PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We ARE the #2 seed right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats are going to smoke SF, imo. Kaepernick over Smith might be the right move but it came at the wrong time. I think the Houston game will be closer.

I love that we get those two teams though. I want to see us kicking some quality ass not coasting into the playoffs.

SF and Houston will be great tune-up games.

Guys. Pats are number 2 right now. Everyone is saying it. Everyone in sports worlds because when all 3 teams are tied conference record is looked at not head to head. Head to head is only between 2 teams. If bmore wins against Denver then the head to head comes into play if ne n balt are tied. So hopefully b more just loses and we win out the season and get number 2. If anyone else says were not 2 right now , I swear you're either dumb or trolling.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Pats are going to smoke SF, imo. Kaepernick over Smith might be the right move but it came at the wrong time. I think the Houston game will be closer.

I love that we get those two teams though. I want to see us kicking some quality ass not coasting into the playoffs.

You're right. Their defense isn't that good.

Who do we want to win the BAL and DEN game in two weeks?

Patriots are going to have to win out to get a bye IMO

Who do we want to win the BAL and DEN game in two weeks?

Patriots are going to have to win out to get a bye IMO

If the Pats are going to win out, then we want the Broncos to win, because that would guarantee the Pats the #2 seed.

If the Pats lose 1 game down the stretch, then we want the Ravens to beat the Broncos and the Ravens to lose one other game, forcing a three way tie at 12-4 that would give the Pats the #2 seed. (That one game the Pats lose can't be against the Dolphins.)

I know the Steelers aren't very popular in these parts.

But if you guys do end up with the #2 seed, don't forget to send a Christmas thank you card to Charlie Batch...who actually may be as old as Santa.

I thought that was a great game for Batch. He definitely felt the emotion of the moment when it was over. In the end, that win could end up being the difference between going to the playoffs and getting an early vacation.

Wow SF doesn't have a good defense? Hadn't heard that before...are you serious?
Thing is #2 or #4 or whatever doesn't mean anything right now. If they don't play better against Houston and SF they'll lose them both. Not the end of the world as long as everyone is healthy by playoffs.

Yeah, I'm really jazzed about this stretch of games - it's almost like a mini playoffs, in that the the Pats will be tested against two of the NFL's top five teams in consecutive weeks. It'll also present the players a great opportunity to have to prepare for a tough matchup on a short week.

And if the Pats take both games, I personally think they'll have an outstanding shot at the #1 seed.

I thought that was a great game for Batch. He definitely felt the emotion of the moment when it was over. In the end, that win could end up being the difference between going to the playoffs and getting an early vacation.

I loved seeing Batch throw that block on the TD run

My Apologies if this has been clarified for everyone, but the first few responses were misinformed foolishness, so just in case: We're the #2 Seed NOW, Gentlemen. :eek:

2012 NFL Football Standings - CBSSports.com

With a 3 Way Conference Tie, barring a complete sweep of both teams, the TieBreaking Format advances to Conference Record, so we'd win. :cool:

So, in case anyone's under the wrong impression, as a result of being exposed to those idiots on the AirWaves:

We are already ahead of the Ravens.

Of course that's all moot, as the Ravens and Broncos themselves have a Game in two weeks.

If I were a betting man, I'd say Denver gets the 2 seed

We are too banged up to think about playoff byes at this point. More importantly, we gotta get Brandon Lloyd's mind right since Gronk and Edelman Island are out...Lloyd needs to be an integral part of this team in the playoffs if they want to beat the Ravens/Niners/Giants type of defenses. You can be slipping and sliding before the ball is thrown to you against the Jets and Bills, but not against SF. Catch a darn ball in stride and actually run with it for a change.

Whats lost in this playoff bye talk is the Colts. If Pats beat HOU, Colts can control their destiny for the division title since they have 2 more head to head games with HOU.

Crazier things have happened in Houston(i.e their very own Sage Rosenfels blowing a 17 pt lead against the Colts with 3 min left).

Along those lines, who had the terrible idea to have the Texans and Colts play twice in the last three weeks of the season?

two huge games coming up...

Along those lines, who had the terrible idea to have the Texans and Colts play twice in the last three weeks of the season?

same people that had the Ravens Steelers play twice in 3 weeks.

ravens will slip again i think..but denver won't..so pats will need to win out in order for a bye...

pats can lose..but it has to be to a NFC opponent...49ers if they are going to lose in order to still have a shot at #2

pats if your gunna lose...lose to the 49ers if anyone

Last edited:
same people that had the Ravens Steelers play twice in 3 weeks.
Yeah, which is also terrible. It looks like Ben could be back next week, in which case it will have been a three-week injury, with two games against the Ravens. Now if the Ravens didn't suck, they should have been able to take advantage of that. No team should get to play two backup QBs because the starter has a three-week injury.

now if denver beats ravens and win out and we lose to an AFC opponent..they leap frog us...but if we both win out...we would have tie braker over them head to head since we would have the same conf record...so many scenarios!

Re: As of now, are the Pats the #2 seed????

Right. Baltimore is going to have earned that #2 seed if they win out, though. Redskins, Broncos, Giants, Bengals.

Really? I could see the Pats sweeping those 5. I think winning out with SF and Texans on the schedule is way tougher.

But of those games beating the Texans is the most important since it affects conference record. Pats might end up with the #1 seed if they beat the Texans next week, and that team goes into a little tailspin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST