PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When will the Broncos luck run out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully before this Siemian kid figures out what is causing his accuracy issues.

Denver is a good football team, and they will be tough to beat.

With that being said, it really does benefit a team when refs make calls to protect you to a certain extent. The Denver/Cincy game had a few calls which changed the flow of the game for Denver.

Sure, you owned the Broncos when they were trash. Newsflash, they were kind of good in the last four years, and you guys are 2-3 against them, including 0-2 in the playoffs within that timeframe. Beating the crap out a Tebow-led Broncos isn't a huge accomplishment.

Sure, you owned the Broncos when they were trash. Newsflash, they were kind of good in the last four years, and you guys are 2-3 against them, including 0-2 in the playoffs within that timeframe. Beating the crap out a Tebow-led Broncos isn't a huge accomplishment.

Since 2011 we're 5-3 against them. Since 2012, 3-3. Not sure where you're getting 2-3.

In all 3 losses we were missing multiple key players at different positions, and lost by 10, 6 (in OT), and 2. In 2013 and 2015 we were among the leaders in man games lost to injury.

Meanwhile, our wins:

41-23
45-10
31-21
34-31
43-21

That's on par with the spankings we've given your team.

Beating the crap out of a Siemian led Broncos isn't going to be a big accomplishment either, but it's still going to happen.

Last edited:
Its not and I'm not really thrilled to be playing them so late into the season when we are more prone to injury. And with how dirty they play it makes me uncomfortable. Also gives Siemian time to clean his game up.

The Broncos are legit. They have been legit since Elway has taken over that front office. I don't mind people being confident in beating them, but discrediting them after 5+ years of consistency and 2 SB appearances and a SB win is a pretty moronic thing to do. That is a damn good football team and front office.

I do think that with everyone healthy the Pats are the best team in the league bar none. However, with HFA/a friendly whistle/injuries the playing field evens enough to where Denver can squeak by close wins against us.

They're probably the team best built to beat the Pats stylistically (elite pass rush, great secondary, solid running game, and excellent WRs).

When Pats have won, it has been convincing since 2012. Last year's regular season game at Denver was the most blatant screw job since Seattle got screwed in SB XL against Pittsburgh, and everything had to break right for Denver in that game (Gronk's phantom OPI, injuries to Lewis/Edelman, the multiple blatant holds NOT called on Denver, and of course Harper's botched PR which was the one miscue a result of our own incompetence by someone from the practice squad).

It then took a missed PAT from SG to squeak out the AFCC game for Denver, but that was a loss I can stomach moreso (though Talib in the playoffs got away with at least 1 blatant DPI in every game during a critical play).

Denver faced Pittsburgh with a limping Big Ben, no AB, no Bell. Then faced us with no Lewis. Faced Carolina with no Kelvin Benjamin. Again, sometimes you have to get lucky and the football gods (along with an assist from the cronies at the league office) smiled on Denver last year.

Having said that, a fully healthy Pats team should win in any stadium against any team this year. But Denver looks to be our biggest challenge in the AFC.

This Pat's team cannot win in Denver even with Brady. This has been proven many times in recent years. Getting home field advantage should be the goal of the reg season.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Since 2011 we're 5-3 against them. Since 2012, 3-3. Not sure where you're getting 2-3.

In all 3 losses we were missing multiple key players at different positions, and lost by 10, 6 (in OT), and 2. In 2013 and 2015 we were among the leaders in man games lost to injury.

Meanwhile, our wins:

41-23
45-10
31-21
34-31
43-21

That's on par with the spankings we've given your team.

Beating the crap out of a Siemian led Broncos isn't going to be a big accomplishment either, but it's still going to happen.

You are 2-3 in the last five, but you are right, 3-3 since they got really good. 0-2 in the playoffs though... Also, why would you count a win against the Tebow-led team? The Broncos had a completely different roster back then. Can I count the 2006 (or whichever year that was) loss too then, against Jake the Snake? I don't know why I'm surprised, though, you guys said the same crap for a decade straight before the fourth ring finally came. The Pats has never been beaten fair and square, right?

This Pat's team cannot win in Denver even with Brady. This has been proven many times in recent years. Getting home field advantage should be the goal of the reg season.

The Patriots can win anywhere, against anybody. This year's roster looks amazing, and Brady should be in good shape. The four-game ban may even help him come playoff time. You can definitely win in Denver, and no matter how promising Siemian looks at times, he still has some issues, and even if he plays amazing for the rest of the way, who knows what the playoff atmosphere will do to him? Until he goes out and does it, you can never know. I would be optimistic if I were a Pats fan. The team is not unbeatable, but probably the favorite if everyone gets healthy. Slightly ahead of the Broncos, Seahawks, Panthers trio.

Broncos are a really good team...I do hope the Pats beat them but I dont see the Broncos loosing anytime soon. I do think the Pats healthy are a better team but dam.....

It will be a 3 score victory if NE is healthy. Your irrational fear of a team we've smacked around with ease when healthy is irrelevant.

When have we ever "smacked around" Denver when healthy? The regular season game in 2014? We were lucky to rally and squeak out a win in 2013 before they b-slapped us in a game that counted (AFCCG). Same thing last year. They owned us for the whole game and we rallied to make it a respectable score at the end.
The fact is this: unless Tebow decides to make an honorary start for Denver, they have owned us at Mile High and played us to a draw at Gillette. That goes for whether it's Elway, Jake the Snake, Osweiler, or Manning playing QB for them. Until we change that and stop using injuries as an excuse, we better face the reality we need homefield in the playoffs.
Don't confuse respect with fear.

The Broncos are just a great team. Best in the league until proven otherwise.

crappy thread a jets fan would make about the pats.

Right now I'm more concerned about getting our team healthy and back on the field. Gronk has been a non-factor this season so far, but we're going to need him if we want them to take it to another level. And there's still the Buffalo game to play without Brady. The Pats could be looking up at Denver in the standings next week for all we know.

You are 2-3 in the last five, but you are right, 3-3 since they got really good. 0-2 in the playoffs though... Also, why would you count a win against the Tebow-led team? The Broncos had a completely different roster back then. Can I count the 2006 (or whichever year that was) loss too then, against Jake the Snake? I don't know why I'm surprised, though, you guys said the same crap for a decade straight before the fourth ring finally came. The Pats has never been beaten fair and square, right?

We don't even have to go back too far for an embarrassing defeat of the Broncos. In 2014 we beat them 43-21. In 2012, we beat them 31-21, and that score doesn't even reflect just how much we dominated that game. While they had to barely squeak out wins against our practice squad in 2013 and 2015 (again, we had among the most man games lost to injury in those seasons.)

In 2014, we beat them so bad that D. Thomas came out and said that before the Divisional round game against you guys, Denver was looking ahead to next week and dreading having to play NE. He said their team was afraid of playing us. They know we own them when we're healthy.

When have we ever "smacked around" Denver when healthy? The regular season game in 2014? We were lucky to rally and squeak out a win in 2013 before they b-slapped us in a game that counted (AFCCG). Same thing last year. They owned us for the whole game and we rallied to make it a respectable score at the end.
The fact is this: unless Tebow decides to make an honorary start for Denver, they have owned us at Mile High and played us to a draw at Gillette. That goes for whether it's Elway, Jake the Snake, Osweiler, or Manning playing QB for them. Until we change that and stop using injuries as an excuse, we better face the reality we need homefield in the playoffs.
Don't confuse respect with fear.

Both times in 2011, in 2012, and in 2014. If you don't think the margin of victory in those games constitutes "smacking them around," then you're clueless.

"Owning" doesn't consist of barely beating our practice squad on their homefield. Owning is what we do to them when we play in Foxboro. We've owned them there to the point that they were scared ****less of playing us in the 2014 playoffs. I don't remember ours guys ever showing fear at the prospect of going into Denver.

It's not my fault that you're an irrational ****y.

Every protagonist needs an antagonist. For the Patriots, at the moment, it's Denver. I hope both teams are at full strength when they meet mainly because I'm interested to see how a healthy Patriots team fares against what has to be considered the best defense in the league.

Denver being so good makes them a worthy adversary.

Not sure what's the fuss, if you watched today's game, you know DEN is no match for NE at even or even or less-ish health. They barely beat one of the worst team performances for a 'playoff contender' I've watched recently. DEN QB had 3 INTs dropped. CIN had nearly a dozen stupid penalties. Another 2 or 3 key calls went against them. DEN was playing slow down ball bc/they knew they couldn't count on the offense to win a game, and CIN played right into it. Which is a dumb to begin with, bc/DEN D is good, but not close to elite. Foolish bc you need to wear out the D, it's thin, pressure them, and as soon as any team gets up on DEN it's all over for them. Heck, I can't even see them winning more than 60% of their games if they play like today and past weeks, even with an "easy" schedule. I doubt we even meet them in the playoffs. That team is flawed, and will be exited early. But we will see.

Last edited:
Both times in 2011, in 2012, and in 2014. If you don't think the margin of victory in those games constitutes "smacking them around," then you're clueless.

"Owning" doesn't consist of barely beating our practice squad on their homefield. Owning is what we do to them when we play in Foxboro. We've owned them there to the point that they were scared ****less of playing us in the 2014 playoffs. I don't remember ours guys ever showing fear at the prospect of going into Denver.

It's not my fault that you're an irrational ****y.

There we are...another internet messageboard warrior. Great conversing with you. Have a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST