PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Baltimore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manning dodged a bullet here. Ravens would have been chasin him all over stable.

The Ravens play intimidation football. That won't work against our Pats. Also, the Steelers looked terrible against the Ravens. I don't think that's because the Ravens are great, but because the Steelers are mediocre. I think the Pats will win easily.

Manning dodged a bullet here. Ravens would have been chasin him all over stable.

If the Bengals can pull out a win, they won't be a bad matchup either. Especially if Green gets healthy.

Ravens were NEVER going to Denver, Bronx

Oh for christ sakes. The Ravens? Ugh.

Tho I do feel better then most years going against them.

I loove how you Pats fans say that you owned the Ravens before. The only reason you won the year before they beat you was because of a missed field goal by the Ravens...
Considering the missed FG only would have tied the game: no, that wasn't the only reason.

I would have preferred to have faced Indy or Cincy, but it is what it is. I think if we play the way we are capable of, we should win. I think we are the better team, hope the line can give Tom protection and our offense plays better than it has the past few weeks.

Chicken littles....

You want to win a championship you earn it. No "easy route"
Exactly, if we are a championship calibre team, you have to beat physical teams. Our Pats have been beaten by physical teams for too long, have been the nail instead of the hammer, time to be the hammer.

I hate this matchup. reeks entirely of watching the game and asking the Pats to get their heads out of their asses whilre Baltimore takes them into halftime up a field goal. Id be more comfortable with either Indy or Cincy, but this... yikes. Gonna be a tough one.

They will be calling for Haley's head again after this.

As well they should. He called a horrible game. Why were they having Roethlisberger drop back and hold onto the ball for 3-4 seconds on virtually every play? The Ravens were playing aggressive in the pass rush, why not use that aggression against them with a short quick passing game? Virtually every time they ran a short quick route either the receiver was wide open and Roethlisberger made a bad throw or they picked up chunks of yards.

I am sure that is how the Pats will attack them with Edelman and Gronk.

the way to win in foxboro is to have

1) good coach - Baltimore has that
2) good running game - baltimore has that
3) good defense - baltimore has a very good front 7

not saying NE is going to lose, but man it will be tough

At least we get an extra day to prep vs waiting till tomorrow to find out who we play. Ravens worry me more than the colts and Bengals but still confident we should win. As long as our offense is competent we should be fine.

Exactly, if we are a championship calibre team, you have to beat physical teams. Our Pats have been beaten by physical teams for too long, have been the nail instead of the hammer, time to be the hammer.

Yup. If we want to win it all, we're going to have to win some games against good teams. There's no way around it. I'm personally glad we have to play a physical team in the divisional round. That will be a good test, and if we can't handle it then we don't deserve to advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST