PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whatever Happened to?....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBam39

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The Pats charges of tampering against the Jets ??

Just not gonna be dealt with by the league until they feel like it?

I thought something like that needed to be heard and answered within a reasonable timeframe, no?

I doubt the pats will win it, but I think it's wrong to be just swept under the rug and dismissed at a much later time.

where's the due process?

I too am interested in this.

On the face of it, the Pats' complaint is absurd. They gave Branch permission to seek a trade and negotiate a contract and then (apparently) they objected to the Jets discussing with Branch what the Jets would have to give up to the Patriots in order to secure Branch's services.

But by denying Branch the opportunity to discuss that with other teams the Patriots look as though they are not negotiating in good faith -- how on earth could any possible partner team discuss terms for Branch without knowing the compensation due?

So either our organization are being very foolish, or there is something we don't know.

What about some reporter asking Stacey James what the status of the complaint is? Or what its basis is? Come on, we know that a few of you read this board -- how about it?

Last edited:
I remember reading somewhere it wouldn't be heard until after the season.

I really think that the tampering thing is part of the "hard feelings" between BB and Mangini.

PATSNUTme said:
I really think that the tampering thing is part of the "hard feelings" between BB and Mangini.

You may be right about the "hard feelings", but I just have a feeling that it's all an act between the two to help Mangini to get out from under BB's shadow.
ie: instead of being "my boy" or a "BB disciple", Mangini is now removed from the BB spotlight because of the perceived dislike between the two.

ChockBlkr said:
You may be right about the "hard feelings", but I just have a feeling that it's all an act between the two to help Mangini to get out from under BB's shadow.
ie: instead of being "my boy" or a "BB disciple", Mangini is now removed from the BB spotlight because of the perceived dislike between the two.
Great minds think alike - which may not explain the two of us having similar thoughts, but you have to like the theory! :D Rookie coach in media murderer' row, now everyone is glaring at "his" mentor for being a jerk and feeling sympathy for the rook - classic Belichick mind games in my book.

ChockBlkr said:

I don't buy that for a minute. Kraft would never go along with filing false grievances and Belichick would never waste his time doing that. He wants to beat Mangini, not help him thru some incredibly silly 'act'.

The Jets clearly wanted to make an offer for Branch to stir up problems for the Pats. Clearly the Jets did not expect that they would get Branch for a second round pick. The rumours were a 1st and a 3rd at the time. The Pats happen to believe that some of this trouble was brewing early and that is what their charge is based on.

Do you guys think that Kraft would allow an imaginary grievance to be filed?

Do you guys think that Belichick would want to stake his reputation as a straight shooter on filing fake claims to the league, that he would want to 'help' the Jets in any way?

The Jets caused all the discontent and false charges that Chayut and Branch filed against the Pats, because they came in with a B.S. offer of lots of money to Branch and very minimal compensation to the Pats. Did Belichick want these fake grievances filed against him at the end of pre-season? Did he want to spend his time preparing for legal cases against the Player's Union? And then turn around and file a grievance to be nice to the Jets?

This conspiracy theory is a non-starter.

as I recall, the pats claim was considered legit, because their claim was,
they gave branch permission to negotiate a contract, but any trade negotiation was supposed to be between the pats front office and the interested team - not with branch.

or something like that.

I just think it's wrong to put it off for 6 months - why?
decide on it now.
it's like chris henry having his court casr put off until after the season so he wouldn't be suspended anymore this year - how can you justify putting off someone's court case like that, just because it works for him? It's total manipulation of the system by those with power to suit their purposes, and it's a clear case of rules being different depending on what's at stake.

chris henry doesn't play for the bengals, he's in jail right now.

pats greivence filed in some other venue other than the nfk during it's season, and it's heard and settled in a timely manner.

it's all so bogus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST