PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome Jayden Daniels! Pats next qb

I was going to do that predicting the next head coach with a new thread.

Finally. A tall mobile qb!
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

I’m so torn in this draft as who is the best QB,
I think once you do your due diligence you move to 1 to get your guy.
Can’t get this wrong.
Well....we could draft Trey Lance 2.0 and pick up Brock Purdy 2.0?

We could draft a skinny kid in the 6th round again and win 6 Super Bowls.

All is not lost.

These things happen all the time :p

Will jayden daniels pan out like giants daniels. One who suddenly rose up the draft boards .

I am so torn .maybe just get marvin harrison and overpay for Tee Higgins and get mayfield or Flacco as bridge qb while we draft somebody in 2nd round .

Can't trade with Washington. No question they want Williams/Maye. I don't think they would settle for Daniels.

So it would need to be with Chicago. But if they want Williams, I don't think NE has enough draft capital to get to the one. If Bears don't want Fieds, who will they have at QB if not Williams? They may have to send this year's first and second rounders along with next year. If they want Caleb, you need to pay.

I think Daniels arm strength and age are a concern too. The Patriots have not had a QB with good arm strength since Brady. Not sure they want to go through that with another developmental QB.

Will jayden daniels pan out like giants daniels. One who suddenly rose up the draft boards .

I am so torn .maybe just get marvin harrison and overpay for Tee Higgins and get mayfield or Flacco as bridge qb while we draft somebody in 2nd round .
Buyer beware of the sudden "draft risers". This is a tactic teams use to bait a team ahead of them to take that player.

Quick someone name a QB who succeeded in the NFL with a skinny ass and twig legs.
He’s actually no smaller than Lamar Jackson or Randall Cunningham coming out of college. Hell, he’s essentially the same size as them in their prime. Lamar is 6’2 215, Cunningham 6’4 212 &. Daniels is 6’4 210. He’ll also add weight/strength during his initial years. He’s got some things to clean up (they all do), but he’s a heck of prospect.

I don’t think Daniels is a sudden draft riser as much as he is just a kid who has shown a level of talent over the course of the year that he hadn’t yet shown previously. At the start of the year he was ranked lower and he’s moved up draft boards as the college season went on. He’s widely being mocked as a top 5-10 prospect now, which is not really the sort of “sudden draft riser” you typically see - often those situations are when a guy is projected as a late 1st but flies way up boards way after the season has finished and much closer to draft day.

If the Bears stick with fields (I believe they will) Washington will prob make a play to move up from 2 to 1 for Caleb Williams. Chicago will take MHJ at 2 leaving us with the decision between Maye Daniels and Penix.

If the Bears stick with fields (I believe they will) Washington will prob make a play to move up from 2 to 1 for Caleb Williams. Chicago will take MHJ at 2 leaving us with the decision between Maye Daniels and Penix.

Nah, think someone else will jump
all the way to #1. Not the Commanders...they will be fine with Williams or Maye.

In the history of BB's Patriots, we have drafted these players in the top half of the first round:

Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Jerod Mayo, Mac Jones, and Christian Gonzalez (after a trade back).

Nah, think someone else will jump
all the way to #1. Not the Commanders...they will be fine with Williams or Maye.
The someone else is likely us then. Next highest team that should consider a QB is NYG at 6. The Bears run the risk of missing out on both MHJ and Nabors with teams like Arizona and LAC above them with WR being a need if they trade with NY.

Can someone explain why Washington gets the #2 picks when the Patriots lost to Washington and they have the same record?
Inverse order of "Strength-Of-Schedule"......

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back