of their schedule and overall youth on the team but Weis is bringing in top classes again and the 2008 class is #1 in the nation as of today. By 2009, I fully expect them to be a legitimate threat for the national championship.

I would love to take action on that. :D

I still hate them.

Completely unrelated to his holdout, I still believe that he will not be a successful QB in the NFL. I also think that it is comical that based on a good preseason performance against guys on the fringe to make the DETROIT LIONS that you are declaring him a success and asking others to eat crow.
Yeah... you need to re-read post #28, which clarifies the point of this thread. I am not "declaring him a success"... I am just having fun with the idiotic posts of a 1-2 weeks ago... I mean, people were saying that his entire rookie season was wiped out because he held out for barely 2 weeks...

Last edited:
I would love to take action on that. :D

They definately always have brutal schedules but look at their commitment lists for the past several seasons and look at the one they're putting together for 2008. They've finished top 5 in recruiting the last two years and again, if signing day was today, their 08 class would be #1.

The reason they haven't handled the top teams very well is severe lack of depth and team speed. I was at the Sugar Bowl against LSU, both of those problems were obvious. They went toe-to-toe in the 1st half but simply lost steem in the 2nd and got crushed. Those two problems are being corrected rapidly.

It will be interesting to see what Charlie does with his own players... although this year is certainly a "building" year...

They definately always have brutal schedules but look at their commitment lists for the past several seasons and look at the one they're putting together for 2008. They've finished top 5 in recruiting the last two years and again, if signing day was today, their 08 class would be #1.

The reason they haven't handled the top teams very well is severe lack of depth and team speed. I was at the Sugar Bowl against LSU, both of those problems were obvious. They went toe-to-toe in the 1st half but simply lost steem in the 2nd and got crushed. Those two problems are being corrected rapidly.

Their class for 09 thusfar is good, yes. However, it's not a clear #1. They have an average star rating of 3.84, good for #3, behind USC and OSU, and just ahead of Michigan and FSU. They have more available openings for players, thus a higher total "point" value, but average stars is the best way to judge a class, as it evens the playing field between teams with more schollies and less schollies to give.

http://usc.rivals.com/TeamRank.asp?postype=0&year=2008&sort=6

Their class for 09 thusfar is good, yes. However, it's not a clear #1. They have an average star rating of 3.84, good for #3, behind USC and OSU, and just ahead of Michigan and FSU. They have more available openings for players, thus a higher total "point" value, but average stars is the best way to judge a class, as it evens the playing field between teams with more schollies and less schollies to give.

http://usc.rivals.com/TeamRank.asp?postype=0&year=2008&sort=6

I'll contend that going by average stars they aren't #1. However, they still have several 5 star recruits looking at them and that rating could rise.

Even then, they don't need the clear-cut #1 recruting class every year to be a threat for the title. If that was the case, Pete Carroll and USC should be embarassed that they aren't going for their 5th straight title and looking to break the all-time record for consecutive wins.

By 2009, their roster will be loaded.

I'll contend that going by average stars they aren't #1. However, they still have several 5 star recruits looking at them and that rating could rise.

Even then, they don't need the clear-cut #1 recruting class every year to be a threat for the title. If that was the case, Pete Carroll and USC should be embarassed that they aren't going for their 5th straight title and looking to break the all-time record for consecutive wins.

By 2009, their roster will be loaded.

You got that right I wonder sometimes why does a kid go to a school thats loaded like that and end up transferring because of a lack of playing time I know of a few players from Arkansas that are at USC I will be interested in what kind of playing time they will get.

Last edited:
Ryan leaf was good in the pre season also. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots