PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We ARE the #2 seed right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if Ravens lose another game and the Pats win the rest of their games. They will get the #2 seed and a bye.

Well if Ravens lose another game and the Pats win the rest of their games. They will get the #2 seed and a bye.

When the Ravens lose. :D

I still think the AFC Championship will be NE vs. Denver @ Gillette. I gotta go with the teams that are getting better as the season wears on - not to mention they are the teams with top 5 all-time QBs.

Ravens and Broncos play in Baltimore in a couple of weeks. Going to be a very interesting and fun stretch run this year.

And then the Ravens play the Giants...So I may actually find myself having to root for not one but TWO Mannings in successive weeks.......Pass the Maalox

When the Ravens lose. :D

I still think the AFC Championship will be NE vs. Denver @ Gillette. I gotta go with the teams that are getting better as the season wears on - not to mention they are the teams with top 5 all-time QBs.

Yes, I said the Ravens would lose two or three of their last six and I thought there was no way they were going to lose to a Charlie Batch led Steelers at home today. So I wasn't even counting that as one of their two or three losses.

Their last four games are:
@ Washington
Denver
Giants
@ Cincy

They could easily lose their last three games.

The Baltimore Ravens remaining schedule:

Week 14: @ Washington Redskins
Week 15: Denver Broncos
Week 16: New York Giants
Week 17: @ Cincinnati Bengals

2012 Baltimore Ravens Statistics & Players - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Sorr, you already posted it. I think they have the toughest schedule of the four likely division winners. The Texans have it tough too with two games vs. the Colts and @ NE. The Pats have it tough the next two games and then Jacksonville and Miami again.

Yes, I said the Ravens would lose two or three of their last six and I thought there was no way they were going to lose to a Charlie Batch led Steelers at home today. So I wasn't even counting that as one of their two or three losses.

Their last four games are:
@ Washington
Denver
Giants
@ Cincy

They could easily lose their last three games.

One positive for the Pats is that 3 of the last 4 games are at home while almost every other playoff contender( except Pitt) has two home/two away.

Re: As of now, are the Pats the #2 seed????

Nope
Pats win out
Ravens win out
Texans lose to the Pats, win the rest

1. Texans
2. Ravens
3. Pats

Exactly, this is correct.

However, I anticipate (1) the Ravens don't come even close to sweeping, and (2) Texans split those two against Indy, but (3) Broncos do indeed win out. Which make these next two games HUGE for the Pats.

I am glad the OP is happy with #2 seed right now.

Personally, I am happy the Pats ground out a win against a TOUGH defense. Pats have two more tough defenses to play the next two weeks. These 3 games will battle test the Pats and help them primed up for the playoffs.

The Pats are very good @ home in December. I hope this trend continues. I'm also very excited to see the Pats offense go up against Houston's defense on Monday night. I love to see Brady & company going up against great defenses.

And then the Ravens play the Giants...So I may actually find myself having to root for not one but TWO Mannings in successive weeks.......Pass the Maalox

I feel your pain. I might have to pull for the Ravens in that game against the Broncos (since that's Denver only remaining tough game). It's not even gaurenteed that the Ravens are going to win the AFC north @ this point.

I feel your pain. I might have to pull for the Ravens in that game against the Broncos (since that's Denver only remaining tough game). It's not even gaurenteed that the Ravens are going to win the AFC north @ this point.

I agree with you. Let's just hope Washington beats Baltimore on Sunday. Then we will all be on the Baltimore bandwagon in two weeks because I think Baltimore will lose at least one other game down the stretch.

I know the Steelers aren't very popular in these parts.

But if you guys do end up with the #2 seed, don't forget to send a Christmas thank you card to Charlie Batch...who actually may be as old as Santa.

The Pats clinching their division gives them the #2 seed for now. Not conference record or head-to-head.

And for those wondering, head-to-head ALWAYS trumps conference record.

No, you're wrong...

i know the steelers aren't very popular in these parts.

But if you guys do end up with the #2 seed, don't forget to send a christmas thank you card to charlie batch...who actually may be as old as santa.

lmao. :d:d:d:d

My projection :

Pats go (3-1) lose to SF and finish 12-4

Den goes (3-1) lose to Balt and finish 12-4

Balt goes (2-2) lose to NYG and Cinn and finish 12-4

Hou goes (2-2) lose to Pats and Indy and finish 13-3

This would lead to the following seeds:

Hou - 1
Pats - 2
Den - 3
Balt -4

To get the 2-seed, getting the buy and hosting either Balt or Den in Round One would be tough, but at home, I like our chances. I am really confident that we could go into Houston assuming we're healthy and win there. If it even came to that, because Denver or Baltimore could very easily walk into Houston and win which sets up another home AFCCG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST