PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to the 3-4 Chargers (and they're on a roll)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chargers 3 game hot streak:

Offense*:
Giants game: Pass 258 Run 124
Raiders game: Pass 263 Run 80
Broncos game: Pass 162 Run 80
*Major stat to note: 7 takeaways, 2 giveaways

Stats overview (again, just their 3 game win streak): the Chargers don't run the ball particularly well but they have modest success from the air. Their D appears to be relatively solid with a good ability to get to the QB but a rushing D that isn't an iron curtain. Generally the stats suggest the Chargers are on this winning streak by not giving up easy scores, not turning it over but getting turnovers, and overall not allowing any facet of their game to hurt them/let the game get away from them.

Sunday Outlook: This will not be the Patriots' D's toughest test. Provided the beginning of the season's big play debacle is officially fixed, the expectation for Chargers' scoring is a low end 13 and a high end 20 (turnovers being the wildcard). The biggest key to the game appears to rest firmly on the Patriots OL. Opening holes for the nest RBC in the league as well as keeping TB's jersey relatively clean should equal something in the range of a 24 to 13 Patriot victory. If the OL plays poorly the Chargers could get the upset 20 to 17 victory.

The Chargers are not to be taken lightly, I think. They're playing disciplined offensive football. Rivers isn't being asked to chuck the ball all over the field. Lots of short routes and focus on sustaining drives. The defense is what really caught my eye. You are correct that the Patriot offensive line has its work cut out for them in this one.

I would like to see us run the piss out of the ball off tackle to neutralize their DE's.

They all bother me so it doesn't matter which crew it is.

The solution for me is to turn down the volume to the perfect setting, about 5 or 6, so that I can't hear what they're saying but the crowd and refs' calls can still be heard.

I have a ten year old son who demonstrates every play in slow motion with his football while explaining every detail. Pretty much drowns out the Fout-tisms.

My hope is that they show the Troy Brown strip-fumble recovery in the 2006 playoffs that snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. LaDainian Tomlinson whined like a Dookie in the press conference after that one. That ought to send Dan Fouts for the jug of grain alcohol he keeps under his chair in the press box.

Whined like a Dookie?

We have to Chip their Defensive Ends well to give our Tackles especially Nate Solder time to step up. Would like to see James White and Rex Burkhead alot early on to set the tone. We ain't running it 35 times that's not what we are about. RB's who's are threats in the passing Game give D's like that fits.

Do not sleep on this LAC team. With a competent FG kicker they could easily be 6-1/5-2.

This. I don’t I now what the hell they were thinking trotting out that Youtube sensation for the first 3 weeks. He cost them a two least two wins.

This. I don’t I now what the hell they were thinking trotting out that Youtube sensation for the first 3 weeks. He cost them a two least two wins.

Good they still have games left with NFC West foes @ KC and vs Raiders last game of the year which could be a key game for the Raiders.

Must have missed the rest of the team playing a perfect game with all receivers catching every important pass and Rivers being 100% accurate. Not that stupid narrative again, please. Especially because the kicker was not at fault at all for the miss in the first game.

Must have missed the rest of the team playing a perfect game with all receivers catching every important pass and Rivers being 100% accurate. Not that stupid narrative again, please. Especially because the kicker was not at fault at all for the miss in the first game.
2 of the wins were very fortunate as well

Not sure how losing by losing by 3 with a missed fg and winning by 1 with a missed pat is being better than your record.

Needing the hapless giants to have every wr injured to come back and beat them shouldn’t be overlooked.

I have a ten year old son who demonstrates every play in slow motion with his football while explaining every detail. Pretty much drowns out the Fout-tisms.
Can we stream him to our TVs or through the computer? Or even better, pirate the sound on the broadcast.

Mike Lombardi on “The Ringer:”

—No, the Patriots aren’t “back.” They played better, but blames the game on the inefficient ways of Matt Ryan and the Falcons. Says lots of throws could’ve been made against our secondary when watching the tape. Also questioned the playcalls of OC Sarkisian. Said he looked lost after the scripted first 15 plays. Says that while the D played better, it doesn’t necessarily mean the issues have been fixed.

—Pats offense is now 4/16 on third down in the red zone, also awful on 3rd and shorts. Claims that’s a stat that separates good/bad teams come January. Says he needs to remind Bill Simmons to include that in his “Playoff Manifesto.”

—Claims that if he blew on his TV screen, James White would go down. They joked about whether or not he’ll break a tackle all year. Said the Pats bought into his SB hype and now he’s proving that on 3rd and 1, with him in the backfield, it’s either going to be a QB sneak or a pass. Claims everyone knows this tell if White happens to be lined up in that situation.

—Pretty much the only positive comment from him: the offense looks better with Dion Lewis and Rex Burkhead taking the carries and that showed on Sunday night.

Mike Lombardi on “The Ringer:”

—No, the Patriots aren’t “back.” They played better, but blames the game on the inefficient ways of Matt Ryan and the Falcons. Says lots of throws could’ve been made against our secondary when watching the tape. Also questioned the playcalls of OC Sarkisian. Said he looked lost after the scripted first 15 plays. Says that while the D played better, it doesn’t necessarily mean the issues have been fixed.

—Pats offense is now 4/16 on third down in the red zone, also awful on 3rd and shorts. Claims that’s a stat that separates good/bad teams come January. Says he needs to remind Bill Simmons to include that in his “Playoff Manifesto.”

—Claims that if he blew on his TV screen, James White would go down. They joked about whether or not he’ll break a tackle all year. Said the Pats bought into his SB hype and now he’s proving that on 3rd and 1, with him in the backfield, it’s either going to be a QB sneak or a pass. Claims everyone knows this tell if White happens to be lined up in that situation.

—Pretty much the only positive comment from him: the offense looks better with Dion Lewis and Rex Burkhead taking the carries and that showed on Sunday night.

This makes me feel really confident about the fact that the team is 100% back. Recall Mike's tirade last season about the defense, how horrendous it was, and how the Patriots would struggle against top offenses in the postseason.

This makes me feel really confident about the fact that the team is 100% back. Recall Mike's tirade last season about the defense, how horrendous it was, and how the Patriots would struggle against top offenses in the postseason.
Personally, I’ve always thought that Lombardi was a bit of a poseur and that his opinion was overrated, but some here eat his **** up like he’s a football God.

I think he provides a unique angle on some stuff that we wouldn’t hear from many others, but I’ve never bought into his hype.

The RZ issues on third down are certainly concerning though, but there’s plenty of time to see improvement there.

Personally, I’ve always thought that Lombardi was a bit of a poseur and that his opinion was overrated, but some here eat his **** up like he’s a football God.

I think he provides a unique angle on some stuff that we wouldn’t hear from many others, but I’ve never bought into his hype.

I get the feeling that he says the things he does for the same reason Rodney does - because they know the team responds to disrespect.

0% chance either guy believes most of what they say.

As a pass rush junkie I love watching these two. No has more pressures than Bosa since he started playing and Ingram is so underrated it's funny.

Bosa wins with power, technique and motor. Ingram with burst, closing speed and bend.

Bolles is passive here, ultimately bc Ingram hasn't committed to his rush. He gets a nice burst off the line but it's the explosion out of steps 2 & 3 that generate the power that moves Bolles. Gets underneath and it's over.

Power by Bosa and explosion by Ingram

Why ? He was right. He was saying that while everyone was jerking off over our defense at the start of the season. He already felt that there were issues long before the public realized how much of a problem Collins has been. You forgot how around the 49ers game the usual panic set in around this board about how bad our defense is and how we cant cover anyone ? It took until the Ravens MNF game for people to actually calm the **** down.

How so ? He pretty much nails most of the things he says when he gets to focus on games. He usually lacks a bit of perspective when he tries to talk in depth about games that he clearly has not seen fully because he has been sitting in his bar watching all games at once.

Does anyone here seriously think that one good game suddenly means everything is fixed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back