PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When will the Broncos luck run out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not sound like other team's fan bases.......

We are winning with unproven QBs and yet we don't consider ourselves lucky. We attribute it to the total team effort and to great game planning.

The Broncos are defending Super Bowl champs on the strength of the best defense in the league. They WON the super bowl with arguably the worst quarterback play in the league. That guy is gone and yet we are considering them 'lucky' that they are winning with an unproven QB? I think we can all agree that pretty much any QB they brought it (Sanchez might be the one exception) would be better than what Manning gave the team last year. Their winning is no fluke. It's not luck. They deserve to be considered a formidable and worthy opponent.

Tougher because of last season's records? That was last season, not this season.

Denver is playing well. That's not something that is unusual.

No, not just based on last season, but based on rosters and talent level. The Pats will have its tough stretch so it's not like this is an issue, but it does make the total defense and offensive efficiency stats a little less relevant at this point.

Doesn't really matter, by the time we played them, injuries will pile up and either team might not have the same competitive squad from earlier in the season.

...and both sides will again be able to claim .....'We would have beaten you if we were healthy.'

Hilarious how some people are offended that Pats fans on a Pats fans forum think the Pats are better

Nah, that's not what happened. I don't have a problem with that, heck I agree with it. At their best, the Pats are probably better. They have the better QB and they have better coaching, an excellent running game, improved oline, consistent receivers and some big targets. A good, and opportunistic defense that will win the turnover better on most nights. That's not what some posters say, however. That other poster basically said that they are three scorers better than the Broncos, which is obviously ridiculous, and blatant homerism. And yes, it could happen in one game, the Pats can blow out anybody, but that doesn't mean they are consistently three scores better than the defending champs. That's ridiculous homerism, don't you agree?

It's early to look at these stats, not just because it's only three games, but also because the Broncos' schedule was much tougher so far.

I wish we had you guys on our schedule like Denver did. Our stats would look even better than they currently do.

But you guys never give credit to any team, ever. It's always either luck, or the refs, or injuries.

Yet you support the most paranoid, whiny, excuse-making, rule-changing, blame-it-on-everyone-but-us franchise in the history of all of professional sports! Every Colts loss is blamed on the refs, not just by their fans but by their OWNER, GM. and COACHES. It's a culture that started with Bill Polian, who did his weekly shows and always harped on the "bad breaks" his team got, that they either lost because of them or won despite them.

If you hang around NE message boards enough (and ignore a few idiots) you will notice an unusual reflection of the philosophies of the team we support. An attitude that demands hard work, focus, doing your job, and most of all not blaming outside factors you cannot control for your fate.

They will probably lose 2 division games and then hopefully we can beat them in december.

Nah, that's not what happened. I don't have a problem with that, heck I agree with it. At their best, the Pats are probably better. They have the better QB and they have better coaching, an excellent running game, improved oline, consistent receivers and some big targets. A good, and opportunistic defense that will win the turnover better on most nights. That's not what some posters say, however. That other poster basically said that they are three scorers better than the Broncos, which is obviously ridiculous, and blatant homerism. And yes, it could happen in one game, the Pats can blow out anybody, but that doesn't mean they are consistently three scores better than the defending champs. That's ridiculous homerism, don't you agree?

Football is about match ups, kiddo. When I say we win by 3 scores if healthy, I do so based on how our offense matches up with their defense, how our defense matches up with their offense, and based on each team's STs and coaching. How much "better" you are than someone is irrelevant. Try to stick to discussing what's actually being said, instead of making **** up.

On offense, our OL has shown vast improvement in both run and pass blocking, we've added another exceptional TE alongside Gronk, and we're getting Lewis back at some point before Dec 18. Denver's weakness on defense is the run game and stopping TEs. We have the personnel to take advantage of both of those weaknesses. Imagine having to defend 2 TE sets with both Gronk and Bennett on the field and with Blount or Lewis in the backfield. What does the defense try to defend when you've got two exceptional blockers in Gronk/Bennett who can also go off in the passing game, as well as two good RBs, one of which is a fantastic receiver out of the backfield. Add on top of that two shifty receivers in Edelman and Amendola who can get open against any defense when healthy.

On defense, we should have no problem putting pressure on Siemian. Our DL has looked good so far, and it's about to get even better when Ninkovich returns. Outside of DT and Sanders, they don't have any real threats. Logan Ryan has shut down DT well in the past, and Sanders should get his yards, but I expect Butler to limit him inside the 20. They weren't able to run on us effectively with Hightower in the lineup last year, and I expect that to be the case as well.

Our STs have been on point, and nothing needs to be said about the level of coaching we've had this year.

This is a perfect matchup for us. If healthy, we win by 3 scores regardless of where the game is being played.

Enjoy missing the playoffs again, or at best getting humiliated by us in the early rounds.

It's early to look at these stats, not just because it's only three games, but also because the Broncos' schedule was much tougher so far.

Much tougher? Give me a f**king break

They've played the colts and bengals. colts suck and have been the Pats punching bag and the bengals are not a good team.

colts lost to the f**cking lions at home, the lions.

They have a cake schedule. 13-3 or 14-2 barring injuries. The AFC might go thru Denver yet again. Unless the Pats can win in Denver in December. I am surprised the Bengals didn't put up more of a fight.

the Bengals were lucky to beat the Jets
the colts were lucky to beat the chargers
the panthers have issues

I'm not buying the Bronco myth.......you can run on them, and you don't need to do anything special to stop their offense...play 'em straight up

Yeah, what will they ever do without backups like Freeney and Cannon :rolleyes:

They could use Cannon "The Watt Killer" when they play Houston later this year.

Yeah, what will they ever do without backups like Freeney and Cannon :rolleyes:

You know one of the broncos backup LB is Dekoda Watson, right?

2012 - present:

1. Denver Broncos, 53-14, .791 (5 playoff wins, 2 conference championships, 1 championship)
2. New England Patriots, 51-16, .761 (7 playoff wins, 1 conference championship, 1 championship)
3. Seattle Seahawks, 48-19, .716 (7 playoff wins, 2 conference championships, 1 championship)
4. Cincinnati Bengals, 44-22-1, .667 (0 playoff wins)
5. Green Bay Packers, 43-23-1, .651 (3 playoff wins)

Not trying to use 2012 as a starting point to make my case, but that's the year post-Tebow for Denver, so that's really when they started to get good. I don't see any argument at all where they haven't been a top-3 team in the NFL since that point. They have been winning a lot of close games over the last couple of years, but part of that has to do with having an elite defense and going with a field position gameplan. Kubiak has never been a guy who airs it out and prefers ball control. For the record, I think the Broncos will struggle this year because their offense will not be consistent, but let's give them a lot of credit and definitely not discount them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down