PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Baltimore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats in a blow out. Too much talent and desire for revenge on our side. Gronk alone makes this an autowin.

Seriously, what chance would we have against a team like Seattle if we can't handle a team like the Ravens? Who cares if Denver has an easier game against Indy/Cincy? The SB isn't won by getting lucky and picking off "easy" opponents. Seattle had to win a war with SF last year that came down to the wire before destroying the Broncos. I'd rather be battle tested.

I agree. The Pats faced a brutal stretch this year of four playoff teams in a row and walked away 3-1. Their only loss was Green Bay in Green Bay. The Pats have been showing this year they are winning facing tough challenges not by beating cream puffs. They are battle tested and ready for the challenge.

This game will simply come down to how well Brady plays in this game. Let's be honest, Brady has been less than amazing in playoffs for some time now so he has to play at a very very high level Saturday. There is not an AFC team left in the playoffs that has this type of a smash mouth defense like the Ravens and the dubious status of the current O line for the Pats has to be very concerning, it is a game like this that will make the Logan Mankins trade look stupid. Protect Brady and he plays to his capability and makes no mistakes the Pats win. Flacco will be strong he is a different QB in the playoffs and the Ravens are playing on house money. Worst matchup for the Pats. They win this game they go to the Super Bowl

Ravens didn't get the memo apparently. They were supposed to get blown out. They were an inferior team on paper.
/sarcasm
This most likely won't be a blowout. We ain't facing some weak 2011 Broncos or any year Colts teams. Patriots most likely win by a touchdown after Flacco finally throws a pick

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 2m2 minutes ago
Revised list of bye teams most at risk for a divisional upset: 1. Packers, 2. Patriots (Previous: 3), 3. Broncos (Previous: 2), 4. Seahawks.

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 48s49 seconds ago
No question Broncos have easier matchup vs. Indy or Cincy.
Not if Cinco wins! I'm pulling for them only because they've the better Defense of the 2! As for the Ravens I'm glad we got them! I don't want any cupcake games this postseason! We all know as good as Suggs was tonight he can turn around & pull a David Copperfield next week! In the end I think the Pats win by a touchdown or 2 next Saturday!

That game was a thing of beauty.

But that game was closer than the final score. And Flacco was on a bum knee. Brady also looked really strong and in control in the 1st half and not so great in the 2nd half.

With that said, Blount played really well and in the end, the Patriots ran it down their throat and won the game. Brady needs to protect the ball and the pats can't turn the ball over.

Not if Cinco wins! I'm pulling for them only because they've the better Defense of the 2! As for the Ravens I'm glad we got them! I don't want any cupcake games this postseason! We all know as good as Suggs was tonight he can turn around & pull a David Copperfield next week! In the end I think the Pats win by a touchdown or 2 next Saturday!

Cincy does have the defense to shut down the Broncos' running game and force Manning to throw outside the numbers where his arm strength is exposed more. I agree they have a better chance in Denver than Indy.

We are #1 seed, they barely made playoff. See the difference?
No, You've never played any type of organized sports huh. There's no real difference whether you squeaked into the payoff's or dominated everyone all year. Either way, and I've been on both, it's win or go home, nothing more, nothing less.

The bad news: Our offensive line versus their front.
If the OL is healthy it's not that bad of news. When healthy the OL has performed good. Do you not remember pretty much every week when people were crapping their pants about the opposing DL during that Cincinnati to Detroit span of games and they just went out and pretty much dominated offensively. Put 37 and 34 up on 2 better DL than Baltimore (Buffalo and Detroit). Put up 36 on a DL that is equal in talent to Baltimore in Denver.

I want this to happen. A LOT.

gronkowski-demolishes-suggs-o.gif

Gronk wasn't on the field for the last two losses.

And the loss before that, Gronk was barely able to walk in the game. He played, but if it was a regular season game there would have been no way he played because he was probably at something like 30%. He was barely a decoy in that game because he could barely move.

If the OL is healthy it's not that bad of news. When healthy the OL has performed good. Do you not remember pretty much every week when people were crapping their pants about the opposing DL during that Cincinnati to Detroit span of games and they just went out and pretty much dominated offensively. Put 37 and 34 up on 2 better DL than Baltimore (Buffalo and Detroit). Put up 36 on a DL that is equal in talent to Baltimore in Denver.

it will all come down to the play of solder and vollmer - if they can keep suggs and dumerville at bay then it will be a good day for NE.

I'm getting prepared for the 42000 times ESPN will be remembering our games vs BAL in the playoffs, and how do we struggle every time blah blah

No mention of last year's gm in Baltimore, or how this team is significantly different from the ones that lost those games.

Hopefully, we beat them convincingly next week.

Go Pats!

It seems like people tend to be either arrogantly overconfident or full of gloom and doom.

It's the playoffs. I expect a hard game. If the Ravens had lost tonight, I would expect a hard game against someone else. If we win next week, I expect a hard game the week after. Not sure when people became such cowards about playing hard games. That's what playoff football is supposed to be about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes