PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watson and Meriweather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or in this preseason when he fought off a block in pursuit and managed to take down Cooley, thereby saving a sure touchdown?

That was quite impressive. Sanders has saved so many touchdowns. He plays the role of "safety"--the last line of defense--in a sure-fire way.

This thread is incredibly depressing to read. Some of the vitriol in this thread directed at Sanders and other posters reminds me of what someone did to McKelvin's lawn yesterday: classless.

As far as my opinion of Sanders, I have to trust the empirical evidence:

- Belichick philosophy #1 - "Just Do Your Job."

- Belichick philosophy #2 - Put players in the best position for success.

- Belichick philosophy #3 - Don't ask a player to do something he can't be counted on to do consistently. Doing this is a recipe for disaster.

Maybe it's a roundabout way of saying "in Belichick I trust", but in this case, I can't see a reason not to. If James Sanders wasn't doing his job, or wasn't able to get his job done with his physical/mental limitations (whatever they are), I just can't see why he would be left in one of the most important positions on the field ofr most of the game.

Another thing that needs to be pointed out is how hilarious it is to read people's comments about a specific player (especially one in the secondary), when the only view they get of that player is what they show on TV. It's easy to forget about Belichick's comment after being asked if he had watched a recent game live: "what can you see on TV?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft