PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI: Randy Moss/ownership were at odds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can accept that fans have hopped on since the start of the dynasty (it happens), but jesus, learn some of the team history. The Krafts saved the Patriots and, more than that, turned them into probably one of the most important teams in the history of the NFL.

Let me repeat: The...Krafts...saved...the...Patriots. Without the Krafts, there are no New England Patriots.

Who is this Kraft you speak of....

Oh....

3124.jpg

mmmm.....cheeeze

Re: WEEI:Randy moss/ownership were at odds

Don't forget Moss was supposed to be at the Raytheon table when he pulled his act this summer ... that had to have front office ramifications. disrespecting Bob Kraft in front of the Raytheon people.

God forbid Randy not cowtow to "the Raytheon people." I'm absolutely shocked. :rolleyes: He may have been required to make an appearance at the event, but he had no obligation to even give these stuffed shirt corporate lemmings the time of day.

This suggests to me that it was Kraft who made the final decision about Moss's future with the Pats. Belichick wouldn't bat an eyelash over this type of thing. So it does raise the possibility that Belichick is not receiving the same level of deference as he once did.

Don't forget Moss was supposed to be at the Raytheon table when he pulled his act this summer ... that had to have front office ramifications. disrespecting Bob Kraft in front of the Raytheon people.

This is way over blown. Maybe he had a migraine or a back spasm or something else and politely excused himself explaining that he had to stand and moved off to the side. We have no idea if this an issue or not.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Krafts were embarrassed by Randy's sideline antics before the Miami game on top of what he did at the kickoff gala and the Cincy press conference debacle. I wouldn't blame them for getting jittery.

Sideline antics?? Did I miss something?

I get kick out of moss defenders/apologists

The moment they traded for him, it was pretty clear that this would happen quickly if he acted out.

His history dictates that he has always been a **** head and always be a **** head. Just another prima Donna WR.

Shame on all of you for falling in love with the stripper

It is idiotic to blame anyone but moss for how this ended which happens to be the way everything ends with him

Last edited:

Sideline antics?? Did I miss something?

He was whipping the team up during the national anthem. High treason.

It seems to me that there may be an explanation for the Moss trade that no one is discussing - maybe the decision to trade Randy Moss was by mutual agreement.

Consider this, as a team the Patriots are moving towards a more diverse offense because of their new talented receiver corps; other teams had refined their defensive schemes to limit Randy's effectiveness, resulting in Brady "forcing" passes; Randy Moss needs a big year, in number of catches, yards, and touchdowns, in order to get his next and probably last big contract; Because of a changing offense it was obvious to everyone that Moss' role had changed, and although Brady would always take a peek at the big play, Moss was becoming more of a decoy to draw the double coverage and take both a CB and Safety out of a play; and it makes sense that Patriots management would not be willing to commit to a mega-contract for a player whose role was being diminished. It appears to me that the Patriots and Randy Moss saw that their respective goals and objectives were different, therefore it was better to gracefully separate now rather then let the situation deteriorate as the season progressed.

My basic premise is that maybe there is no bad guy in this situation. We all are stunned by Moss' departure, but it might be in the best interest of everybody invilved.

This is way over blown. Maybe he had a migraine or a back spasm or something else and politely excused himself explaining that he had to stand and moved off to the side. We have no idea if this an issue or not.

Ummm he was wearing headphones while Mr. Kraft was speaking ... do your homework.

I love how a bunch of (mainly male) football fans really, REALLY want to know the inside scoop of the Moss situation.

This isn't the Entertainment Network and football fans aren't/shouldn't want to hear all the gossip. But here we have a zillion PatsFans trying to come up "The Theory" that sheds the light on the Moss trade.

Guess what fans? Some things we don't have a right to know. And the details of the Moss are trade are just one of them. Getting angry and pouty for weeks just isn't "man-like"...let's get with it folks!:rolleyes:

It Is What It Is Randy Moss, ownership were at odds

maybe this is the explanation which bb refused to give today in the presser...

Maybe you are clueless and grasping for straws as usual.

Obviously Moss was not going to get a big contract and it was best for all parties for him to be traded.

Moss was talking bad about the organization and acting very childish at the charity gig and being an open distraction from week one in the season so he got traded.

Well we heard reports that Moss skipped out on a charity dinner and it really peeved the owners (most likely Jonathan Kraft). Then we hear that Mankins was ready to sign a deal but it fell through because ownership demanded a public apology.

There seems to be a spitefulness from management that wasn't there before. I don't know how much it may be related to Robert letting his son run things.

Clueless fanboy.

Why would management not be annoyed at Moss for not honoring his commitments. They paid him 20 million bucks.

You got the Mankins story backwards.

Trading Moss was the correct thing to do to avoid distractions and we move on. Except for the whiny fanboys.

God forbid Randy not cowtow to "the Raytheon people." I'm absolutely shocked. :rolleyes: He may have been required to make an appearance at the event, but he had no obligation to even give these stuffed shirt corporate lemmings the time of day.

This suggests to me that it was Kraft who made the final decision about Moss's future with the Pats. Belichick wouldn't bat an eyelash over this type of thing. So it does raise the possibility that Belichick is not receiving the same level of deference as he once did.

And now we start the fanboy consipiracy theories. :rolleyes:

From the way Burton and the other former Patriots portrayed it, these events are contractually mandatory. Raytheon actually pays big bucks to have Randy Moss sit at their table (crazy, I know). Randy might be getting a cut of that take outright.

Now, since it's part of the contract, Randy is obligated by his employer no matter what. Some of Randy's money comes directly from the team sponsorships that make the Patriots a profitable operation.

Now, we don't know how that $$ is cut up. If Kraft is pocketing all of it, and not giving any to the players, it is questionable IMO. The players are paid according to TV and ticket revenue. That's what sets the salary cap.

I don't know what the rules are for team sponsorships. They may share the $$ with the players, and they may not.

Either way, Moss is obligated to be there BUT if Kraft is pocketing all of it, then it's questionable on his part too.

Your statements here don't even make sense. The Raytheon event was from a couple months ago. So to use that as the basis for a sudden trade in October just isn't logical.

What makes the most sense is that something happened more recently than that, i.e. during the season or during the Miami game. Now maybe if Moss had been the perfect teammate for the past 4 weeks that would support the notion that the Raytheon incident was a key factor. But we have multiple, reliable reports that that wasn't even remotely the case.

Your statements here don't even make sense. The Raytheon event was from a couple months ago. So to use that as the basis for a sudden trade in October just isn't logical.
What makes the most sense is that something happened more recently than that, i.e. during the season or during the Miami game. Now maybe if Moss had been the perfect teammate for the past 4 weeks that would support the notion that the Raytheon incident was a key factor. But we have multiple, reliable reports that that wasn't even remotely the case.

I was responding to the poster who implied that one of the big reasons for this trade was the Raytheon "diss." If in fact this is true (which we don't know)my point about Kraft being a bigger force in all this than BB still stands.

Honestly, I agree with the poster above that this trade was ultimately in the best interests of both parties. It is just such a huge WTF event when you give up a player of Moss's caliber that people naturally want the real scoop.

And now we start the fanboy consipiracy theories. :rolleyes:

How many times have you used the word fanboy today? It speaks volumes to your level of intelligence that you use this term simply for people who have opinions you don't agree with.

How 'bout we try this? Why don't you explain to me why posting about Kraft's and Belichick's respective roles in the decision to trade Moss makes one a "fanboy." Actually, I'm curious: explain what is a fanboy? I'm dying to hear what you have to say.

This is exactly why I have never liked the krafts.

Compared to past management/owners, they are very very good. Even compared to other owners today, they are very good.

If you have not already done so, I encourage you to read some of the books available about the history of the patriots... it's an eye opener for anyone that isn't old enough to be a long time fan.

I have been very critical of the Kraft's perceived "cheapness", but in all seriousness, does anyone remember what this team was like before Bob took it over? Let me tell you, it wasn't a lot of fun and we were not expected to win like we are now. Bob Kraft has totally turned this team around. Everyone knows about Moss and his antics when things aren't going his way. It was time to cut the chord and I applaud this team for pulling the plug. I'm not sure if people realize how difficult it is to field a playoff caliber team year after year in today's NFL. We, Pitt, and Indy probably have the best management teams in football. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back