PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weekly Marshall Faulk Bashing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LOL! Marshall Faulk picks the Jets to win the AFC East

He is just a bitter old man, he still can't swallow 2001.

Marshall FAULK YOU

I didn't watch, but heard the episode on Sirius. I laughed to myself when Faulk said he thought the Patriots might be suffering from the 'Super Bowl hangover' only to have Terrell Davis say 'You know about that' referring Faulk's Rams in 2002, the year after losing to the Pats.

QB12

That's pure entertainment. Good thing it's hard to tell if he's blushing.

Marshall probably also hates Kevin being in such a huge number of arse-whoopin's. Thanksgiving must be a hoot.

He's hated New England since his Super Bowl and is living proof why it's not a good idea to give ex-players analyst jobs.

Folks,

We need to calm down and should not take sport anchors seriously because we have heard this kind of thing for years.

I just looked up on the TV and the sports show had the subtitle of "Joey porter expects to play Sunday". Man, Miami is such a dead end that I totally forgot he was still an active member of the NFL... :singing:

Last edited:

See? All is right with the world - we are going to be fine this year! Things are lining up as they always do!

great comment

MY GOD.....the nerve of this guy!!!! :rolleyes:

Here's the video

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80a6e7af

The segment where they start talking about whether the Jets have caught the Pats start at about 2:35. Faulk actually predicting the Jets winning the division is about 4:05.

Marshall is just a hater. Since we beat him he is going to route for us to lose the rest of his life. I guess I can't blame him. Jealousy is a tough thing to handle and his team was supposed to be the dynasty born in 01 but it was us and he can't get over it.

I stopped listening to him because I don't know if what he has to say might be skewed by other grudges he has. I mean if he picks and analyze against us because of past anomosity who else in the league might he have a grudge against. There must be some player or coach out there that he wont say anything good about on TV just like us but I don't know who else it would be so I can't trust anything he says.

Plus f*ck him

Folks,

We need to calm down and should not take sport anchors seriously because we have heard this kind of thing for years.

I couldn't care less actually. I just think it is funny that Faulk hates the Pats so much that he is willing to make a fool of himself on national TV to trash them any way possible. From his position by position breakdown of the Pats and Colts last year where he was openly mocked by Rich Eisen and Rod Woodson to his painful color commentary in the Pats preseason game on the NFL Network to this, Faulk is really turning himself into one of the biggest baffoons on TV.

The thing is that his hatred is towards the Patriots specifically is almost irrelevant. I would feel the same way about him if his hatred was towards the Jets or Miami. Any former player who does TV analysis look like idiots on TV when they bring their old player biases in their analysis. Tiki Barber fell into the same trap last year when he looked like an idiot trashing Eli Manning (who ultimately had the last laugh) or Dan Marino's inability to say anything remotely negative about the Dolphins even when the were as bad as they were last year.

Last edited:

i think eisen brought this up last yr that he receives a lot of emails from NE fans that faulk hates the pats and he laughed it off.
Maybe they are playing it for the fans like ESPN and intentionally inviting controversy and discussion by picking the jets instead of the pats.
and i know i maybe committing sacrilige here but jets have improved this season and they werent as bad as a 4-12 team. in their 2nd game against us they actually gave our offense some problems. so strange things can happen with injuries and bad games in this league.

Last edited:

i think eisen brought this up last yr that he receives a lot of emails from NE fans that faulk hates the pats and he laughed it off.
Maybe they are playing it for the fans like ESPN and intentionally inviting controversy and discussion by picking the jets instead of the pats.

Bingo....and its working, all those sponsers who see the traffic numbers flowing into NFL.com thank you all for being suckers.

I do think many guys in the media hate on the Patriots as an act (Felger most notably), but Faulk looks so much like a baffoon doing so that I can't see it being an act. I have noticed a guy like Mark Schlereth admitting to getting a lot of hate mail by Pats fans and he seems now like he just does things to peiss us off because of it.

But Faulk isn't a particularly intelligent analyst in general. I can't see him pulling it off. He does seem to bring emotion into a lot of things he analyzes and has trouble ever saying anything remotely negative about guys like Peyton Manning or Marvin Harrison even when they deserve it.

Here's the video

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80a6e7af

The segment where they start talking about whether the Jets have caught the Pats start at about 2:35. Faulk actually predicting the Jets winning the division is about 4:05.

i watched it...two points i gotta make...

when rich asked faulk who is going to win the division, and faulk firsts states, "i dotn know" both rich and the other other guy start laughing right at that point...haha

second point...at the beginin of the vid, when mangini greets some players, one of them kinda shakes his hand and responds "good man".....i cannot imagine ANY player calling belichick "man" especially in that setting

hell, when i played high school football, "coach" or "sir" were the words...he said "man" tahts almost more laughable to me then faulk's anual statement

Dumb predictions like these are intended to attract viewers and illicit commentary from fans. Considering that this thread already has nearly 30 responses it seems to indicate that it worked.

Look, anyone with even an infinitesimal knowledge of football knows that the Patriots are overwhelminly superior to the Jests. Frankly, I expect the Tuna-led Dolphins to pose more problems for us this year. I think Farve is overrated at this stage of his career and is moving into a new team and a new system. Even someone with his experience is going to have some transition issues.

I have a feeling O'Neal is going to find a way back to pro-bowl feasting on Farve. I'll take that prediction to the bank ahead of any junk Faulk is peddeling.

Last edited:

and i know i maybe committing sacrilige here but jets have improved this season and they werent as bad as a 4-12 team. in their 2nd game against us they actually gave our offense some problems. so strange things can happen with injuries and bad games in this league.

You see that I just don't know if they really did all that much in the offseason other than get a lot of name in a mediocre free agency period that didn't have any real talent. I think they have improved their team, but most likely to the 8-8 or 9-7 range.

People can say that that is the Patriots homer view, but a 4-6 win increase is a pretty big jump. Even Adam Schein on Sirius NFL Radio who is a big Jets fan is predicting an 8-8 season for them and even says they could lose to Miami week #1. So if a Jets fan in the media is saying the same thing I am, can it be a Pats' homer view?

nfl total access showing the proverbial spygate crap again...:mad:

i watched it...two points i gotta make...

when rich asked faulk who is going to win the division, and faulk firsts states, "i dotn know" both rich and the other other guy start laughing right at that point...haha

second point...at the beginin of the vid, when mangini greets some players, one of them kinda shakes his hand and responds "good man".....i cannot imagine ANY player calling belichick "man" especially in that setting

hell, when i played high school football, "coach" or "sir" were the words...he said "man" tahts almost more laughable to me then faulk's anual statement

The other guy is Terrell Davis just for a heads up. I took his "I don't know" as him really not wanting to look stupid by actually saying the Jets, but then he was goated into it by Eisen and TD.

As for Maningi's relationship with his players, as much as I hate to admit it, he has always been tough on his players. He is closer to Belichick than Pete Carroll in that aspect. He is actually more like Parcells or Weis really because he likes to yell at players. Belichick doesn't.

The thing is that his hatred is towards the Patriots specifically is almost irrelevant. I would feel the same way about him if his hatred was towards the Jets or Miami.

Yeah that was my basic point to. I wonder who else out there he has similar hate for it can't only be the Pats. And not knowing who else it is means nothing he says is worth anything or anything he says is worth nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back