PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 4 vs Atlanta Falcons discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have DVR. I opted not to because it was a cheaper package I'd have to wait a week for it come out OnDemand and, well, that ain't happenin'. :D

Yeah, all that stuff adds up so I don't blame you. That makes sense then, I wouldn't miss a show of that caliber, and like you said I sure as hell wouldn't wait a full week for it to air on demand. I'm worried about someone ruining it for me in the 3 hr window until the game is over, let alone trying to wait a week.

It may be the best drama ever in the history of television, although the middle aged crowd could point to M.A.S.H. as the only real threat aside from maybe the Sopranos.

Yeah, all that stuff adds up so I don't blame you. That makes sense then, I wouldn't miss a show of that caliber, and like you said I sure as hell wouldn't wait a full week for it to air on demand. I'm worried about someone ruining it for me in the 3 hr window until the game is over, let alone trying to wait a week.

It may be the best drama ever in the history of television, although the middle aged crowd could point to M.A.S.H. as the only real threat aside from maybe the Sopranos.

Not to de-rail the thread, but I watched the first five seasons on Netflix in a month just to catch up to the new episodes. I'm absolutely hooked. I'm also devastated that it's ending, but there are still good shows on. Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy, Eastbound is coming back, Ray Donovan, Always Sunny, and that mob show about Mickey Cohen coming to TNT with Shane from Walking Dead in it. Southland got cancelled so that sucks, but still a lot of good TV on.

Seriously, you can't skip ONE day to make it to the ONE Pats game held in your area? If you had midterms or finals I would understand, but come on, how bad will missing 1 day of classes hurt your grades, if any? :)

Thanks for the local perspective. I am really looking forward to this matchup since a former Patriots guy in Dmitroff, built up the Falcons to face up against our team. It looks like it will be a great matchup between two strong teams. This should be a better measure for the Pats than their previous three games and hopefully we can reach the 4-0 mark once all is said and done!

And you really wouldn't even have to miss the whole day. Just skip the classes that start before 10 am...... This is a no brianer. If tickets are available get some!

West Wing. End discussion.

The Wire is the best show ever to be on television. I present this not as my opinion, but as an objective statement of fact.

The Wire is the best show ever to be on television. I present this not as my opinion, but as an objective statement of fact.

I couldn't get past the first episode of either The Wire or Breaking Bad or "The Dire" and "Breaking! (It's) Bad" as I call them. OK, made that last bit up, wasn't sold on either but mean to give both another go. Still got Game of Thrones to look forward to though.

I couldn't get past the first episode of either The Wire or Breaking Bad or "The Dire" and "Breaking! (It's) Bad" as I call them. OK, made that last bit up, wasn't sold on either but mean to give both another go. Still got Game of Thrones to look forward to though.

Stick with both. They both get a lot better.

Falcons are pretty good. We should beat them. Next thread!

It's funny that you couldn't get into The Wire or Breaking bad but you could get into GoT.

Top 3 in order, IMO:

The Wire
BB
GoT

The Big Bang Theory

Two and a Half Men

Anything beyond season 4 of Dexter

Not to de-rail the thread, but I watched the first five seasons on Netflix in a month just to catch up to the new episodes. I'm absolutely hooked. I'm also devastated that it's ending, but there are still good shows on. Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy, Eastbound is coming back, Ray Donovan, Always Sunny, and that mob show about Mickey Cohen coming to TNT with Shane from Walking Dead in it. Southland got cancelled so that sucks, but still a lot of good TV on.

Remove The Walking Dead, replace with The Bridge. +EV.

FWIW, I had trouble getting through the first season of Breaking Bad. It was good, but it didn't hook me at all. Then I kept watching and now I think it's the best show ever. In hindsight, the whole purpose of the first season was just to set up later seasons, which strikes me as kinda risky, but it definitely paid off.

GoT is still my #1, but admittedly I might be a little biased on that one, since I've been all-in on that series for about 15 years.

It's funny that you couldn't get into The Wire or Breaking bad but you could get into GoT.

Top 3 in order, IMO:

The Wire
BB
GoT

The Big Bang Theory

Two and a Half Men

Anything beyond season 4 of Dexter

The West Wing has spoiled all future television for me. Hear about how good a program is, then watch it and within moments realise it'll never be as good as TWW and it loses it's appeal.

As for why GOT, fantasy, dragons and t1ts. Simple :)

I thought this was a Pats vs Atlanta discussion thread :)

I'm really intrigued to see how chandler jones performs against a pure pocket passer like matt ryan. cj*(He needs a nickname) has gotten good pressure on three mobile qbs.

Never seen lost I assume?

I'm really intrigued to see how chandler jones performs against a pure pocket passer like matt ryan. cj*(He needs a nickname) has gotten good pressure on three mobile qbs.
CJ's nickname should be Jones Owns or Jones Pwns, depending on which era you were born in.

The Falcons OLine, with all their injuries, cannot block him. I expect he'll have a dominant game coming up either by plethora of hurries/hits/sacks or setting up his teammates to do the same.

Never seen lost I assume?

You mean the show where they had to explain what the hell was going on using subtitles at the bottom of the screen in the mid-seasons?

Getting to know the Atlanta Falcons - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

THREE PLAYERS TO KNOW, OFFENSE
1. QB Matt Ryan. A legitimate franchise quarterback, the Falcons’ commitment to Ryan was reinforced this offseason when they extended his contract and paid him a boatload to remain as the centerpiece of their organization. He has a powerful arm, terrific accuracy, an abundance of intelligence and is a natural leader. The former Boston College Eagle has all the requisite tools to lead this team for many years to come and will put stress on any defense he faces.

2. WR Julio Jones/WR Roddy White. This two-headed monster is off to a bit of a slow start because White has been dealing with a high-ankle sprain, but any defense that lets up on this duo at all will pay in a big way. White is a ferocious route-runner with competitive catch skills and the zip to work down the field vertically as well, while Jones has track speed and big-play ability that has tormented defenses already this season. Tackling Jones is a difficult chore, and the Patriots must be ready to put an umbrella on him, as he’ll get behind a safety before a defensive coordinator can even blink.

3. TE Tony Gonzalez. An ageless wonder, Gonzalez has been the gold standard among pass-catching tight ends for a significant stretch of his career. While not the same athlete he was early on in his playing days, Gonzalez is an exceptional middle-of-the-field threat who has rare hands -- throw it his way, he’ll catch it. The Patriots must be on alert for this sure-fire Hall of Famer when Atlanta gets into the red zone; Gonzalez is lethal there.

THREE PLAYERS TO KNOW, DEFENSE
1. S William Moore/S Thomas DeCoud. It isn’t always a good thing when your safeties are among your leading tacklers, but that’s not a knock on DeCoud and Moore, a pair of physical starters that Atlanta counts on to form its defensive rearguard. Both can affect the game as run and pass defenders, with each also playing a physical brand of football that many receivers don’t like to come across. The Falcons are really beaten up in their front seven, but Moore and DeCoud quarterback the secondary.

2. CB Desmond Trufant/CB Robert Alford. Brent Grimes left Atlanta to sign with Miami this offseason, and cornerback vaulted toward the top of the Falcons’ needs (it might well have been a top need even if Grimes had stayed). So Dimitroff took a pair of cornerbacks with his first two picks in this year’s draft. The early results have included some positive plays, as Alford snagged an interception in his season debut, while Trufant has been a starter in each game as well. Former Patriot Asante Samuel rounds out the team’s top trio of cornerbacks.

3. DT Corey Peters. It’s hard to miss the big-bodied Peters in the middle of the Falcons' defensive front, as the fourth-year pro is a disruptive interior presence who helps to build the first wall of run defense. Given the numerous injuries Atlanta has dealt with already this season, they’ll need the 6-foot-3, 305-pounder to hold his ground in the middle. Thus far he’s been up to the task, with 12 tackles through three games.

OTHER NOTES: The Falcons have been decimated by injuries, as top linebacker Sean Weatherspoon is on injured reserve with the designation to return, while stud defensive end Kroy Biermann, offensive tackle Mike Johnson and fullback Bradie Ewing are among those who are out for the season. ... Starting left tackle Sam Baker joined Jackson among the key offensive contributors to miss Week 3. ... The Falcons are a tough out in their own building, winning 12 of their past 13 regular-season home contests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft