PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome Jayden Daniels! Pats next qb

I'm not in love with any of the non-Caleb QB prospects. We obviously need a QB but right now I'm wondering if trading down and just taking more shots across the board on QB and WR/OL would be more beneficial. For example, maybe getting Penix late first or JJ McCarthy in RD2 plus MHJ or Alt/Feshanu plus one of the WR3-8 plus McCarthy/Nix in RD2.

What happens if the Pats take MHJ instead of a QB??? Or take an OT instead of QB?

If you don't fix the Offensive Line I don't care who you put at QB, they are not going to succeed. This is not going to be a popular take, but draft Joe Alt and have him as the cornerstone of your line for 10 years or more. Take the best available QB with the 2nd pick (that may be JJ McCarthy) and WR or FS with 3rd. The risk of taking a QB high and have then turn into a bust is too high. Take the safe pick and then forget about the backside of the QB for 10 years. I would sign a veteran QB to play for two years until that rookie is ready.
I absolutely agree. However, if we get a first rate O-lIne coach, and as we've found solid tackles in rounds 2 and after (Matt Light and Sebastian Vollmer). This is where excellent talent evaluations and solid drafting come into play. Basically, there's more than one way to skin the proverbial cat.

I absolutely agree. However, if we get a first rate O-lIne coach, and as we've found solid tackles in rounds 2 and after (Matt Light and Sebastian Vollmer). This is where excellent talent evaluations and solid drafting come into play. Basically, there's more than one way to skin the proverbial cat.

The case with Klemm is very curious. By all accounts, he was considered to be a "First Rate O-line coach" and that the Pats made a good decision to bring him in.

. All we know is that he and Matt Groh had a loud argument in regards to the "Klemm being heard" . We don't know if Klemm was referring to the TRADES that were made, the players the team drafted, or players signed to the PS.

I do find it interesting that Klemm supposedly wasn't using Dante's techniques but his own and that the team dropped those when Klemm went out for "health reasons".

I'm not in love with any of the non-Caleb QB prospects. We obviously need a QB but right now I'm wondering if trading down and just taking more shots across the board on QB and WR/OL would be more beneficial. For example, maybe getting Penix late first or JJ McCarthy in RD2 plus MHJ or Alt/Feshanu plus one of the WR3-8 plus McCarthy/Nix in RD2.
Giants at 6 would be my target. '24 6, '24 43, and whatever else for '24 3. Take which ever OT the team likes, then use 37 and 43 on more Offensive positions.

The case with Klemm is very curious. By all accounts, he was considered to be a "First Rate O-line coach" and that the Pats made a good decision to bring him in.

. All we know is that he and Matt Groh had a loud argument in regards to the "Klemm being heard" . We don't know if Klemm was referring to the TRADES that were made, the players the team drafted, or players signed to the PS.

I do find it interesting that Klemm supposedly wasn't using Dante's techniques but his own and that the team dropped those when Klemm went out for "health reasons".
Perhaps you may know the answer to this thing I've heard, that the HC or OC of Miami was actually the recruiter/overseer of Oregon's O-Line and now has 3 "Blue Chip" O-Linemen he recruited in Miami, and that he was really the O-Line guru at Oregon and not Klemm.

Last edited:

Bruh, Penix trash. He is going to be a James Winston 2.0. If not worse.

We have to take a QB this year. This is by far the best QB class we had in a while. The 2025 draft QB class is meh at best. It will most likely be the bears sticking with Fields and moving down and still take MHJr at 4th if they trade down and get Arizonas spot to allow them to take Caleb.

The way I see it:
Bears trade their pick to AZ, the Bears get the cardinals 4th pick and 21st pick.
AZ picks Caleb
Commanders take Maye
Patriots take Daniels
Bears take MHJr

If I was the Bears GM that would be a win because you get an awesome NFL ready WR and you get to pick at 21st pick to address one of the many holes you have. And they will have the 9th pick. My guess is the above will happen and they take their WR, OT and probably another OT.

We have to take a QB this year. This is by far the best QB class we had in a while. The 2025 draft QB class is meh at best. It will most likely be the bears sticking with Fields and moving down and still take MHJr at 4th if they trade down and get Arizonas spot to allow them to take Caleb.

The way I see it:
Bears trade their pick to AZ, the Bears get the cardinals 4th pick and 21st pick.
AZ picks Caleb
Commanders take Maye
Patriots take Daniels
Bears take MHJr

If I was the Bears GM that would be a win because you get an awesome NFL ready WR and you get to pick at 21st pick to address one of the many holes you have. And they will have the 9th pick. My guess is the above will happen and they take their WR, OT and probably another OT.
I think AZ already stated they were sticking with Murray.

Perhaps you may know the answer to this thing I've heard, that the HC or OC of Miami was actually the recruiter/overseer of Oregon's O-Line and now has 3 "Blue Chip" O-Linemen he recruited in Miami, and that he was really the O-Line guru at Oregon and not Klemm.

Do you have a link? I've not heard anything of the sort like that.

Do you have a link? I've not heard anything of the sort like that.
It was from a couple of different college/pro sources a few months back, so I can't recall the reports the moment. That's why I was asking if anyone else had heard the same thing.

Last edited:
Trade for Fields….if it can be done sensibly
If they take an OT who turns out to be a stud, although it won't be a sexy pick, it would be a smart one. MHJ would be a solid pick, especially if we do get a solid QB later in the draft or in the 2025 draft.

If they take an OT who turns out to be a stud, although it won't be a sexy pick, it would be a smart one. MHJ would be a solid pick, especially if we do get a solid QB later in the draft or in the 2025 draft.
Get MHJ and draft the most unpolished, intelligent qb with highest upside in round3 or later . Run 2024 with Joe Flacco. Use all draft picks on offense( 2 OT, 2 WR, 1TE, 1 QB, 1 safety) . See if the other qb on roster has potential if not sign brissett . I'd we get lucky we might draft a good QB in 2025 or 2026.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back