PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weekly Marshall Faulk Bashing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LOL! Marshall Faulk picks the Jets to win the AFC East

Just to make sure this is documented.

Terrel:
I think the Patriots are clearly the best team in the AFC East and the AFC by far and the Jets will be fighting with the Buffalo Bills for second place in this division.

Marshall:
It's easy to go with the Patriots, isn't it?

Rich:
So do the tough thing, who wins this division?

Marshall:
I don't know.

Rich:
You don't know?

Marshall:
No, I think the Jets, Rich. I'm saying the Jets have made enough moves to compete.

Rich:
You heard it here, you marking the date and the time?

Terrel:
I'm marking the date and the time.

Marshall:
I'm the guy. *points to self*

-NFL Total Acces (September 1st, 2008)

The other guy is Terrell Davis just for a heads up. I took his "I don't know" as him really not wanting to look stupid by actually saying the Jets, but then he was goated into it by Eisen and TD.

As for Maningi's relationship with his players, as much as I hate to admit it, he has always been tough on his players. He is closer to Belichick than Pete Carroll in that aspect. He is actually more like Parcells or Weis really because he likes to yell at players. Belichick doesn't.

Yea, from what I see from Belichick is that he really loves the teaching aspect of his job. Even in the middle of games you can see him personally coaching up individual players, especially the linebackers who have always been his favorite position.

Does anybody know of any other head coach that does direct coaching during a game?

The NFL Network should be on BET or the WB?

How did Rich Eisen ever get a job with them?

If the Pats defense sucks this year, the Jets just might win the division. You can't win games if you can't stop the pass. And how does Brady play with his hurt leg?

Is there any chance that Faulk's balls dropped, his voice deepened, and he finally went through puberty before he said this? If not, then he is still unwatchable.

Just said it on Total Access. What a hater? In related news, Rich Eisen suffers a major coronary on the Total Access set.

who cares?

Didn't Faulk predict the Patriots would miss the playoffs? I think he lost all credibility a long time ago, but that certainly didn't help change matters.

LMAO @ that video...

Faulk: I wonder if the Patriots are suffering from the Super Bowl hangover-

Davis: Yeah, you know a little bit about that, right?

Faulk: I do, I do...

Davis: *laugh*

If the Pats defense sucks this year, the Jets just might win the division. You can't win games if you can't stop the pass. And how does Brady play with his hurt leg?

What are you using for a comparison, last year or this preseason? Does this mean your in agreement with Faulk you.

Not at all surprised.

Even assuming he is a die hard Pats fan :rolleyes:, it is his opinion. So, why get worked up?

What is surprising is the # of experienced posters expressing irritation/surprise over his anti-Pats tirade.

I love Marshall! He's such a dufus. It's entertainment!!!!
If Terry Bradshaw can't spell cat it you spot him the C and the A, then Marshall can't spell at if you spot him the A.

I'm so sick of this guy, seriously.

I dread the day he gets voted into the Hall of Fame (If it happens).

Didn't Faulk predict the Patriots would miss the playoffs? I think he lost all credibility a long time ago, but that certainly didn't help change matters.

He predicted that Pats to loose every game last year EXCEPT the two 'Fins games.

Ditka did the exact same, we were going to loose in every game BUT the two Miami games.

Seems to me a producer would sit them down and try and help them realize how stupid they sound.

The next time Marshall Faulk picks the Pats to win anything will be his first.

I wish I had a link to the video, remember when the Pats were going to play the Colts a year or two ago and the Total Access crew was comparing each team's units (QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, DB, etc.) and Faulk gave the advantage to the Colts in every single category! Eisen and Woodson could barely keep from laughing at Faulk on camera because his bias was so obvious.

Yup, remember that too, Woodson was in bits laughing. Was pretty funny..

To ALL:

Don't know IF Anyone has brought this up on the Thread yet, but back in (I believe 2001-2003) when I used to subscribe to Sports Illustrated (the Mag), they had a little blurb somewhere within the first 20 pages of the Magazine asking, as they often would, random Questions to Athletes, or just Baseball or just NFL Players or whomever... One Mag happened to have one of these General Questions posed to none other than Marshall faulk...The question: "What was the Hardest Game You've EVER Played In?" For some time, I had hung His Answer on my Refridgerator door it was so good...It went something like this (mind you this is NOT verbatum, but as close as my memory serves me): "NO Question about it, the 2001 Rams Patriots Superbowl. In it, I was kicked, punched, thrown down and stomped on...THEN came the SECOND Play of the Game...". For me, this was as close to the Poetic as Faulk had ever come. BB realized perfectly that it was Faulk who was the end-ALL-be-ALL key to opening up the Greatest Show on Turf, and IF You happened to stall Faulk's Draws and little dump passes, their went the Long Ball... Faulk's career has never been a shred of what it once was after that game...

of note: Can You Imagine being heralded as in ALL probability the Best Player on the Best Team in the League, and having not just Your Team, but Your very Career stomped to dust in one single instant??? I honestly cannot. :rip::rip:

To ALL:

Marshall faulk...The question: "What was the Hardest Game You've EVER Played In?" "NO Question about it, the 2001 Rams Patriots Superbowl. In it, I was kicked, punched, thrown down and stomped on...THEN came the SECOND Play of the Game...".

Brillant, probably the most insightful and real answer he has ever given.....

Once upon a time, Marshall Faulk was a good football player. Since then, he has been a lousy football commentator.

The next time Marshall Faulk picks the Pats to win anything will be his first.

I wish I had a link to the video, remember when the Pats were going to play the Colts a year or two ago and the Total Access crew was comparing each team's units (QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, DB, etc.) and Faulk gave the advantage to the Colts in every single category! Eisen and Woodson could barely keep from laughing at Faulk on camera because his bias was so obvious.

One would think the NFL Network would advise him to cool his biased comments. They are not supposed to be like that...at least not Sooooooo biased his hatred is obvious!

I had that Quote under Rosie Colvin's (or was it Rodney Harrison's) Face-Face lil' Love Kiss Picture He was giving Kurt Warner on the Sport's Illustrated Cover right after that SuperBowl... Above the top "Culmination"... Kurt Warner didn't quite seem like He was "in the mood" however...;);)

Marshall Faulk on Dan Patrick

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/

Marshall Faulk had several interesting thing to say. The NFL Network analyst said that Peyton Manning is the most irreplaceable player in the NFL. More than Tom Brady, because of the way Manning runs the Colts offense.

its funny to watch him cringe and go insane watching and talking the pats...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe