PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to the 3-4 Chargers (and they're on a roll)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m actually really enjoying this season. The injuries suck but that’s a constant that has to be figured into every season, and unlike the blowout season we anticipated every game is a challenge and worth watching. I don’t think this week will be any different, the Chargers will play them tough and the Patriots will find a way to win. And the tough games will have them ready for the playoffs when late January rolls around.

That is what I dont understand. He was right about the defense last year. It took them until about the Ravens MNF game in December to really put things together and work well as a unit.
I don’t know. I’m sure you can point to some numeric representation as proof that they weren’t playing well until the last handful of regular season games, but this is what I see theough 3/4 of the season, prior to the Ravens on MNF, at least in terms of points allowed:

Granted, there was an early season learning curve, but even that wasn’t bad (21, 24–both wins). The bad games were sandwiched around the bye week (25, 31). Considering the fact that the team won all of these except the SEA loss (31), there should be some garbage time allotment for the divisional games (Miami—24, Buffalo—25) due to big leads.

When you figure that 66.7% of their games (8 of 12) were contests where they topped out at 17 points allowed, I don’t think that Lombardi should have been questioning the defense nearly as much as he seemed to. That said, he is obviously an expert and a well respected member of the media with actual football experience, so his opinion certainly carries weight. I’m just not sure if it carries as much weight as some would believe, that’s all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back