PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where is Ty Law going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEPatriot

Banned
Reaction score
According to cnn.com rumor, Ty law has spoken with Pats, Brown, and Jets and he will let everybody know where he plays.

According to cnn.com rumor, Ty law has spoken with Pats, Brown, and Jets and he will let everybody know where he plays.

Nothing against Bryant, Hobbs and the rest, but I think Ty Law would fit right into our d/backfield.

I cannot imagine him going back to the Jets or to Cleve, unless his motivation continues to be money above best chance to go out on top.

Nothing against Bryant, Hobbs and the rest, but I think Ty Law would fit right into our d/backfield.

I cannot imagine him going back to the Jets or to Cleve, unless his motivation continues to be money above best chance to go out on top.
For Ty, MONEY = RESPECT, so yeah, figure on the highest bidder.

I can't imagine the Jets. While his relationship with Mangini may be good, they really have no need for him. He'd be more valued in Cleveland. and more value equates to more money

Last edited:
Supposedly he's gonna talk to his family, which is generally not a good sign for us since they are always lookin' to be fed more than Bill believes they should be. It would be better for us if he talked to Troy Brown's kids instead...

I can't imagine the Jets. While his relationship with Mangini may be good, they really have no need for him. He'd be more valued in Cleveland. and more value equates to more money

Don't the Jets start Hank Poteat?

Personally I'd love to get him back here, just put Wilhite on IR. I'd be a lot more comfortable (and I would guess most here would agree) if you added Law to Hobbs, Bryant, and Wheatley.

just put Wilhite on IR.
Doesn't a player have to be injured to be put on IT?? That's what I always thought..didn't he return from his injury??

Not if u r a rookie with the Patriots.

Patchick, isn't this your cue?

Tell you what, I'll help out. Warren94, see post #24.

Why do we want to continue putting young talented guys out there for others to claim. Don't we want to get younger on D? I agree w/Patchick this IR phenomenon simply does not exist and Wilhite was back for the Philly game so unless he gets hurt again I don't see it. I also don't want to waive a guy like Wilhite, he will be a solid player with some seasoning and someone will claim him. Law and/or Seau will fill a limited role on this team and welcome them back but not at the expense of young, talented players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do we want to continue putting young talented guys out there for others to claim. Don't we want to get younger on D? I agree w/Patchick this IR phenomenon simply does not exist and Wilhite was back for the Philly game so unless he gets hurt again I don't see it. I also don't want to waive a guy like Wilhite, he will be a solid player with some seasoning and someone will claim him. Law and/or Seau will fill a limited role on this team and welcome them back but not at the expense of young, talented players.

I agree, but based on the BB philosophy, I think he'll be thinking in one year increments right now. You can be sure we didn't make the best offer Ty got. I can see this one going either way.

OK then keep the five cornerbacks. I realize that means someone else has to get cut. But to be honest I just don't trust any of the lead three corners right now against a big time passing attack. Hobbs is OK. Forget the preseason games, but Bryant is frequently injured. And Wheatley is a rookie.

I've defended the recent BB drafts from people who've put them down because of how low most of the draft 'cuts' have been, but it's not as if greatness has been cut from the team. Kareem Brown and company may be good enough to serve as backups on lesser teams, but it's not as if they've become Pro Bowl players.

Last edited:
Ty law comin back would be huge.

I agree, he would fit right in and just add more expierence to our secondary.

If the Pats want him back, I think this may be the most likely chance of him ever coming back. No one is going to pay him close to what he wants at this point. He has family in Mass and this is his best chance for another ring and to help his legacy if he ever has a chance to get into the HOF (doubtful, but another good year or two and another ring would help) is with the Pats.

The Jets will most likely pay him more (they already offered Lynch more than the Pats would be willing to pay), but will it be significantly more? Granted he supposably went to KC over the Pats for about $100k difference. So anything could be enough.

From the original article:

Whose side is Law on?
Ty Law, who is still a free agent, remains the top option for teams looking for cornerback help. Law visited with the Jets and has spoken with both Patriots coach Bill Belichick and Browns coach Romeo Crennel. "I'm just training and getting ready to go," Law said. "I should be out there holding it down opening week. I have not decided which team I'm going to play with yet. I have to talk to my agent and family, and will make a decision soon."

I think it's a pretty telling thing to see the 3 teams he's talking with. Given his familiarity with the basics of those defenses, he can get up to speed quickly for those teams.

Of course, if another team offers him $.25 more, he'll likely go there and not worry about such things as being ready.

Can the Jets afford to pay Law? They're already throwing $12 million at Lord Favre and several of their players are pissed about being undrpaid.

i hope they can find a way to get law back it would help our need at CB and even though he is another old player he is better than anyone we have at CB right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes