PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI: Callahan leaving D&C for Big Show? (Mod Edit) Political Flame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there's that pesky thing called the Constitution that says any one of us can talk about politics all we want.

There are plenty of options available to anyone willing to pay $10 a month. If you want free radio, your options are going to be limited.

Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. Especially when people tune in to listen to SPORTS TALK. For instance, people don't usually tune into Glen Beck or Michael Savage because they expect those two to veer off the road in which their programs were designed and start talking about sports. Therefore, your "point", if you can call it that, is assanine.

I actually wish you guys were talking about how rusty Tom Brady looks, our sucky defense and how BB lost his mojo.....

Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. Especially when people tune in to listen to SPORTS TALK.
But that's the point I am making. If you want pure SPORTS TALK, don't tune in to WEEI from 6-10 in the morning. They never claimed to be 100% sports talk. They openly advertise themselves as being a radio talk show about politics, current events as well as sports.

They are what they are, and they don't claim to be anything else. It seems the only people mad about it are those who disagree with their views. Meanwhile the rest of us who are more level headed simply change stations without complaining.
For instance, people don't usually tune into Glen Beck or Michael Savage because they expect those two to veer off the road in which their programs were designed and start talking about sports. Therefore, your "point", if you can call it that, is assanine.
Your inability to understand my point does not make the point asinine.

Last edited:
Re: WEEI: Callahan leaving D&C for bigshow?

It has been going on for 10 years and is one of their highest rated segments.

And I agree with their viewpoints on most subjects.
Yeah and "Days of Our Lives" has lasted decades.

To each their own I guess. Sigh.

J D Sal

Well, I wonder how he'll fit his bloated ego in with the other bloated egos...

It got to the point I was looking forward to the incessant commercial breaks on every show but Dale and Holly's.

And then I had an epiphany!

"I HATE THESE GUYS!" and then I stopped listening to them. And I was happier.

The End.

Who can jog further: Don Imus or Rush Limbaugh?

And also, who do you like more? Rush or Primus. I prefer Primus because you know, Rush comes from somewhere different.

Last edited:

Who can jo further: Don Imus or Rush Limbaugh?

And also, who do you like more? Rush or Primus. I prefer Primus because you know, Rush comes from somewhere different.

I'm gonna go with Primus as well, Patjew. Totally underrated.

I'm gonna go with Primus as well, Patjew. Totally underrated.

That's what I'm talking about. Not only is Primus witty, they have good chops and I prefer their stance on the on whole late term abortion for hamsters issue.

My first reaction was to either close the thread or move it to the POLITICAL FORUM. But, I'm not going to to do that right now. I'm going to leave it up as a shining example of what not to post on the football forum.

I'll see if I can help you out.

I am pro-death penalty when it comes to bear attacks.

I too like Primus.

Not as big on Unicron, though.

I too like Primus.

Unicorns bleed rainbows.

My wife and I went to the Horde festival in 1997. We wanted to see Neil Young. Primus was there too, which we liked. She was 8 months pregnant with our first kid. We had lawn seats. When Primus came on people lost their poop and started moshing all over the place. One kid crashed into my wife and she yelled at him and scared the hell out of him before I could even react. She's 5'2". It got a li'l dangerous for her so they moved us under the roof into the real seats. That was sweet. But then Neil Young didn't play "Powderfinger" and I was bummed. I like stories.

I like Neil Young even though he comes from up north. In RI there is a band called "Young Neal and the Vipers". I always thought that was dumb.

Bees should not have the right to vote.

Neal Vitullo is a cousin of mine and a damn fine blues guitarist...his band is named in reverence to the golden age of R+B back in the 20's and 30's when viper rooms were hangouts for the hippest musical cats in the city and weed was imbibed along with illegal alcohol.

Now you know the REAL story.

Neal Vitullo is a cousin of mine and a damn fine blues guitarist...his band is named in reverence to the golden age of R+B back in the 20's and 30's when viper rooms were hangouts for the hippest musical cats in the city and weed was imbibed along with illegal alcohol.

Now you know the REAL story.

Is he from RI?

Don't mind D+C, at least they talk sports sometimes. Do Toucher and Rich on the Sports hub know what sports are? I was sick of hearing about some loser named Adolpho on BCN and I'm just as sick of it on the hub.

Last edited:

I too like Primus.

I have a Unicron toy. He's such a hassle to transform, though, I just keep him in robot form. Guess I don't have "the touch."

-Rob-

I have a Unicron toy. He's such a hassle to transform, though, I just keep him in robot form. Guess I don't have "the touch."

-Rob-

Just wait until the going gets rough, then you'll be at your best.

Wow, I haven't thought much of WEEI since I switched to listening to 98.5 except for interviews with Brady, BB and Tito

I really do not miss all the right wing political garbage mixed in with the sports talk at all. If I wanted to listen to that crap, I would tune in to the asshats like Limbaugh and Beck for that.

You and me both. WEEI is and always will be about one thing Red Sox. And mostly about front office gossip. Even on "Patriots Monday" It's "Welcome to Patriots Monday, how about them Red Sox" Even after their season is over. You want to win an easy bet? Bet anyone any time I bet they are talking about the Red Sox right now on EEI. The odds are ridiculously in your favor.

Just wait until the going gets rough, then you'll be at your best.

I laughed very hard at this. Out loud. For real. Nice.

-Rob-

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft