PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When Bledsoe gets cut...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd have to know the guy to answer the question for sure, but based on what i can see of him, I think the hurt of losing out to TB and then seeing him win the big game is probably still there. in the back of his mind, rightly or wrongly, he may still think he could have come back and won in New Orleans (recall how well he played against the Steelers). So, I think he'd look around and see if he could get one last shot at starting on a team that could get him a ring (unlikely). otherwise, he's put up enough numbers to be part of a Canton discussion (tho, like Testaverde, I don't think he'll ever make it) and I think he'd retire.

I think the hurt of losing out to TB and then seeing him win the big game is probably still there. in the back of his mind, rightly or wrongly, he may still think he could have come back and won in New Orleans (recall how well he played against the Steelers).

Only he didn't. There is a great quote in Patriots Reign I don't have time to look up right now about BB's post game assesment of his performance in that game. It dealt with the number of mental mistakes, bad decisions and poor throws he made in just that game. While Drew (and some of his unflinching supporters) apparently believed he'd performed well enough to earn his job back or at least fill in for a potentially gimpy Brady. BB knew better - Brady was starting if he had to have a prosthesis fitted because the ankle had to be amputated.

Judging by the signing of Vinny Testaverde, if Drew is let go he may actually end up being a QB here again if he is willing to accept a non starter role. That's a big if of course.

he will be a bruised oakland raider at this point next year and I think he'll have a good year typical of the first year he had with buffalo and dallas.

We'd have to know the guy to answer the question for sure, but based on what i can see of him, I think the hurt of losing out to TB and then seeing him win the big game is probably still there. in the back of his mind, rightly or wrongly, he may still think he could have come back and won in New Orleans (recall how well he played against the Steelers). So, I think he'd look around and see if he could get one last shot at starting on a team that could get him a ring (unlikely). otherwise, he's put up enough numbers to be part of a Canton discussion (tho, like Testaverde, I don't think he'll ever make it) and I think he'd retire.

He did one thing well. He finished off the TD drive already in Pitt territory.

The 2nd half he did nothing. Nothing except throw a pass right into the chest of a Pitt LB. Fortunately, in surprise he dropped it. Then he also under pressure flipped a backwards no-look pass over his head, fortunately not intercepted, not that Bledsoe could tell by not looking. He never led a scoring drive.

Last edited:
There's going to be a QB controversy in Oakland next year... Bledsoe vs. Culpepper

i would like Drew will retire as a Patriot

i still have good memories and respect for him and still 2 shirts with # 11...

when he arrived we were a muribund franchise and he created hopes

with him at the helm i arrived at a conclusion, anyway,: NE will probably never won a Super Bowl

still i consider him one of the top 3 QB the Pats had

my personal opinion

If Matt Millen is still in Detroit, Drew will likely be a Lion.

I don't want him to come here as a backup and with his BB relationship he wouldn't wouldn't be a backup.

However, if he is really ready to retire from football, then I would like to see him sign a 1 day contract and retire as a Patriot.

When I started this thread I never said anything about him coming back to play here. I only wanted him to come and retire as a Patriot. He had his best years here and I think this is the uniform he should be wearing when he leaves the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News