PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome Jayden Daniels! Pats next qb

Listed as 210
I read somewhere he is 185 lbs.
He looks like a twig

Edit: I found it
ESPN’s Mel Kiper called Daniels “a game manager who is also a supreme playmaker” and noted he could be ranked fourth behind Williams, Drake Maye, and Shedeur Sanders.

Doubts, however, mostly start with his frame: Daniels is an ideal 6’3, but is expected to weigh around 185 lbs at the combine. That helps Daniels run around a 4.5 and that could make him among the fastest QBs in the NFL, but as he bulks up for the league, his speed will naturally decrease and change his threat as a runner. Jackson, for example, weighs about 30 lbs heavier than Daniels. Skepticism extends to his arm, as “inconsistent throwing motion” and lack of engagement between upper and lower body is a concern for his accuracy, timing and power

Daniels is 210.

He’s not 185. He’s at least 205-210.
He is an inch taller than Mac but about 10 pounds lighter.

Put another way, he is the same weight as Bryce Young but is 6 inches taller.

Last edited:
Daniels is 210.
I hope so. He is my choice if they go QB.
He looks so thin.
He can gain muscle weight in a good Pro weight program

I hope so. He is my choice if they go QB.
He looks so thin.
He can gain muscle weight in a good Pro weight program

I don’t think he’s skinny, I think he’s a lean athlete. When you look at some of his clips he’s ripping off 70 yard runs through traffic. And he gets clocked a number of times and bounces right up, He’s my first choice as well, but I think there’s a real possibility he ends up going first overall.

Quick someone name a QB who succeeded in the NFL with a skinny ass and twig legs.
Randall Cunningham. But seriously, when i looked at Jayden Daniels highlights the first time, this is who came to mind. Threat to run or pass, long lanky frame, same height, almost same weight (210 vs 212). Obviously different release.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 4.14.27 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 4.14.27 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Randall Cunningham. But seriously, when i looked at Jayden Daniels highlights the first time, this is who came to mind. Threat to run or pass, long lanky frame, same height, almost same weight (210 vs 212). Obviously different release.
Ha. Sorry, didn’t see your post until after my reply. He “quickly” came to mind as well.

I'd offer it to the Chargers for Herbert and see if they'd bite.
I very briefly thought the same thing but can’t imagine that they would. 3, 34 and next year’s 1 still likely wouldn’t be enough.

Really good comp! Randall was probably a bit more athletic

IMG_1052.jpeg
IMG_1053.jpeg

He and a young Cunningham have very similar builds, and Cunningham obviously played in an era when quarterbacks weren’t protected like they are today.

Cunningham was listed as 6 foot 4 and 215 pounds. 210 may be embellished slightly but Daniels has to be at least 200 pounds, if he measures close to his listed height of 6 foot 4.

I haven't really watched Nix except for a snippet of the 2nd Wash game, but I'm surprised he's only been sacked 5 times all year to go with those 3 INTs. I just worry about his... intangibles... I'm not gonna say he's gonna pout and nut tap people, but maybe he's grown up in those years.

Daniels would be my pick out of all of them, though, because after watching the worst games for CWill, Maye, Penix, and him, Daniels seems to be the most composed under pressure. It sounds like the fancy QB VR work was effective.

But yeah, this could be 2021 redux "best QB draft of all time" crap. I'm with Morse. Fixing the OL should be the top priority. Preferably a highly rated tackle (ideally with a great 20Shuttle time).
Nix is probably the closest thing to being a Brock Purdy type. Don’t get me wrong, he could bust, 60-80% of these qbs could bust. Has nice touch on the short stuff, good intermediate strength and a plus+ back shoulder throw. Also has some decent scrambling ability. He’s got flaws and needs coaching but if the Pats decide to go with a positional player like Alt or Harrison I’d take a shot with him in the 2nd and sign a vet .

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back