PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where does Asante fall to you in terms of important player?

Original:

1) Brady
2) Seymour
3) Wilfork
4) Warren
5) Adalius Thomas (jury is still out without any play yet,although we expect him to be a very important player here)
6) Mike Vrabel
7) Rodney Harrison
8) Asante Samuel
9) Ellis Hobbs
10) Laurence Maroney

Have to add the OL:

1) Brady
2) Seymour
3) Wilfork
4) Warren
5) Adalius Thomas (jury is still out without any play yet,although we expect him to be a very important player here)
6) Mike Vrabel
7) Light
8) Koppen
9) Rodney Harrison (this low only due to injury factor)
10) Asante Samuel
Then Mankins, Hobbs, Maroney, Bruschi, Colvin, Watson and maybe Ghost

1) Brady
2) The D-line
3) The O-line
4) Harrison
5) Brown
6) Bru
7) Vrable
8) Maroney
9) Hobbs
10) Faulk

I know I am going to probably get some crap for my #10 but seriously, how many times has be made plays that have either extended a drive during a crucial time or ended up killing the team?

Brown, what do I need to say about him that isn't already known.

Harrison is up there because he is the general of that backfield. He gets players into position (T. Brown), makes others play up another level (Wilson) and is extremely important against the run. He also gets into the opposing teams WR's heads and makes them think twice about going over the middle on him.

Tedy may have lost a step or two but he also gets players into the right position so they can make plays. He has always played with an intensity that is infectious and is the heart and soul of that D.

Vrable is almost as important because of his ability to play inside and out in a pinch. Is very smart and an excellent comliment to Buschi.

I list Koppen because again he is the leader of that line. He almost never lets any penetration up through the middle and doesn't make many (if any) bad snaps to Brady.

Maroney's play is going to determine whether or not opposing teams respect the run. He is extremely important to Brady's success through his running, receiving, and more importantly blitz recognition and pickup.

Hobbs play has steadily improved over the course of the last two years. He has played thtouhg injuries and plays much bigger than he actually is. BB has faith in him to match him up on the better receivers and has been instrumental to the teams defensive success in the redzone.

I put the entire O & D-lines up because I look at them as more of a cohesive unit rather than individuals. If you have a unit that plays together you can play above your own abilities. Dante proes this over and over again with the guys that he gets for the O-line. I am in now way down playing some of the guys abilities but there success is based of off thier ability to play with one another.

Brown the 5th most valuable/important player!?

I'd probably remove him from the list entirely.

I guess I'm confused about what "important" means to other people.

#1 Brady
#2 wilfork
#3 samuel

Brady of course is the most important player we have on the team. Then you have to have a number one guy that can stop the run, and a number one that can stop he pass. Thats why i have Wilfork then Samuel. Samuel was starting to get that don't throw to his side reputation. He is defenitley our 3rd most important player. I would list Thiomas as our number four. I don't know how some of you made a top ten and don't even have Gostkowki on there. Sorry to say that Steven is defenitly one of our top ten guys.

Last edited:
Yeah, I had this thought when I saw a link titled "patriots star wants trade." I thought it was somewhat misleading when I could think of 5 guys off the top of my head who are better than he is.

I'd have to pretty much agree with your list, except for Ellis Hobbs somehow coming in at #9. I think you listen to too much Michael Holley.

I think Ellis Hobbs with a healed wrist will be a decent player for us back there and is important in an important area...That wrist injury definately hampered his play last year.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Back