PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Officiating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

warpaint

Rookie
Reaction score
Wow simply put... Some of the worst officiating ive ever seen for a playoff game!.. Im not a pats fan but i'll tell you right now that that was one of the worst officiating games ive ever seen! This game was way to big to be officiated the way it was!. I would say that 14 of the 27 pts the donkeys had scored were given to them by biased officiating! Still, with everything that happened during this game the pats were in it till the end.. I take my hat off to them. That team has heart! You cant win it every year.. Good luck next year!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Chief, but what lost the game for us was coughing the ball up 5 times. The 100 yard INT was the back breaker.

EZ76

BigEZPatsFan76 said:
Thanks Chief, but what lost the game for us was coughing the ball up 5 times. The 100 yard INT was the back breaker.

EZ76

Even then, the result of that should have been NE ball on the 20 yard line... due to the fumbling of the ball out of the endzone... instead of 7 points.

Thanks

warpaint said:
Wow simply put... Some of the worst officiating ive ever seen for a playoff game!.. Im not a pats fan but i'll tell you right now that that was one of the worst officiating games ive ever seen! This game was way to big to be officiated the way it was!. I would say that 14 of the 27 pts the donkeys had scored were given to them by biased officiating! Still, with everything that happened during this game the pats were in it till the end.. I take my hat off to them. That team has heart! You cant win it every year.. Good luck next year!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, I wouldn't say it cost us the game---but it def had a big impact. I wish we could have held on to the ball cause we handed the game to denver!

BigEZPatsFan76 said:

EZ76
I agree, turning the ball over 5 times didnt help.. But the officiating was still horrible. The 100 yard interception should have been a touchback at the end of the run because, if you look the ball was in Baileys right hand, when he was hit his foot hit the pilon and the ball was coming out forward. There is no way the ball didn't cross the endzone and out. But hey whats done is done... But i stand by my statement that this game was filled with what seemed like biased officiating... Well im out... Good game and better luck next year....

... gotta count on a lame Chief fan to root for another team to get their fix of playoff football. How sad.

The Baily return was replayed over and over.. and unless you own some private satellite system that showed that play from another angle, you are talking out yer azz if you *know* that the ball passed through the endzone. It flipping shot almost sideways.

Yea.. it was NOT the FIVE turnovers that cost them the game, clearly is was biased reffing. The same biased reffing that gave the Pats their first SB trip. Quite convenient how that was "fair," yet this was not.

Grow up for cripes sake. Well played game.. the Bronco D and homefield was a bit much to overcome. Keep coming up with conspiracy theories though, it's funny.

Bronco's D?!!! The one that just had 460 yards put on them?

fleabit said:
... gotta count on a lame Chief fan to root for another team to get their fix of playoff football. How sad.

The Baily return was replayed over and over.. and unless you own some private satellite system that showed that play from another angle, you are talking out yer azz if you *know* that the ball passed through the endzone. It flipping shot almost sideways.

Yea.. it was NOT the FIVE turnovers that cost them the game, clearly is was biased reffing. The same biased reffing that gave the Pats their first SB trip. Quite convenient how that was "fair," yet this was not.

Grow up for cripes sake. Well played game.. the Bronco D and homefield was a bit much to overcome. Keep coming up with conspiracy theories though, it's funny.

fleabit, you show a lot of class knocking the Pats while the Pats fans on this thread are not biting on the ref excuse. Even worse, you don't even know the rules of football.

1. The tuck rule is an actual rule.

2. It doesn't matter if the ball went out inside or outside the pylon. It landed beyond the goalline. The goalline extends outward infinitely. There is no out of bounds when a ball flies into the end zone. I've seen this called a hundred times. It's always a touchback because there is no out of bounds when the runner has the ball in the field of play. The lines in the end zone are only there for receivers.

How many points did the Pats get? Stats as many pros have said, are for chumps. There are two really important stats: Points scored, and the # of W's you have. Who cares if you get 1000 yards but lose? The year the Broncos won against GB, teams had great pass stats against us. Yet we were a juggernaut. Why? Because teams were constantly trying to catch up, and the running game wasn't going to cut it.

upstater1 said:
fleabit, you show a lot of class knocking the Pats while the Pats fans on this thread are not biting on the ref excuse. Even worse, you don't even know the rules of football.

1. The tuck rule is an actual rule.

2. It doesn't matter if the ball went out inside or outside the pylon. It landed beyond the goalline. The goalline extends outward infinitely. There is no out of bounds when a ball flies into the end zone. I've seen this called a hundred times. It's always a touchback because there is no out of bounds when the runner has the ball in the field of play. The lines in the end zone are only there for receivers.

I'm classy in the threads where decent, if even disgruntled, Pats fans are reasonable and friendly. I've already said it several times: The Pats are a great team, have proved it, have no quit, and played an awesome game. Turnovers killed 'em, plain and simple.

As far as the ball and the goaline: It actually has to PASS OVER the goaline. He got walloped at the 2 or so, and the ball looked to go pretty much sidways. There was certainly no camera angle that showed it actually went over the goaline. Unless you are completely dense, you must know that if the ball goes out in the field of play, it belongs to the team that possessed it last, at that spot where it went out.

Don't get snippy.. had it been a TD instead of an INT, you wouldn't need to worry about it at all eh? Fair call imo, I saw nothing in the replays (and neither did the refs) that indicated otherwise.

The tuck rule was a gift, only the completely blind could think otherwise. Or the complete homer Of course, had it been the Broncos, yea.. I'd be a complete homer about it as well, so I don't fault you there. :D

I'm sorry.. what weird satellite system do you Pats fans have? Must be one I don't have. After the call which was out of bounds, down at the one, I saw NO camera angle which even kind of closely showed definitive proof that the ball went out of bounds *over* the goal line. It looked to shoot almost sideways. Remember, if the refs make a call, it's definitive unless conclusive proof via replays is available. I saw nothing conclusive. Why don't you try just blaming the real problem here.. your O for giving up the ball in the first place, eh?

No.. it's the refs!

So sick of the lack of respect.. you guys have a lot of gall, talking about your "lack of respect." What a farce. We are 13-3.. home after a bye.. and probably 90% of the "experts" pick NE to win. So instead of "gee the Broncos played wicked D and won.." we have to hear about how horrible the officiating was. The 5 turnovers had NOTHING TO DO with the Pats loss. Whatever.. I'm out of here, clearly a lot of classless people in this fanbase, but kudos and thanks to those few Patriots fans who recognized we played well. You have a great team, they will be wicked next year I'm thinking.

One of the WORST officiating games I have EVER seen. Jeff Triplette should be sh!t canned after this p!ss poor game. He is a phuqin joke.

Kevin Faulk coughed it up. Ellis Hobbs coughed it up. Tom Brady screwed up twice for interceptions. Troy Brown coughed it up.

We beat ourselves. Simple as that. The inept officiating didn't exactly help things either. Way too many bad calls to mention.

the officating was bad. but you cant turn the ball over 5 times and expect to win a playoff game. the late and awful pass interference call, the no call on the offsides with the late denver FG. close call with the int runback. the samual pick that had to be challenged. seems like every time they were about to take over there was a penalty or a turnover or a missed play

Last edited:
We've had our share of favorable calls over the past few years, so i say it's a wash. How about saying we got outcoached and lost to a better team tonight, plain and simple. Denver played aggressively at the end and deserved the win. There is no need to make excuses or blame the ref. I'm still damn proud of this team.

the non-PI call against Andre Davis at the end was ridiculous, too. Thing is, 5 turnovers is 5 turnovers. You can't do that and expect to win.

At least you can use the excuse that PI is a judgement call.

How on earth do the refs miss the false start on the Denver FG? It was clear as day and there is no argument that it was worth 3 points. If they call that penalty the Broncos definitely punt.

First game against Denver doesn't count because the Pats were too injured.
This game doesn't count because the evil refs conspired to steal it from the Pats.

The Pats have never lost a game... Anytime they have not been credited with a win it shouldn't have counted. They are undefeated and would have won every SuperBowl if only...........

Pats don't get any respect......

Mecklomaniac said:
First game against Denver doesn't count because the Pats were too injured.
This game doesn't count because the evil refs conspired to steal it from the Pats.

The Pats have never lost a game... Anytime they have not been credited with a win it shouldn't have counted. They are undefeated and would have won every SuperBowl if only...........

Pats don't get any respect......

Congratulations ! Your team won. Now please do us all a favor ... STFU and crawl back to your hole. Come back after your team wins in Indy. One home win in the playoff and these damn trolls are acting like they just won the Superbowl. Pathetic

Last edited:
The pats played hard and never gave up and they have my respect. But to the fans that keep say it's the refs and stuff come on.
First game it was the injuries now it is the refs. Do the Pats ever lose just because they got out played?
Go Broncos!!!

fleabit said:
I'm classy in the threads where decent, if even disgruntled, Pats fans are reasonable and friendly.

Referring to yourself now as "classy"? OMG! You are so lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft