PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do you guys think of Maroney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinNasty23

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on Maroney? Are you guys really high on him? He has looked pretty solid so far. He has shown some flashes here and there and looks like he will be pretty good... but hasnt really been able to put a couple of games together.

So what are your thoughts?

He's surpassed our expectations. Hard to put a run of good games
together when you're not even the starter. Considering where he
was drafted. We're thrilled.

Hard to put up good numbers with the rotation with Marmoney and Dillon. Dillon is more of a downhill runner and does better against a good D, eg he avg like 4.5 against the Fins, wheras Maroney struggled against the Fins. However if the D isn't real good Maroney is explosive and can go for big yardage.

When Maroney learns to be decisive against the good and get the 3-5 yd run instead of hesitating and getting a yard he will be awesome.

How would you guys rank the big 3 young RBs in our division? With Ronnie, Willis, and Maroney?

Maroney is the best rookie RB. We now have or thunder and lightning for at least a couple of years.

FinNasty23 said:
How would you guys rank the big 3 young RBs in our division? With Ronnie, Willis, and Maroney?

I'd take Maroney over any RB in this division, and several others. I'm not super impressed by Brown, although he'll be solid for a long time to come, and while talented, I don't like McGahee's attitude. I don't see him as a team player and that counts for a lot on this squad. And Maroney's more explosive anyway.

To tell you guys the truth... I was praying you guys wouldnt draft DeAngelo Williams.

Were you guys all hoping for Maroney?

D-cleater said:
I'd take Maroney over any RB in this division, and several others. I'm not super impressed by Brown, although he'll be solid for a long time to come, and while talented, I don't like McGahee's attitude. I don't see him as a team player and that counts for a lot on this squad. And Maroney's more explosive anyway.

Its hard to be super impressed by Ronnie when he doesnt get the ball... or have any offensive line to speak of. But the guy is powerful as hell, never goes down on the first hit... and can do it all from receiving to blocking...

FinNasty23 said:
To tell you guys the truth... I was praying you guys wouldnt draft DeAngelo Williams.

Were you guys all hoping for Maroney?

I don't remmeber hearing his name around here. BB always blindsides us, Watson was a total surprise.

Most here were hoping for a OLB. Williams and White were mentioned IIRC, White more as a 2nd round guy.

Addai is having a better season and looks like the better all-around back.

Maroney seems like a Dave Kingman all-or-nothing type guy. He doesn't get many tough yards and isn't very consistent. If there's a big hole, he can be explosive. If not, not so much... You almost have to pair him with a Dillon type.

Yankees/Colts said:

Maroney seems like a Dave Kingman all-or-nothing type guy. He doesn't get many tough yards and isn't very consistent. If there's a big hole, he can be explosive. If not, not so much... You almost have to pair him with a Dillon type.

Addai doesn't have to deal with 8 or 9 man fronts.

I would take Maroney over him no contest. Way more upside.

I love Mom, apple pie and the Baby Jesus, too.

Yankees/Colts said:

Addai: 70 carries, 354 yards, 5.1 per carry, 1 score. 14 carries, 107 yards, 1 score. 84 touches, 461 yards, 5.49 per touch, 2 scores.

Maroney: 86 carries, 361 yards, 4.2 per carry, 3 scores. 7 catches, 77 yards no scores. 93 touches, 438 yards, 4.71 per touch, 3 scores. 12 kickoff returns, 335 yards, 27.9 per kick return.

Seems pretty even to me. I haven't watched Addai play much, so I can't comment on whether or not I think he's better than Maroney.

Last edited:
Can there be anything more phony than a Yankee/Colt fan?
How does that happen? If you're a Colt fan from Baltimore you
should hate the Yankees. If you're in the midwest root for one
of your teams. If you're from Ny, why a Colts fan when you
have the Jets/Giants?

patsfaninpa said:
Can there be anything more phony than a Yankee/Colt fan?
How does that happen? If you're a Colt fan from Baltimore you
should hate the Yankees. If you're in the midwest root for one
of your teams. If you're from Ny, why a Colts fan when you
have the Jets/Giants?

Everyone has a different story. People move around and get attached to certain teams. And its not like the Colts have been winning Super Bowls.

Addai definatly is a more versitle RB than Maroney. Although, I'm not any more impressed with him than I have been with Maroney. Both have looked solid and shown a couple of flashes...

Yankees/Colts said:

Maroney has broken a lot of tackle sonce he get going his only limitation currrently is hesitating waiting for the hole, against certain teams that doesn't work.

We know Dungy Manning and Polian wanted Maroney more than Addai, good choice on their part.

Yankees/Colts said:

Your front-runner bandwagon name is perfect, just as your post is perfectly ridiculous. Addai is fine. So-so. Decent. Maroney is a monster.

Give my best to recess.

Last edited:
TomBradyWoot said:
Everyone has a different story. People move around and get attached to certain teams. And its not like the Colts have been winning Super Bowls.

Oh please, you're being too kind/extremely naive. Being a Yankee/Colt fan is ridiculously obvious. FRONT. RUNNER. But even worse than that. Front-runner of teams that "should" be winning, but aren't.

Your front-runner bandwagon name is perfect, just as your post is perfectly ridiculous. give me best to recess. Addai is fine. So-so. Decent. Maroney is a monster.

Homerism :rocker:

It's a beautiful thing. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back