PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI: Randy Moss/ownership were at odds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WEEI:Randy moss/ownership were at odds

I love Kraft for everythign he has done for this team, but I hope he isn't dusting off the old Tebucky Jones stop-watch.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Krafts were embarrassed by Randy's sideline antics before the Miami game on top of what he did at the kickoff gala and the Cincy press conference debacle. I wouldn't blame them for getting jittery.

I really, really hope that that's not the case. If it is, then that would just be dumb.

What a newsflash. Googoorerian strings together a few things we already know and gives the theory.

I think I've figured out the Moss/management rift. It's kind of complicated, so pay attention.

He wanted them to give him a huge, long term deal. They didn't want to.

Last edited:

Don't forget Moss was supposed to be at the Raytheon table when he pulled his act this summer ... that had to have front office ramifications. disrespecting Bob Kraft in front of the Raytheon people.

Last edited:

If this is true then it's as immature as demanding a public apology from Mankins when a deal was set. Maybe Jonathan Kraft, not Bob, is having a bigger influence on operations.

So is Belichick more mgmt or players...??? I dont get it , if Kraft has given full control over football decisions to BB.. Then why give up Moss???

Don't forget Moss was supposed to be at the Raytheon table when he pulled his act this summer ... that had to have front office ramifications. disrespecting Bob Kraft in front of the Raytheon people.

If that had anything at all to do with why Moss was traded, then that's an epic fail on the Pats' part. I don't think that it did, but I'd be pretty pissed if we found out otherwise.

If that had anything at all to do with why Moss was traded, then that's an epic fail on the Pats' part. I don't think that it did, but I'd be pretty pissed if we found out otherwise.

Well we heard reports that Moss skipped out on a charity dinner and it really peeved the owners (most likely Jonathan Kraft). Then we hear that Mankins was ready to sign a deal but it fell through because ownership demanded a public apology.

There seems to be a spitefulness from management that wasn't there before. I don't know how much it may be related to Robert letting his son run things.

This is exactly why I have never liked the krafts.

Todos hablan de cómo Randy Moss le va a ayudar a Brett Favre y la anémica ofensiva aérea de los Vikingos, pero creo que, si enfocamos bien, encontraremos a los verdaderos beneficiarios de este sonado canje: los Patriotas.

Considera éste uno más en la larga lista de movimientos maestros del coach Bill Belichick.
Tras mandar al fosforescente Moss de regreso a Minnesota (los Patriotas no iban a renovarle el contrato, eso estaba claro desde hace meses), Belichick no tenía la mente en el presente, sino en el futuro.

Last edited:
Nur Stress mit Moss und Mankins

Ganz ungewohnt geht es bei den New England Patriots zu. Öffentlich werden nun die Vertragsstreitigkeiten zwischen dem Team und OG Logan Mankins ausgetragen.

Nachdem Mankins gerade Reportern offenbarte, dass die Patriots einen Deal zurückgezogen haben, da er sich nicht ein zweites Mal entschuldigen wollte, bestreitet nun Teambesitzer Robert Kraft, dass es überhaupt eine Einigung gegeben habe. Und auch die Kommentare von WR Randy Moss, dass man ihn scheinbar in New England nicht genug will, blieben nicht ungehört.

Last edited:

Well we heard reports that Moss skipped out on a charity dinner and it really peeved the owners (most likely Jonathan Kraft). Then we hear that Mankins was ready to sign a deal but it fell through because ownership demanded a public apology.
We also heard reports that that was a complete load of crap. I guess you just have to decide whom to believe. Speaking for myself, I believe the story I find most believable and I don't find it terribly believable that the deal was 100% finalized, ready and good to go but broke down over an apology.
There seems to be a spitefulness from management that wasn't there before. I don't know how much it may be related to Robert letting his son run things.
Um, what exactly do you mean when you say there is a "spitefulness from management that wasn't there before"...? Before what? I find the Mankins and Moss moves to be completely in line with everything we've seen since the Belichick era began. See Terry Glenn, Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, Deion Branch, Richard Seymour and Asante Samuel for further examples.

Last edited:
Yeah what a bunch of bungholes they are. Taking a franchise that was the biggest joke in the NFL and already packing their bags for St. Louis, and turning them into a dominant power year in and year out. Nothing says epic fail like 5 Conference Champsionships and 3 Super Bowl Championships! I wish we never lost Victor Kiam or James Busch Orthwein! :rolleyes:

(Why do I have a feeling you don't even have a first clue who either of those men are without googling them?)

Last edited:

I don't know how many posts I've read of yours recently that have just totally blasted both management and the owners with one little sentence. I'm no homer but I do remember being a fan of this team when they were owned by Kiam and they really really were horrible. The Kraft's buy the team invest in management from the time of Parcells, invest in players like when Bledsoe renewed his contract, invest in a new stadium with their own money, and then turn the fortunes of this team totally around to become the most successful nfl team since 2001.

It's unbelievable that we have a fanbase who doesn't give credit where it's due. The Kraft's were integral in making this a winning franchise and one that need I remind everyone stayed in New England instead of moving out of town. But fans like you, who after trading a favorite player now stand up here and say, this is why I never liked the owners...

I'm sure you enjoyed all those years when the team was winning superbowls but hey, the Kraft's had nothing to do with that, of course not... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah what a bunch of bungholes they are. Taking a franchise that was the biggest joke in the NFL and already packing their bags for St. Louis, and turning them into a dominant power year in and year out. Nothing says epic fail like 5 Conference Champsionships and 3 Super Bowl Championships! I wish we never lost Victor Kiam or James Busch Orthwein! :rolleyes:

(Why do I have a feeling you don't even have a first clue who either of those men are without googling them?)

Never mind having donated millions of dollars to charity. I'd like to know what the hell teenduh has ever done since she became a Pats fan in 2001 or 2007. First person added to my ignore list in months.

I can accept that fans have hopped on since the start of the dynasty (it happens), but jesus, learn some of the team history. The Krafts saved the Patriots and, more than that, turned them into probably one of the most important teams in the history of the NFL.

Let me repeat: The...Krafts...saved...the...Patriots. Without the Krafts, there are no New England Patriots.

This sounds very Borgesesque to this casual viewer, tuned in to EEI yesterday PM with Glenn Ordway, seeking more insight as a day was removed for this trad... all I heard was a lot of overtalk and the azzclown Borges reiterating the same theory.. it passed his litmus test, if it makes sense to him it makes sense to us all, other information is not important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back