PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What will be our record in 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-15 will be our record

Matt Walsh's testimony is incriminating to the Pats as it reveals by pictures and eyewitness accounts of tiny but powerful overhead cameras being placed over the heads of opposing teams defensive coaches in every game since week 1 of the 2000 season,the camera was so small no one on the other team noticed them.

Goodell gets beyond pissed and suspends Belichick for the season and forces Kraft to call up Rod Rust to coach the 2008 team.

Goodell follows up with giving Mo Lewis a call and paying him to break the ankles of Brady as soon as Brady is seen getting out of his car on his way up to see Gisele in her New York city apartment that week.

Goodell then calls Kraft once again and makes Kraft grab Scott Zolak from his radio show and hire him back to replace Brady at QB.

The Patriots then go on to lose 15 consecutive games and are labeled the team known as in Pursuit of Destruction but win in game 16 because the Bills sit all starters and 2nd and 3rd stringers and only play the practice squad guys and cheerleaders since they have a playoff game and position wrapped up.

Thats how I see the seasons record going - 1-15 BABY!! :eek::eek::eek:

:rofl: good one. atleast you didnt mention calling up micheal bishop, or chris canty

I think as a fan of a team, you have to belive that they are going to win every game, wether you're a pats fan, a colts fan, or a jets for fins fan, I dont know any real fan of a team that sits down to watch their team and say "i think we're gonna lose this week"

19-0, and predicting anything else is a waste of time.

I've heard this logic before (It was from a packers fan), but I disagree. I think you always want your team to win. You hope they win. You think they have a chance of winning no matter how bad they are, but you can, at least, be a realist about it. It's one thing to love your team, and quite another to be delusional.

I'm a Giants fan (san fransisco giants...take...gun...out...of hand) and I regularly think "I think we are gonna loose, but man I hope we find a way to pull it out". Guess that makes me not a "real fan"

But you can, at least, be a realist about it. It's one thing to love your team, and quite another to be delusional.

Wait, so him saying he thinks we're going to improve our record by exactly one game next season is delusional?

The chances of a team coming off an 18 win season hosting the easiest schedule in the NFL to improve by one game the next season are a lot better than the chances we lose say, 4 times as many games.

Last edited:
16-0.:D Maybe we should wait for at least pre-season.

OK, based on nothing, 14-2 because at Miami and Denver are on the schedule.

19-0.

Taking care of unfinished business.

The Patriots are to the Chargers like Denver is to us. QUOTE]

I have a strong feeling that the Chargers will finally beat us and the Pats will finally beat Denver. The Chargers are just like the Colts used to be - and we all saw how that turned out.

13-3/12-4

at San Diego, Indy and Im going with at Buffalo, who is due to beat us... Im tossed up on either Jets game.. . But 13-3 is the right record..

I believe that we will go: 13-3
losing to the Broncos, Colts and Chargers, close games. We will then win the Super Bowl against Dallas. :D

17-2 - Winning the Super Bowl.

I think they are going to play more pissed off than they did last year, and looking at the schedule, I'm not sure who they will loose too (of course I thought they would destroy Baltimore last year). Although I know they will loose a few, I would really like to see 19-0 - and with this schedule and with this team.....it's a possibility.

19-0.

BB desiring not repeat last year and seeing the pressure mounting from their 15-0 record pulls Brady, Moss and Welker from the final game in Buffalo.

To everyone's shock and amazement Sam Aiken has 251 yards of reception (one more yard than his entire 4 year Bills career) and Kevin O'Connell becomes the first rookie to have perfect game.

-------
Actually I predict 13-3.

19-0.

BB desiring not repeat last year and seeing the pressure mounting from their 15-0 record pulls Brady, Moss and Welker from the final game in Buffalo.

To everyone's shock and amazement Sam Aiken has 251 yards of reception (one more yard than his entire 4 year Bills career) and Kevin O'Connell becomes the first rookie to have perfect game.

-------
Actually I predict 13-3.

I dont see any indication that BB is going to pull his starters. Nothing in the recent past has shown that this is going to happen. Anyway, I dont think the bills can win even if thats the case. It'll probably get moved to 8pm, (because we'd be one game away from 16-0 again) and the bill will probably play hard untill the 4th, then do the classic buffalo melt down and lose.

13-3 with losses to the Chargers (really close game), Seahawks, and Bills in the last game of the season because we might be resting our starters ala 2005 v.s. Miami.

16-0.:D Maybe we should wait for at least pre-season.

OK, based on nothing, 14-2 because at Miami and Denver are on the schedule.

Just to be clear, it's "v. Denver", not "at Denver." Luckily, there's no trip to Donkeyland scheduled for 2008. :)

Wait, so him saying he thinks we're going to improve our record by exactly one game next season is delusional?

The chances of a team coming off an 18 win season hosting the easiest schedule in the NFL to improve by one game the next season are a lot better than the chances we lose say, 4 times as many games.

You, obviously, missed the whole point of the friggin post. And the sentence you quoted me on you took it totally out of context.

Last edited:
19-0 for a few good reasons

1-Our lawyers filed for a 19-0 patent.
2-Before going to retire, BB and TB love to have 19-0 record as their accomplishment together.
3-We finished a unfinished business.
4-It's shameful and wasteful if a talented team such as Pats can't do it.
5-The objective is to be INARGUEABLY THE GREATEST NFL team.
6-A SB ring is in order.
7-You aren't trying if you don't win 19 games.

Last edited:
19-0...i thought last year was the GFY NFL tour because of spygate, but it will be this season. The Pats will kill every team in their path and show no mercy in the playoffs. they will cap off the tour by winning the Super Bowl. Older players will then retire and we will be the greatest football franchise of all time and not a single person will be able to dispute it.

I'll say 12-4 , superbowl hangover...... then superbowl victory.

LOL that some of you guys think the Pats will lose to the Broncos. They may have been an achilles heel in the past, but they are not the same team.

Chargers are 4-0 against the Broncos, with a combined score of 64-6 over the LAST TWO GAMES.

Pats will destroy Denver, IMO. You will probably go 14-2 or 13-3, giving up a few close games (I won't speculate as to who).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News