PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well, Peter King is back on his Spygate Soapbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
the #1 thing that is needed right now is for the truth to come out.

If walsh is a lying sack of sh*t - let it come out

If the pats had walk through tapes - let it come out

If every other team does the same thing and the NFL knows about it - let it come out.

yes, let the truth come out. but, in no way should this be a matter that any member of congress should be involved in. congress/house of reps. should not be involved in any matter that is solely sports related.

The "Silly" lawsuit and the "Rantings" of Specter...

King's trying to play down the danger and the competence of whatever legal apparati we're up against (from just these two sources.)

But I do like that he sees both for what they are.

I think this article may be an attempt to say, "If you guys give us alllll a whack at the Matt Walsh tapes, then you're okay people again..." and he might really believe that. I don't.

We've taken the hit for six months thus far, and it looks like we'll take the heat for the remainder of the life of the franchise. I certainly hope they don't try to come up with another punishment on the eve of the draft, and steal -- yes, now it would be stealing -- another pick, after we've gone to the trouble to scout and rank the prospects.

If they do, they do.

I see Arlen Sphincter's timing in this last story as purposely chosen for maximum media exposure. Ditto Walsh's non-disclosure of tapes he might or might not have. So they get their "timing," we get our (additional) distraction. Then we lose a super bowl that would have meant Perfection. I do not link the two. I only say that Pats management, Patriot Nation, and the Pats themselves are being dragged through an awful lot of crap for what's basically a non-issue.

King needs to get hip to something: Sphincter does hate us, and does love Comcast's money. The fan eating chicken wings next to you in a sports bar? Hates us. The guy serving you your latte? Hates us.

A right to "Further discipline" has been reserved by the league... but given the biased motivations of the good Senator Specter, it would appear to me that any further discipline -- deemed unnecessary by the Commissioner, and for months -- is now being undertaken for political reasons, and essentially to change outcomes of football games by legislative means.

So you consider our SBs tainted? I consider this ongoing witch-hunt the legislative/journalistic outlawing of excellence in the NFL, nothing more, nothing less. After all, the team has been punished. They have been over-punished. They have been docked draftpicks and fined cash, for offenses that it is now known other teams engaged in regularly.

The neglect of that side of the story should be shocking, but we all understand the difference between j-school and what goes on out there. We don't want both sides of the story; we want papers selling and eyeballs on websites.

So get your heads around it guys: Goodell's at least temporarily been thrown in with our brass, so don't sweat Goodell.

Sphincter has every reason to continue to put lipstick on his pig of a case. Matt Walsh just needs to find the legal alchemist to turn the base crap of his taping allegations into gold. And at the end of the day, yes, you heard it here if not first then most constantly: forget about normal fan-life.

Let's say you're a Chicago White Sox fan in the 20s. It's gonna be like that.

Get to know your fellow Pats fans real well... because in football season, you won't be able to have a conversation with anybody else without the subject turning to uninformed gross mischaracterization.

Learn it, live it, love it.

PFnV

King is the biggest hypocrite of all..he gets on his moral soap box about fairness and yet he will NOT look at ANYTHING that is just as bad..as how some teams get around that blackout period. of 15 seconds..THAT is cheating on a BIGGER scale and Mr "I'm so moral" King refuses to look at it. until he puts the same vigor into THAT type of cheating and tries to expose it, he's just another scumbag Patriot hater and nothing more. until he does that and shows he's REALLY interested in that, I really do NOT care what the wind bag has to say.

How can the Pats have walkthrough tapes if Walsh has them?
Seriously? Think about it. Copies, easy.

pao

the #1 thing that is needed right now is for the truth to come out.

If walsh is a lying sack of sh*t - let it come out

If the pats had walk through tapes - let it come out

If every other team does the same thing and the NFL knows about it - let it come out.
Post of the week.

pao

I don't see any problem here in what King said.

Of course, Reiss article came out on Sunday, and this is King's Monday column.

Which means he missed the real story.

My problem with King is that when Jeff Fisher and Tony Dungy was inadvertantly accused of cheating by Kerry Colins, King took Fisher's word and was satisfied that it never happened. Now with the Spygate crap he is advocating Senate being involved where they shouldn't and a frivolous lawsuit to get to the truth.

i listened to his take on
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/ .
He doesnt really give much attention to what the patriots said or BB said. thinks walsh should be heard from and that goodell was hard on the pats because they repeatedly did this after memos were sent.
Iam sure if he had broken this story he wouldve put a totally different spin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back