PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's up with Branch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is arguing that Branch is Moss or Owens or anything. But he's a solid #1. Not Hall of Famer, but solid #1. And he deserves solid #1 money.

IMHO he'll want, and deserve, and should get, something slightly better than Givens contract witht he Titans. The Pats wouldn't pay that for Givens, but hopefully they will for Branch.

He is not even top 10...

Amnorix said:
Nobody is arguing that Branch is Moss or Owens or anything. But he's a solid #1. Not Hall of Famer, but solid #1. And he deserves solid #1 money.

IMHO he'll want, and deserve, and should get, something slightly better than Givens contract witht he Titans. The Pats wouldn't pay that for Givens, but hopefully they will for Branch.

I would trade him tomorrow for the Bengals' T.J. Houshmandzadeh. They had the exact same stats and T.J. is a #2 rec. I think if David Givens goes bust and Chad Jackson does well for us then DB should not get a big contract.

Last edited:
rabthepat said:
I would trade him tomorrow for the Bengals' T.J. Houshmandzadeh. They had the exact same stats and T.J. is a #2 rec. I think if David Givens goes bust and Chad Jackson does well for us then DB should not get a big contract.

There are times when stats just don't help make a point! You're comparing Branch and TJ, when on the other side of the field are Givens and Chad Johnson respectively?:rolleyes:

PatsChick87 said:
There are times when stats just don't help make a point! You're comparing Branch and TJ, when on the other side of the field are Givens and Chad Johnson respectively?:rolleyes:

Some people on the internet are so.. well.. "fans". I can't think of anything else to say about it. Hoosh over Branch? Wow. I'm with you Patschick, there's more to every story. Some people are... blind?

"Blind" to your opinion...

Brownfan80 said:
Some people on the internet are so.. well.. "fans". I can't think of anything else to say about it. Hoosh over Branch? Wow. I'm with you Patschick, there's more to every story. Some people are... blind?

DB played in 18 games last year including the playoffs with a GRAND TOTAL of 5 TDs. In no game did he have 2 TDs. 0 playoff TDs. Vrabel has more SB TDs than DB. To me the guy just doesn't get in the endzone enough to pay big bucks.

"Look who is on the other side", "He was double teamed", "He had a headache" all lame excuses.

If he doesn't have a pro bowl season next year and then asks for top money he'll be in Tennessee with Givens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye