PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 4 vs Atlanta Falcons discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking bad series finale is on during the pats game :eek:

WHY do they have to play sunday night. IDK what I am going to do :confused:

You half to go with the Pats in this situation, what came into you life first Breaking bad or the Patriots. But breaking bad is a good show it will definitely be DVRing at my house.

Believe me, if I live relatively close to Atlanta I would :D

Problem is, parking there is horrendous during Falcon games (not Gillette bad, but still bad) and Augusta isn't exactly close to Atlanta. It's about 3 hours with normal traffic. Left the Kenny Chesney concert from the Dome back in August around 10:30 and didn't get home until about 3 in the morning.

Oh well, I'll be able to enjoy the game nonetheless and then enjoy my bed there after :nod:

There should be satellite parking at the outskirts of town and you can take Marta right to the stadium.

Thats what I used to do when I lived there. No tailgating though.

Am I the only one who doesn't fear the falcons? I don't think I ever have. They try to be balanced and actually run the ball too often. It really helps that roddy white is banged up because we can shut down team's #1 wideout(jones) when that is our goal. In years past we stopped megatron and fitzgerald.

We are also pretty good at stopping the run and we might not even have to face jackson. I'm well aware we could lose, but I truly feel that as long as our rookie receivers show up we'll be okay.

The team I want no part of is the saints. I felt it in my gut that they were going to destroy us in 09 and that feeling isn't completely gone.

I wouldn't be fearing them if the offense wasn't going through its growing pains. Due to that alone, things are a bit different than in past years.

Even in the past couple/few seasons though, going down to ATL would've been a concern for me. This specific game is a bit more concerning due to the situation at hand.

Atlanta pass defense so far

296 ypg/a
65.6 % completion
7 TD 3 INT
96.9 QB rating

Looks like a statline of the '11 Pats defense.

Atlanta is definitely going to be tough and on another level compared to the teams we faced.

But our rookies and our team is also getting better each week, and will be even better this coming Sunday. I'm not sure if they're quite ready for the big lights yet, but we did see some things in the Bucs game especially in the 2nd quarter that shows they can be pretty devastating when clicking.

Now it's more about learning how to do that consistently. Not sure how much of that we will see on Sunday, but if it's more than we did this past Sunday, then things are going well.

The bigger test I really think will come for our D to prove they are better than last year, since Matt, and his 2 stud receivers are the real deal and that O-line typically buys him enough time to do his thing. Someone other than Talib will have to step up and play as good as he has so far this year. And our D line will have to push and continue winning those one on one battles.

Can't wait for this one. Let's make it 4-0!

Breaking bad series finale is on during the pats game :eek:

WHY do they have to play sunday night. IDK what I am going to do :confused:

One of my favorite pastimes is equating players on this team with the cast of that show >_>

Did u catch any of their game against the doofins???? They kept shooting themselves in the foot....should have won the game at fhe end but choked it away. This team (atl) is not well coached imho and Matty Ice has defrosted a bit. He is still a very good QB...but just can't close them out the way he used to. Now, J Jones is tough....and not sure when they get Roddy back?.....Snelling is good...but not better than anything we have faced already......Toughest thing this week is it is an away game against a team that should be pretty red ***ed that they lost to Miami.....their crowd is always IN the game.....But I like the Pats chances in the dome....with very fast receivers.....now lets hope they can keep holding onto the ball and stay on same page with TFB!!! Our D will be ready to go!!!! GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am delighted that the Pats are 3--0 and, as I have stated out here a few times in the last couple of days, no one will ask how they got to that record at the end of the season. The point is that they are undefeated after three weeks for the first time in several years. Let's just enjoy it! In addition, the Pats young receivers had an extended chance to get on the same page with a visibly frustrated Tom Brady (who, as he usually does, figured out how to win anyway with the help of a solid D) and it gave Gronk almost an extra month to get healthy.

That said, after being gifted by the scheduling gods with an extended preseason with their first three games against mediocre teams, including two at home, IMO, the Pats real season starts next Sunday night in Atlanta when they face one of the "Final Four" from last year's playoffs. The Falcons will play like their season is on the line (which it indeed might well be) in order to avoid falling to 1--3. This time next week, we'll know a lot more about both teams.

You half to go with the Pats in this situation, what came into you life first Breaking bad or the Patriots. But breaking bad is a good show it will definitely be DVRing at my house.

i will be steaming the pats on my comp while watching BB.. At least some of BB will be during the 15 min half time

People who say Atlanta fans are more interested in college football are not kidding.

ESPN's national ratings for college football are pretty interesting. There's Birmingham in Alabama that averages an 8.0 for college football, and then the second place city is Greenville NC at 4.0. I hesitate to call Greenville a city. After that you have a bunch of burgs, and only one metropolitan area: Atlanta. They are near Greenville at 3.0. After that, there is no big city in the top 20 until you hit Orlando.

This means that Atlanta is the epicenter of college football interest of any NFL city in the USA.

Falcons fans seem pretty confident. Apparently the easy part of the schedule is coming up for them.

Easiest Games Coming Against N. E. And Panthers - Talk About the Falcons - Falcons Life Forums

well if you read all the posts that followed this one, they seem to have great respect for Brady & BB. some snippts here..

"Wait, a NE team who is 3-0 and about to get Gronk and possibly Amendola back next week are easy. LOL."

"Oh yeah, the Patriots defense is only giving up 11.3 points/game this year on defense"

"LOL ! exactly Brady & Co will carve us up real nice!!! BILL BILLICHICK is coowner of FALCONS with PEYTON. They got Smitty by balls! & there's nothing he can do about it."

"Brady is all about SILENT KILL! He's surgical & methodical in what he does.....come sunday night he will show this falcon nation what he's all about. I seriously hope Im wrong & this team turns things around starting with SMitty. But I simply don't think it's a quick fix solution to this mess which Smitty has created over the years. "

They seem to have a fear/respect for the pats and dare I say, better opinions than some of the folks here ;)

I started wondering at some point if there are real falcons fans or pats fans in disguise :eek: :D

Program alert: MIA-ATL on NFLN; Tue 2-3:30

Tue 2pm

For those with nothing better to do on a beautiful fall day. Replay of Sunday's game.

Last edited:
i will be steaming the pats on my comp while watching BB.. At least some of BB will be during the 15 min half time

That's true halftime will help allot.

Re: Program alert: MIA-ATL on NFLN; Tue 2-3:30

Go to work, Rico. :snob:

I haven't read this thread yet, so my apologies if this is repetitive, but ESPN has just reported that Jackson will be out for another 2-3 weeks.

well if you read all the posts that followed this one, they seem to have great respect for Brady & BB. some snippts here..

They seem to have a fear/respect for the pats and dare I say, better opinions than some of the folks here ;)

I started wondering at some point if there are real falcons fans or pats fans in disguise :eek: :D

Hmmm. Their OL has a lot of weaknesses? If that's the case, I want to see a heavy dose of Nink-Jones-Kelly-Buchanan on passing downs.

I'll be doing the same thing. Breaking Bad will definitely be on at my house and I'll be following the Pats game online.

I'll be doing the same thing. Breaking Bad will definitely be on at my house and I'll be following the Pats game online.

I couldn't possibly imagine trying to focus on both myself.

If it were a normal episode that occurred every Sunday night that'd be one thing, but trying to focus on the series finale during the Patriots game would be difficult.

I'll be staying away from social media and watching it on the DVR directly after the game. Great show, and Eastbound and down + Homeland also return on Sunday night to boot. My DVR will be smoking by the end of the night.

I couldn't possibly imagine trying to focus on both myself.

If it were a normal episode that occurred every Sunday night that'd be one thing, but trying to focus on the series finale during the Patriots game would be difficult.

I'll be staying away from social media and watching it on the DVR directly after the game. Great show, and Eastbound and down + Homeland also return on Sunday night to boot. My DVR will be smoking by the end of the night.

I don't have DVR. I opted not to because it was a cheaper package. I'd have to wait a week for it come out OnDemand and, well, that ain't happenin'. :D

Hmmm. Their OL has a lot of weaknesses? If that's the case, I want to see a heavy dose of Nink-Jones-Kelly-Buchanan on passing downs.

Buchanan is looking like a nice pick so far. I'm loving our own little version of the (almost) Nascar package. Good pressure with those 3 DE's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes