PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 4 vs Atlanta Falcons discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The West Wing has spoiled all future television for me. Hear about how good a program is, then watch it and within moments realise it'll never be as good as TWW and it loses it's appeal.

As for why GOT, fantasy, dragons and t1ts. Simple :)

The comparison of Breaking Bad to a show like the West Wing is insanely laughable, manxman.

Here is a list of fairly credible sources who state that it's the best show in the history of television--at least as far as dramas go:

Six Reasons Why Breaking Bad is the Best Show on Television - Forbes

Breaking Bad is officially the greatest TV show of all time | Metro News

The Case for 'Breaking Bad' as Television's Best Show - Richard Lawson - The Atlantic Wire

CJ's nickname should be Jones Owns or Jones Pwns, depending on which era you were born in.

The Falcons OLine, with all their injuries, cannot block him. I expect he'll have a dominant game coming up either by plethora of hurries/hits/sacks or setting up his teammates to do the same.

I'm liking the pressure that they are getting with the 3 DE package on passing downs. Buchanan has pleasantly surprised me, which shows the irrelevancy of draft order once again.

I still would have liked to have one more capable DL signed prior to the season, but if we can be effective in limited blitzes, we have a shot at getting to Matt Ryan and causing a turnover or two. As we all know, it's not necessarily about the sacks as much as it is the pressure which expedites the play and does not allow for Ryan to find the open receiver.

We'll also know a lot more about Aqib Talib when the next few games are over, as he'll have his hands full with the likes of Julio Jones, AJ Green, and whatever poison the Saints throw at him (Colston I imagine?).

I still would have liked to have one more capable DL signed prior to the season, but if we can be effective in limited blitzes, we have a shot at getting to Matt Ryan and causing a turnover or two. As we all know, it's not necessarily about the sacks as much as it is the pressure which expedites the play and does not allow for Ryan to find the open receiver.

Falcons OL has never been that good. Smith built their team to beat NO, and NO has never had a pass rush, because of this Ryan has been pressured 54% or more of the time he drops back. There OL has ranked #27 in 2011, and #24 in 2012. They dont think its important.

To get you familiar
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...sive-line-survive-the-st-louis-rams-onslaught

their defense is certainly enough to keep our learning curve offense from doing too much.

Their pass defense has been really suspect so far and 5 of their 7 sacks came against the Dolphins borderline bad offensive line (14 sacks allowed in 3 games, t-2nd most in the NFL).

Gronk will be needed for this one in my opinion.

Atlanta is facing a 1-3 start at home on SNF. Their offense is explosive, and their defense is certainly enough to keep our learning curve offense from doing too much.

I hope that we can either force some turnovers or run the ball effectively enough to take some of that pressure off of the offense if Gronk does not return.
ATL needs this game much much more than the pats...which is why i am getting the edge to ATL this week. Hope the pats prove me wrong

and NO has never had a pass rush

Could be a bit different this year with Rob Ryan and his tendency to blitz more. I haven't been following them as closely as some, but their defense seems to be much improved down in N.Orleans. I imagine the game in 3 wks will be pretty tough vs Brees and company.

Their pass defense has been really suspect so far and 5 of their 7 sacks came against the Dolphins borderline bad offensive line (14 sacks allowed in 3 games, t-2nd most in the NFL).

Well, that's good to know. Thanks for the info.

My concern is that just about any defense can look capable vs our training wheel offense though, so I'm hoping that we can get the running game going again and even possibly get #87 back.

Is Gronk playing?

Can Dobson/Thompkins/Boyce/Sudfeld improve over the next 7 days?

I'm not expecting any great improvement in the rookie receivers for a couple games. There will continue to be struggles but foremost we need Gronk back.

Well, that's good to know. Thanks for the info.

My concern is that just about any defense can look capable vs our training wheel offense though, so I'm hoping that we can get the running game going again and even possibly get #87 back.

Ya but let's take a look at the offense show far

That Bills game Pats put up 430 yards of offense and the game was on the verge of a blowout if Ridley didn't fumble.

Jets game, rookie drops really hurt but Rex Ryan's defense has given the Pats trouble in the past and that's when it was one of the greatest offenses ever in the history of the NFL.

TB game, that Bucs defense held NO to 13 points for 59:59, you don't normally see that happen to the Saints.

I just think if the Dobson and Thompkins continue to improve with another week in the NFL and come to play that there will be plays to be made for the Pats offense. Not to mention if they get the huge boost and Gronk is active for the game. Also let's not sleep on Bolden who in his first game of the season went out and had 100 all purpose yards on only 8 touches, probably could have had more and a TD if he didn't slow up on that one play.

The Pats lowest output came against the Jets on a short week against Rex who knows how to defend Brady better or as good as anyone in the league, with Dobson making his first start....etc. Even with that they are averaging 340 YPG (and 19 PPG with many missed opportunities :bricks:). Another full week of practice with or without Gronk will be huge especially going against a defense that is allowing 375 YPG and 24.6 PPG, a PPG average that has gone up each week. Atlanta's defense is not very good.

Yeah, they played NO and allowed 23, but then followed that up with 24 to StL and 27 to MIA. Ironically they allowed 27 PPG on just 285 yards against MIA. In the other two games they allowed over 400 yards.

The system I use as a tool in the arsenal to....ah....pick winners in the office pool...yeah...office pool...has the Pats winning by 3 (22 - 19).

The system I use as a tool in the arsenal to....ah....pick winners in the office pool...yeah...office pool...has the Pats winning by 3 (22 - 19).

After 3 weeks of parity and close games (too much parity for my liking), I wish that you'd share said "office pool system." ;)

Even sticking with all of the golden rules such as never give more than a FG on the road, take the points when in doubt, keep your magic numbers (3,4,6,7) in mind, etc I am not off to the best start....

I see a certain London game this week that is stuck at zero/pick that I think may be one of the better plays of the year, so I'm hoping that may change things around a bit.

Good thread. Some insightful posts, especially from residents of the Peach State.

I checked this morning and the spread favors the Falcons by 1 1/2. Whenever Vegas takes the Home Team by less than three points, it usually means that the House thinks the Visitor would have a slight edge but for the Home Field advantage.

In this case, that might actually be right.

My biggest worry about Sunday is that the 1--2 Falcons are going to feel like they are playing for their Season after picking up an unexpected L in Miami. They will be on their own turf and don't want to lose touch with the Saints, who are probably going to bring the Dolphins down to earth on Monday night to go 4--0, and, most importantly, they want to remain competitive for the Wild Card.

Sunday marks the start of Bye's when the season will be 25% over for most teams; we're into October next week and things will start to sort out among the teams that are in the playoff picture, those that are trying to figure out a way to get back into that picture and those who are already looking towards next season. 1--3 definitely puts a team at best in the second group and maybe the third.

I don't have a good feeling about this one, but, right now today, I think that Brady will figure out a way to win it.

I like our chances I think we can hold our own. Injuries are obviously a key here for both sides. Not to rush him back but if able to go Gronk would be a plus not only his play but opening up and takin some pressure off Dobson & Thompkins. If Gronk can't go AD & KT need to focus with Road Sunday Nite Prime Time Game not let it be too big for them and having played vs Jets on a Thurs Nite Game having some success last week should be positive for their confidence.

After 3 weeks of parity and close games (too much parity for my liking), I wish that you'd share said "office pool system." ;)

Even sticking with all of the golden rules such as never give more than a FG on the road, take the points when in doubt, keep your magic numbers (3,4,6,7) in mind, etc I am not off to the best start....

I see a certain London game this week that is stuck at zero/pick that I think may be one of the better plays of the year, so I'm hoping that may change things around a bit.

Has the Vikes as -3.85.

Vikings: 25.04
Steelers: 21.19

It is solely statistical, doesn't account for injuries, weather etc...and at its core it is based on the last four games. I am a week premature with it, but had the itch to get it going this year so I dusted it off a little early.

Seriously, you can't skip ONE day to make it to the ONE Pats game held in your area? If you had midterms or finals I would understand, but come on, how bad will missing 1 day of classes hurt your grades, if any? :)

!

Yes, it must be odd being a fan of a team while living in the area of a non-conference team. That means your favorite team comes around ONCE every EIGHT years! I'd skip school

Yes, it must be odd being a fan of a team while living in the area of a non-conference team. That means your favorite team comes around ONCE every EIGHT years! I'd skip school

Can't blame the guy for being dedicated to his education. That said, unless I had an exam or a presentation, I would absolutely skip as well.

Unfortunately that is the boat I'm sailing in also (living in the area of a non-conference team). However, I guess I should be thankful for having a steady job instead of whining about the location. ;)

Luckily, my sweet wife got us tickets, and we will be driving up to Atlanta (and staying near the stadium). I'm pretty excited!!:D:rocker::singing::whoo::eat2:

I'm not sure if I can figure out how to post very effectively on my I-phone, but I'll try if possible.

Unfortunately that is the boat I'm sailing in also (living in the area of a non-conference team). However, I guess I should be thankful for having a steady job instead of whining about the location. ;)

Luckily, my sweet wife got us tickets, and we will be driving up to Atlanta (and staying near the stadium). I'm pretty excited!!:D:rocker::singing::whoo::eat2:

I'm not sure if I can figure out how to post very effectively on my I-phone, but I'll try if possible.

I saw tickets for under $100 on stubhub. If it wasn't a night game I'd consider driving up from NOLA.

It's funny that you couldn't get into The Wire or Breaking bad but you could get into GoT.

Top 3 in order, IMO:

The Wire
BB
GoT

My top 3:

The Wire

Deadwood

Game of Thrones

Breaking Bad is good but I just started watching it on netflix and haven't had time to get past season 1 yet. I am guessing it will be top 5 or better when I am done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents