PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Baltimore

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was true of the Brady we all knew from a decade ago, but not the current one. At some point Brady turned into a diva and it seems like a receiver has to bend over backwards to gain his trust. Some of the balls he forces to Gronk are just ridiculous and the old Brady just wouldn't do it. Still love him, but I see the difference. I think it is part of the reason why we struggle to break 20 points in the playoffs because other teams see it as well.

Brady is a diva.....how?

Go away troll

so nervous about this game....
would suck to be one and done. lol

Don't be nervous...be confident like we should be....we are a dam good team. Always a chance to lose...but i highly doubt this team is 1 and done this year...

let's rob his mangoes!!!!

I'm just stressed. Im stressed with my crappy job, I'm stressed with school and now stressed about this game

Sorry about the job and school, however, the game is one of your positives. Even if the Patriots lose it is a positive. If you don't believe that then reach out to a Bills fan or a Raiders fan or another team's fan that hasn't played in the playoffs in eons, hasn't tangibly been in the mix for a SB in many many years. I tell ya, getting the chance at a playoff game watching 'high' is a relatively rare treat. People go through a lot of things/action to get the kind of passionate enthusiasm high that a Patriots' fan gets from a playoff game like this.

My advice is enjoy these moments while they last. One day BB will be gone making chances a little too good that 'stress' over a playoff game will be missing for extended periods of time not experienced in 14 years (hopefully I'm wrong about that).

I can refer you to a good therapist if you ever want help with that masochism.

Masochism is the raiders board, the ravens are more necrophiliac......

I've seen some Ravens fans posts over at NFL.com, ESPN, and their forums in general, and their general feel about Gronk is this:
  • Given that they covered/contained well Antonio Brown last Sat in Pitt, who was the #1 WR on rec and yds this year, they can do the same to him.
  • Given that Will Hill, one of their safeties, blanketed Jimmy Graham earlier this year, he can cover Gronk 1-on-1.

Oh boy, they could be up for a rude awakening Sat afternoon.

What do you guys think?

Separated at birth:

Sloth.jpg

suggs.jpg

That was true of the Brady we all knew from a decade ago, but not the current one. At some point Brady turned into a diva and it seems like a receiver has to bend over backwards to gain his trust. Some of the balls he forces to Gronk are just ridiculous and the old Brady just wouldn't do it. Still love him, but I see the difference. I think it is part of the reason why we struggle to break 20 points in the playoffs because other teams see it as well.

I know several "divas." Not one gets up at 5 a.m. Not one works out twice a day on vacation. Not one takes media criticism and deflects it from his teammates. Not one shrugs off compliments after having a successful outing. Tom Brady is not a diva, just a perfectionist.

The receiver has to be where he is supposed to be. He is supposed to shed a jam without losing time. He is supposed to catch a ball he can get his hands on. The OL is supposed to give the QB three seconds to throw on average. The checklist of requirements goes on and on.

There's no one on the planet who expects more from Brady than Brady. He just expects it from everyone else too.

Anyone wanna hear a fun fact?

Outside of Pittsburgh, Baltimore's record against winning teams this year:

0-6.

Ya but apparently according to pretty much everyone that does not matter, only thing that matters is how they beat the Pats in the playoffs 2 and 5 years ago.

Don't be nervous...be confident like we should be....we are a dam good team. Always a chance to lose...but i highly doubt this team is 1 and done this year...

yea i know. gotta stop pay attention to all of these media hacks who want us to lose.
gonna be a long day if we don't get pressure on flacco.

I know your a fan and have been here awhile, but no life buoy I can throw you will save you from this post.

So damn excited for this game; I'm bouncing off walls. My gf is ready to shoot me. Some days I wonder if she regrets turning me into a football (Pats) fan. :D

One thing I remember from the Dolphins game in foxboro is that Miami came out throwing deep at our secondary. Maybe they were targetting butler but they had some success and had some easy drops as well .Probably the only team which did that to us from the get go

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST