PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When will the Broncos luck run out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does luck include constant ref help?

Regardless, they got both going for them and it's truly mind blowing to watch.

Not to mention the fact they're the dirtiest team in the league by far.

Yeah, I'm not sold on the Panthers at all. the Colts plain old suck (I think Houston wins that division, and they're not good, either), and the Bengals look like their ship is starting to sail. Malauaga looks slow, Sanu was a big loss for Red Rider BB gun...they peaked a couple of years ago and just don't seem special.

But neither is Arizona as good as we thought. Miami is...Miami, and Houston, meh.

I'll give the pats the clear edge because they're got some huge players coming back soon, most notably, three of the top 4 offensive stars.

Also, Denver is not deep. Miller, Talib, Thomas, Sanders - losing any of these guys hurts that team more than anyone the Pats could lose, other than Brady. They just tossed a shutout without Hightower, for crissakes! So Denver has to stay healthy to stay on top.

That said, looks to me right now that the Broncos and Pats are WAY AHEAD of anyone else in the AFC.
If the AFCCG goes through Denver this year, it will be a hard slog for the Pats.

Teams that could threaten that dominance:

1. Pittsburgh. Even after yesterday...they're much better than they showed against Philly.

2. Jets. If good Fitz shows up.

3. Chiefs. Solid team.

Really, that's about it.

The Broncos are legit. They have been legit since Elway has taken over that front office. I don't mind people being confident in beating them, but discrediting them after 5+ years of consistency and 2 SB appearances and a SB win is a pretty moronic thing to do. That is a damn good football team and front office.

Unfortunately I think one has to admit that Elway has ended up being a really good GM. I thought he was crazy to open the season without a proven QB, but it seems to be working for him, you have to take your hat off to him.

Does luck include constant ref help?

Regardless, they got both going for them and it's truly mind blowing to watch.

Not to mention the fact they're the dirtiest team in the league by far.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
We make fun of other boards for having Patriot-hater threads so I don't think we should be doing the same. The Broncos are still good. It's unfortunate. We just have to be better than them, which I think we are.

Yeah, I'm not sold on the Panthers at all. the Colts plain old suck (I think Houston wins that division, and they're not good, either), and the Bengals look like their ship is starting to sail. Malauaga looks slow, Sanu was a big loss for Red Rider BB gun...they peaked a couple of years ago and just don't seem special.

But neither is Arizona as good as we thought. Miami is...Miami, and Houston, meh.

I'll give the pats the clear edge because they're got some huge players coming back soon, most notably, three of the top 4 offensive stars.

Also, Denver is not deep. Miller, Talib, Thomas, Sanders - losing any of these guys hurts that team more than anyone the Pats could lose, other than Brady. They just tossed a shutout without Hightower, for crissakes! So Denver has to stay healthy to stay on top.

That said, looks to me right now that the Broncos and Pats are WAY AHEAD of anyone else in the AFC.
If the AFCCG goes through Denver this year, it will be a hard slog for the Pats.

Teams that could threaten that dominance:

1. Pittsburgh. Even after yesterday...they're much better than they showed against Philly.

2. Jets. If good Fitz shows up.

3. Chiefs. Solid team.

Really, that's about it.
Yeah, DEN is damn good, but also exclusively Top heavy (not much depth)

Denver's biggest weakness is run D. They are ranked near the bottom.

I listed stuff where the Pats have been better over 3 games and simply was told denver has had the tougher 3 games, 3 games that included the dolts at home and the bungles.

Pats better in Points Allowed, Run Defense (ypg and ypc), 3rd Down Defense and only give up 50 more yards a game which was do in large part to the defense falling asleep in the 2nd half against the lolphins when they were up 31-3 and

we'll know a lot more when we play cincinatti. if we blow them out, it says something about our chances against denver.

we'll know a lot more when we play cincinatti. if we blow them out, it says something about our chances against denver.

Not really. Every game is a different story.
We know now that we have a good, deep team in all 3 phases + with a lot of insurance.
We know that Denver deserves as much respect as last year but is living dangerously (depth, qb)

At the moment Id bet on Pats being in better shape in Dec.
Brady, Gronk, High, Nink, Lewis, Rowe, Hughes, Cooper - lot of fresh blood coming in ..

Some point before civilization collapses

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back