PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to the 3-4 Chargers (and they're on a roll)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why ? He was right. He was saying that while everyone was jerking off over our defense at the start of the season. He already felt that there were issues long before the public realized how much of a problem Collins has been. You forgot how around the 49ers game the usual panic set in around this board about how bad our defense is and how we cant cover anyone ? It took until the Ravens MNF game for people to actually calm the **** down.

Lombardi was trashing the defense in November of last year.

Lombardi was trashing the defense in November of last year.

He trashed them since Week 2 last year. Go and listen to his Make me Smarter podcast.

I have a ten year old son who demonstrates every play in slow motion with his football while explaining every detail. Pretty much drowns out the Fout-tisms.

What a great replacement eh?

Do not sleep on this LAC team. With a competent FG kicker they could easily be 6-1/5-2.

Nope. Can't play that game, if you do then they could easily be 1-6 if Derek Carr was 100% healthy and the Giants didn't lose all their WRs in the game they played them.

I have a ten year old son who demonstrates every play in slow motion with his football while explaining every detail. Pretty much drowns out the Fout-tisms.

Reminds me of watching the Patriots with my daughter when even younger. Sitting next to her on the couch I'd say, "Whatever happens to the guy who gets the ball on this play will happen to you". Then I'd usually tackle and wrestle with her. Good times.

This makes me feel really confident about the fact that the team is 100% back. Recall Mike's tirade last season about the defense, how horrendous it was, and how the Patriots would struggle against top offenses in the postseason.

I don't remember anything that Lombardi said. Thanks for the reminder. ;)

THIS!
This is why I read Patsfans so I can learn insider insights like this!
Huh? You are the one who said “the last time we took something out of the football” which we all know never happened.

Nope. Can't play that game, if you do then they could easily be 1-6 if Derek Carr was 100% healthy and the Giants didn't lose all their WRs in the game they played them.
Not playing any game they lost 2 games on the last play of the game. Both missed FG's. Has nothing to do with health or injuries.

How so ? He pretty much nails most of the things he says when he gets to focus on games. He usually lacks a bit of perspective when he tries to talk in depth about games that he clearly has not seen fully because he has been sitting in his bar watching all games at once.

Does anyone here seriously think that one good game suddenly means everything is fixed ?
Just a difference in opinions regarding Lombardi and his behind the scenes takes, @luuked. Like I said, he’s probably better than many since he’s spent some time with the team/Belichick, but I don’t take everything he says as gospel, either.

As far as your second question, yes—I think quite a few people believe that the progress on defense over the past three games equates to the same level of future success. Obviously, we need to see a larger sample size but it’s a couple of steps in the right direction.

He trashed them since Week 2 last year. Go and listen to his Make me Smarter podcast.

I know. That's why it makes it difficult to take him seriously.

Just don't make any sudden moves or make eye contact.

They fear you more than you fear them.

"Fear the hoodie monster"

Nice

Dola sounds like he won't go with his knee...no DH....may be a tougher game than ATL and I think it will be

Huh? You are the one who said “the last time we took something out of the football” which we all know never happened.

Dude! C'mon. Wicked Pissah has the Ideal Gas Law tattooed on his ass. Clearly a joke.

Reminds me of watching the Patriots with my daughter when even younger. Sitting next to her on the couch I'd say, "Whatever happens to the guy who gets the ball on this play will happen to you". Then I'd usually tackle and wrestle with her. Good times.

Thanks. That's a great idea. Can't wait for Sunday..

Dola sounds like he won't go with his knee...no DH....may be a tougher game than ATL and I think it will be
Each game presents its own obstacles for a variety of reasons, which makes the whole “looking ahead” thing a pointless exercise.

Games that are overlooked can end up to be difficult matchups, and vice versa.

Sports media people don't get paid to be serious, they get paid to make viewers/listeners remain viewing/listening. I also suspect, IMHO, a laziness sets in eventually, where an appeal to the simplistic and popular makes for the path of least work/effort in order to get the show over (and get on with the rest of the day with something they want to be doing).
It makes listening to any of them difficult/not worth the time.

That is what I dont understand. He was right about the defense last year. It took them until about the Ravens MNF game in December to really put things together and work well as a unit.

This. I don’t I now what the hell they were thinking trotting out that Youtube sensation for the first 3 weeks. He cost them a two least two wins.

best thing is they are still not over him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back