PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What will be Brady's stats this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Brady'll be the best player of the NFL again.

our passing game started to deteriorate towards the end of the season because our receivers are not cold weather receivers. it's no secret that moss had his best game in the super bowl where the weather was 90 degrees and he was getting wide open(but brady couldn't get the ball to him). stallworth too had his best games in the warm weather. since we don't have deion branch, david givens, bethel johnson, etc., who are obviously not big time receivers but play well in the cold weather, it is more important than ever to have a superior ground attack. we became too predictible in the end by being pass happy. our offense became too much like the colts.

on defense, we just have to be more physical.

Actually, our offensive line killed us in the Super Bowl. But I do share your point of being too predictable.

What on earth does that mean, and how can you substaniate it? :confused:

it's much more difficult to catch the ball in cold weather - the ball is like a rock even with gloves. when the temps go into the 20s and 30s during January, our receivers need to be able to hold onto the football better. randy IMO did not play partucularly well against the jags and chargers because of cold weather. Once we got to arizona, he picked it up and caught would have been the winning td. you see, randy played in minnesota (a dome) for most of his career and then out west to oakland. stallworth played in NO most of his career where it is warm. branch, givens and brown were great cold weather receivers. this is why it's important to just pound the football - we're an east coast team.

Last edited:
I see that you have nothing much to do but piss people here off.

That's not gonna work out well. I promise. :)

i'm on your side, remember? why would i want to tick everyone here off? everyone here would trade the 18-1 season for a 13-3 season with a super bowl, right? if defenses keep attacking our QB like the ravens, eagles and giants, you run the ball. Part of me thinks Belichick got too caught up in this breaking peyton manning's TD record thing - we became too pass happy when we should have been running the ball.

I think we're going to see another great year from him. 4,000+ yards passing and 40+ TDs. He might not get 50, but this wide receiver corps is still pretty talented. The only guy we lost was Stallworth, and CJ or Gaffney will likely be able to step up and fill that production gap. In addition this gives Moss and company another year to get used to the offensive system and each other. Even if we don't break any more records, I'm still pretty confident that tt's going to be another impressive year offensively.

3,600 42 TD's 12 INT's (side note: he should be taken in rd 1 in every fantasy league)

I don't see Brady throwing 40+. High 30's will be likely.

i'm on your side, remember? why would i want to tick everyone here off? everyone here would trade the 18-1 season for a 13-3 season with a super bowl, right? if defenses keep attacking our QB like the ravens, eagles and giants, you run the ball. Part of me thinks Belichick got too caught up in this breaking peyton manning's TD record thing - we became too pass happy when we should have been running the ball.

I'm not going to argue, but it seemed like your 18-1 remark was a adversarial comment. Lets leave it at that. :)

I'm glad we are on the same side. It's a good side to be on.

I agree with you, but I think it was EVERYONE that was caought up in the records last year. Watch that Giants game and watch Teddy and Jr. when 12 & 81 broke the record. Watch the offensive line with Tommy and the receivers with Randy - The whole team wanted it - the individual records and team records, not just Bill.

So, that being said - Pass happy worked out very well - the protection broke down and that's got nothing to do with a balanced offense. That's about 4 - 5 guys not doing their job and not protecting one of the best that's ever played the game.

I think the o-line on our team has a lot of pressure, I mean that's not Derek Anderson back there, it's Tom Brady - I mean, those guys have to perform at a MVP worthy level each game, that's the downside of playing with someone like Tom - There is virtually no room for error. If Tom goes out, we can all kiss the season goodbye.

I think I just started rambling there, I'm not really sure that the hell I was even talking about. Anyway, There it is.

I'm not going to argue, but it seemed like your 18-1 remark was a adversarial comment. Lets leave it at that. :)

I'm glad we are on the same side. It's a good side to be on.

I agree with you, but I think it was EVERYONE that was caought up in the records last year. Watch that Giants game and watch Teddy and Jr. when 12 & 81 broke the record. Watch the offensive line with Tommy and the receivers with Randy - The whole team wanted it - the individual records and team records, not just Bill.

So, that being said - Pass happy worked out very well - the protection broke down and that's got nothing to do with a balanced offense. That's about 4 - 5 guys not doing their job and not protecting one of the best that's ever played the game.

I think the o-line on our team has a lot of pressure, I mean that's not Derek Anderson back there, it's Tom Brady - I mean, those guys have to perform at a MVP worthy level each game, that's the downside of playing with someone like Tom - There is virtually no room for error. If Tom goes out, we can all kiss the season goodbye.

I think I just started rambling there, I'm not really sure that the hell I was even talking about. Anyway, There it is.

i was only pointing out that we did not win the super bowl - that our offense last year clearly was not the answer down the stretch. we go pass happy, the weather deteriorates, our numbers will drop - which they did. we could not muster a ton of points in the playoffs. with brady having a bum ankle and all, we could have relied on a superior running game to take the pressure off him. but we don't have corey dillon anymore and our oline is not built for run blocking.

i dont know if u guys realize this but i think u will balance the passing game with the running game this time...

which means that Laurence Moroney will have more chances at running. He was injured last year so thats why u guys relied on the passing game.

u also better run more because i drafted Laurence Moroney and Faulk this year on my fantasy draft.

I agree, which is why I shaved off 500 yards and 16 TDs from last year.

I know it's bad mojo and lack of realism to say, but couldn't balancing things more actually push those stats even more? We're good at using the ball through the air in the red zone. I'd agree with lower passing yards but maybe 38-44 TD's. (which factors in a few assumptions about running the score on easy teams no significant injuries).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes