PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where is Ty Law going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be neat to have him back IF he can be a mentor to our young CB's, but it's REAL hard to think of dumping a solid prospect for him. Which vet is he better than right off the hop?

Law has always been about the $$$, and I can't see that changing. He'll go to the highest bidder, if he has to play in East Oshkosh. Show him the money, period!

Law has always been about the $$$, and I can't see that changing. He'll go to the highest bidder, if he has to play in East Oshkosh. Show him the money, period!

Yeah, but people change. Who's to say a deal isn't in place, but he's playing the shadow game? If there's a deal with NE, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if that's the case.

agreed - lets see if Law and Seau join this team in a week or so....

It would be neat to have him back IF he can be a mentor to our young CB's, but it's REAL hard to think of dumping a solid prospect for him. Which vet is he better than right off the hop?

Bryant, hands down and clear as day.........

If the Pats want him back, I think this may be the most likely chance of him ever coming back. No one is going to pay him close to what he wants at this point. He has family in Mass and this is his best chance for another ring and to help his legacy if he ever has a chance to get into the HOF (doubtful, but another good year or two and another ring would help) is with the Pats.

The Jets will most likely pay him more (they already offered Lynch more than the Pats would be willing to pay), but will it be significantly more? Granted he supposably went to KC over the Pats for about $100k difference. So anything could be enough.

I'm starting to wonder if the jets hav a salary cap.

Can the Jets afford to pay Law? They're already throwing $12 million at Lord Favre and several of their players are pissed about being undrpaid.

Mangini's job is in the line and he will do anything to keep his job.

Mangini's job is in the line and he will do anything to keep his job.

They'd have to cut an expensive O-Lineman to get him... um... yeah, that would be cool. heh heh... :rolleyes:

Hopefully he goes to you guys, IMO he is washed up and done. He would be a great mentor but I would rather you guys played him then give Wilhite and Wheatley in game action to learn and grow.

Isn't Law a bit young to be signing with the Graytriots?

Playing against Law in week 2 doesn't intimidate me much.

How about you guys, would you as Pat fans be worried about Law on the Jets in week 2?

Not saying he is completely done, maybe he would fit better at safety at this point. I don't value him much as a mentor. Team leader he is, has a big presence on the field and in the locker room. Well seasoned.

Jets are probably just offering a deal to drive the price up on the Pats, like they did with Lynch and many others before Lynch.

Last edited:
Playing against Law in week 2 doesn't intimidate me much.

Same here. I don't want Law on the Pats. He's an overweight, overpaid, often penalized, out of shape, shell of what he used to be. Why screw around? Throw one of next year's 2nd round picks at Philly and make a bid for Shepard. I'd even throw a low rounder in. He'll add instant credibility to the CBs and he's in his prime. It's one thing to add older players on the o-line, but a CB needs all of his speed and quickness. We don't need a corner that "has" to line up 10 yards off the receiver.

I could care less where Ty Law goes as long as it isn't here. The last 2 years we were exposed for our lack of speed on defense ... I would rather get younger at this point.

If Ty law can fix our corner problem, so be it.

If the Kansas City Chiefs (who NE plays in week 1 next week) decided that its not worth keeping Law around then why should NE look into signing him?

Only in desperation will Law be the answer - KC is expected to be one of the worst teams in the NFL this season and if they thought Law was still able bodied,I am sure they would have tried to fit him under the cap and keep the team from being even worse - Not exactly a Jason Allen decision there.

While I think Law's best days are far behind him......
As a Colts fan I still don't want you to sign him.No need to rekindle old friendships.:cool:

Can people honestly say that Ty Law would not help in this current state of cornerbacks even for one year (note: no idea if he would even sign a one-year deal)? Again...Hobbs is OK. Bryant is always injured. And Wheatley is a rookie.

If the Kansas City Chiefs (who NE plays in week 1 next week) decided that its not worth keeping Law around then why should NE look into signing him?

Only in desperation will Law be the answer - KC is expected to be one of the worst teams in the NFL this season and if they thought Law was still able bodied,I am sure they would have tried to fit him under the cap and keep the team from being even worse - Not exactly a Jason Allen decision there.

The Chiefs are in full rebuilding mode and Law had a phony contract with them that would have required they pay him millions more than he will get from whomever he signs with in 2008. KC did well in the draft but they didn't know that last March and even then they remain in full blown youth driven rebuild mode so the know they won't win enough to matter this season (or maybe ever with the Herminator in charge and no QB).

Ty is not the player of 2004 any more, but he is still a ballhawk who can reek a little havoc when put in place to capitalize on his skill set. If BB signs him it will be because he believes he can use him to advantage.

I don't know whether we'll sign Ty Law. What I do know is that I currently have 6 corners making the squad. We have one solid incumbant, two for the future and three veteran free agents.

Hobbs
Bryant, Webster, Lewis Sanders
Wheatley, Wilhite

All the veterans are signed as a one year fix. Certainly Law could replace one of them and improve the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News