PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What will be our record in 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you think that pats will loose 2 or 3 games in this season because we only have 1 bye week or play stronger opponents compared to the last season.?

Last edited:
do you think that pats will loose 2 or 3 games in this season because we only have 1 bye week or play stronger opponents compared to the last season.?

Obviously, the Pats are the "team to beat" in 2008. The Giants played a very strong game against the Pats in the regular season, and then won the SB. I'm not going to call this a blueprint, however, it's obvious to me that the only way to beat the Pats is to pressure Brady - you cannot let him sit comfortably in the pocket, or he will simply pick teams apart.

With that being said, opposing teams will be using a similar strategy and shoring up their defenses to be able to better respond to the Pats offense.

That, and simple statistics (the last team to go undefeated before the Pats was with '72 Dolphins - almost 40 years ago). So, the odds that the Pats would go undefeated again are slim, IMO. However, if any team was going to to undefeated in 2008, it would be the Pats.

Those west coast trips are brutal and 2 of the losses will probably come from those games,I think NE wins 12 games this year - 13 wins if they have no rash of injuries.

Even though San Francisco on paper looks like a gimme,I am almost certain that New England has never beaten the 49ers in SF and of course SD looks like a toughie as well as Seattle - I think NE will split 2 of the games out there,Definately Oakland seems to be the most likely win of all 4 west coast games.

I say NE loses at Buffalo and San Diego and Seattle and at home in a huge upset by the Arizona Cardinals - Yes thats my upset loss for NE this season (Fitz and Bolden will be tough to handle with the new secondary,probably the best WR tandem this team will face in 2008)- 12-4 by the end of the regular season.

Last edited:
19-0 beating the Cowgirls in the SB.

As Long As We Win The Super Bowl....It Doesn't Matter Just Enough To Make The Playoffs

19-0? Please let's not start this crap again. I think we'll go 14-2, or 13-3. I also hope the team goes back to their blue collard ways. Karma kicked us in our ass last season. And a SBXLIII would be nice.

Last edited:
only one answer to that 19-0:rocker:

Realistically 14-2 and a Superbowl win. Now that we already done 16-0, I want the Superbowl win a lot more than a perfect season. Go Pats!

only one answer to that 19-0:rocker:

it's the only acceptable response to any doubt or fear that other fans may have. The history will repeat itself and you are going to see 19-0 when it does.:rocker:

the magic word here is believe.

Last edited:
What Patriots fan would not say 19-0!?

I think they will meet the Cowboys in the Super Bowl and walk away with a win of course!

The Colts pump up the crowd noise once again & beat us in another classic shootout. Then we lose the following week to a young Bills team as we're still suffering from the hangover of the previous week's ear drum thrashing.

14-2

Right now? - I'd would say the intelligent response would be 12-4 but ask me after the first 3 games and it could change one way or the other.

All I care is that we play a GOOD team in the SB this year and do so well even Kevin gets to throw a few balls in the game! :D

All I care is that we play a GOOD team in the SB this year and do so well even Kevin gets to throw a few balls in the game! :D

I think we could be up 52 to nothing in the 4th and you wouldnt be able to pry brady out of that game.

No guts no glory

19-0 :D

15-1 Why not?

16-4. We finish the year 12-4 but fail to get a 1st rd bye. After blasting away our 1st opponent at home against the "Brett's" we win on the road in San Diego.

NE defeats Jacksonville in the AFCC.

The Bears return to form and make the trip. Too bad they run into the team of the decade.

12-4
maybe 13-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye