PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watson and Meriweather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanders is never going to be Troy Polamalu. I think a lot of people on this board think if you aren't Polamalu, you suck and you're invisible. Sanders is the QB of the secondary, a great leader and a sure tackler. He has definitely taken the occasional bad angle that hurt us (see last year vs. KC) but I feel great with him back there and thought if we get that game out of him every week, we'll be in great shape.

I find it disheartening that every time a big play happens, I watch the replay and see James Sanders jogging/running behind the play and not making much effort to stop it.

:mad:

Just because you're a Safety and considered the last line of defense doesn't forbid you from coming up and making plays. You look at Polamalu and Clark from the Steelers and they're making plays all game long. Look at the Raven's Safeties and they're making plays. Hell, look at Rodney and Eugene (when Eugene was healthy) and both of them made plays. The issue with Sanders is that he's almost so cautious that no one gets behind him that he effectively takes himself out of the play. Yes it's great that no one gets behind him, but that's allowing the opposing team to pick up enough yards for first downs.

I like Sanders because from all accounts that I've read, he's a good guy and studies as hard as anyone. But looking at his play objectively, he's a non-factor.

You know it's funny you should raise Ryan Clark as an example. How many INTs does Clark have over his seven year career? Answer: five. How many INTs does Sanders have over his four year career? Answer: five. Now, granted, Clark does have 1.5 more sacks than Sanders, and neither of them have any forced fumbles.

Landry had a monster rookie season and pretty much hasn't done anything since.

So no, I would disagree with your "objective" assertion that he's a non-factor.

You're kidding right ?

James Sanders is a 30 yard pass (and sure tackle waiting to happen). No turnovers, no bone-jarring hits, not even in the same area-code when the completion is made, only after severe damage has been done does James arrive to apply this so called "sure tackle". End of Story. If you want this as our starting SS, then I have to question you're football knowledge to be honest.

I will spell it

R O L E P L A Y E R

That is all this man is.............

I agree, he's probably the worst player on defense, and very slow for a saftey. I saw him getting out run by a 2nd string linebacker yesterday

I find it disheartening that every time a big play happens, I watch the replay and see James Sanders jogging/running behind the play and not making much effort to stop it.

Please give examples of specific plays when this has happened.

You know it's funny you should raise Ryan Clark as an example. How many INTs does Clark have over his seven year career? Answer: five. How many INTs does Sanders have over his four year career? Answer: five.

Doesnt really mean much.

Teams have to THROW against the Pats more often.

Steelers usually have very close games where the other team isnt forced to pass the entire 2nd half.

You're kidding right ?

James Sanders is a 30 yard pass (and sure tackle waiting to happen). No turnovers, no bone-jarring hits, not even in the same area-code when the completion is made, only after severe damage has been done does James arrive to apply this so called "sure tackle". End of Story. If you want this as our starting SS, then I have to question you're football knowledge to be honest.

I will spell it

R O L E P L A Y E R

That is all this man is.............

I'd have to question your football knowledge, because Sanders has played FS for the Patriots, not SS, which is Meriweather's position.

Doesnt really mean much.

Teams have to THROW against the Pats more often.

Steelers usually have very close games where the other team isnt forced to pass the entire 2nd half.

Pats had this dynamic one year: 2007.

You know it's funny you should raise Ryan Clark as an example. How many INTs does Clark have over his seven year career? Answer: five. How many INTs does Sanders have over his four year career? Answer: five. Now, granted, Clark does have 1.5 more sacks than Sanders, and neither of them have any forced fumbles.

Landry had a monster rookie season and pretty much hasn't done anything since.

So no, I would disagree with your "objective" assertion that he's a non-factor.

If you watch the games, Clark comes up and makes more impact plays specifically in the running game.

However, if you really think that Sanders is as effective as you think he is, then good for you. I'm not gonna try to convince you.

If you watch the games, Clark comes up and makes more impact plays specifically in the running game.

Ah, of course he does. Because Sanders never makes plays in the running game. Convenient that there's no way of quantifying this, either.

If you think James Sanders's job cannot be done just as well by someone else then you are more of a Patriot's homer than I ever thought you were before. Drop the blue koolaid it has alot of calories...........

Someone else? Yeah. By Slater? Not a snowball's chance in hell.

James Sanders is OUR SAFETY

I am by far no fan of James Sanders, but I do think that some of the criticism against him is a little strong. I don't think that he is a big play making safety. That's not the type of player that he is. Many Patriots players say that other than Mayo, Sanders is the most frequent film room visitor. He brings continuity to the defense. Even though James doesn't bring the team big plays, he brings the most experience IN THE PATRIOTS SYSTEM in the SECONDARY. That's his most important asset.

Most likely, Patrick Chung and the other safeties will be learning from him: including Brandon Meriweather. What makes me say this? Enter Mr. Rodney Harrison. He said that James Sanders, not former first round pick Brandon Meriweather (who he believes will have a breakout season), would be the leader of the defense. Even though it is clear to anyone with eye sight that Brandon is leaps and bounds a better safety than James, he's younger and he doesn't have as much experience.

The only examples that Meriweather has of a Patriots Super Bowl Winning Safety Tandem would be of old Patriots highlights. But, the first hand experiences of Sanders could help him with this. Look back to the 2005 season, Sanders' rookie season. The Patriots had just come off their Super Bowl season where they had 15 players involved in their secondary throughout the season.

As a rookie, young James Sanders essentially followed Rodney Harrison everywhere. He was treated as Rodney's protege. He would have been able to watch, everyday in practice, how effective safety synchronization could mask the deficiencies of weak corners. He would have seen that tandem work at it's best before Eugene Wilson became embattled with injuries. By the time that Brandon was on the team, Wilson was a shell of his former self. The once effective safety tandem was now an old Harrison in his second to last season and an ineffective Wilson.

Last night, the Monday night football crew said that the more you make a defensive player think, the worse he gets. Why? Defensive players are reactionary, while offensive players are proactive. I think we can all agree that James is a very cautious defensive player. He doesn't give up a great number of plays (see Williams, Roy). However, he will over think things and hesitate. It's in that fraction of a second that big hits, interceptions, and pass deflections are made. When you are too late, you get exposed flat footed as players run past you for a touchdown (see Addai, Joseph).

Lets be clear, Sanders doesn't have the best range for a safety, and isn't the best open field tackler. But, what he can't do himself, he can teach others to do. He can show them how to read the eyes of quarterbacks and make the plays that he can't. I know what some of you are saying: Rodney was here for years and showed Brandon some of these things. But Rodney isn't here anymore and Brandon is still coming into his own. Sanders bridges the gap in that transition and that's why he's on this team. When Chung passes him and takes the field, we'll all be proud and cheer for his success. Until then, James Sanders is our safety.

Merriweather made the play and Woods, ONCE AGAIN, could not come up with a fumbled football, luckily someone much tougher than he is, had the guts to get into the pile and come out with the ball.

Never saw it, did you?

Ah, of course he does. Because Sanders never makes plays in the running game. Convenient that there's no way of quantifying this, either.

Please point out the last time Sanders made an impact play? (Something memorable in a positive way).

James Sanders is OUR SAFETY

I am by far no fan of James Sanders, but I do think that some of the criticism against him is a little strong. I don't think that he is a big play making safety. That's not the type of player that he is. Many Patriots players say that other than Mayo, Sanders is the most frequent film room visitor. He brings continuity to the defense. Even though James doesn't bring the team big plays, he brings the most experience IN THE PATRIOTS SYSTEM in the SECONDARY. That's his most important asset.

Most likely, Patrick Chung and the other safeties will be learning from him: including Brandon Meriweather. What makes me say this? Enter Mr. Rodney Harrison. He said that James Sanders, not former first round pick Brandon Meriweather (who he believes will have a breakout season), would be the leader of the defense. Even though it is clear to anyone with eye sight that Brandon is leaps and bounds a better safety than James, he's younger and he doesn't have as much experience.

The only examples that Meriweather has of a Patriots Super Bowl Winning Safety Tandem would be of old Patriots highlights. But, the first hand experiences of Sanders could help him with this. Look back to the 2005 season, Sanders' rookie season. The Patriots had just come off their Super Bowl season where they had 15 players involved in their secondary throughout the season.

As a rookie, young James Sanders essentially followed Rodney Harrison everywhere. He was treated as Rodney's protege. He would have been able to watch, everyday in practice, how effective safety synchronization could mask the deficiencies of weak corners. He would have seen that tandem work at it's best before Eugene Wilson became embattled with injuries. By the time that Brandon was on the team, Wilson was a shell of his former self. The once effective safety tandem was now an old Harrison in his second to last season and an ineffective Wilson.

Last night, the Monday night football crew said that the more you make a defensive player think, the worse he gets. Why? Defensive players are reactionary, while offensive players are proactive. I think we can all agree that James is a very cautious defensive player. He doesn't give up a great number of plays (see Williams, Roy). However, he will over think things and hesitate. It's in that fraction of a second that big hits, interceptions, and pass deflections are made. When you are too late, you get exposed flat footed as players run past you for a touchdown (see Addai, Joseph).

Lets be clear, Sanders doesn't have the best range for a safety, and isn't the best open field tackler. But, what he can't do himself, he can teach others to do. He can show them how to read the eyes of quarterbacks and make the plays that he can't. I know what some of you are saying: Rodney was here for years and showed Brandon some of these things. But Rodney isn't here anymore and Brandon is still coming into his own. Sanders bridges the gap in that transition and that's why he's on this team. When Chung passes him and takes the field, we'll all be proud and cheer for his success. Until then, James Sanders is our safety.

I do agree that some of the criticisms have been pretty strong but I think you are missing one point. As smart as he is, he isn't being paid to teach other players but to play as starter on this team. That's a coach's job. I understand veterans provide leadership and guidance for young players but that's not his primary role.

Please point out the last time Sanders made an impact play? (Something memorable in a positive way).

Career Highlights (courtesy of the team website)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GP/GS (Playoffs): 55/36 (8/6)

Sanders enters the 2009 season having played in 55 games with 36 starts over his first four NFL seasons (2005-08), totaling 198 tackles (144 solo), one sack, five interceptions for 112 yards and a touchdown, 10 passes defensed and 21 special teams tackles.
Sanders enters 2009 having started 29 games at safety for the Patriots over the past two seasons (2007-08), and his 139 tackles over that span lead all Patriots defensive backs.
In 2008, Sanders started 14 games at free safety and recorded 66 tackles, placing him sixth on the squad. He was part of a Patriots defense that allowed 19.3 points per game, a total that ranked eighth in the NFL.
Sanders started all 15 games in which he played in 2007, leading all Patriots defensive backs with a career-high 73 tackles. He helped the Patriots defense allow just 288.3 yards per game, the lowest total for the franchise in 25 years.
In 2006, Sanders started five regular-season games and all three playoff games at safety. He recorded a careerhigh 45 tackles (30 solo) in the regular season and finished third on the team with 17 tackles (12 solo) in the playoffs, a figure that led the Patriots secondary.
In 2006, Sanders was part of a Patriots secondary that allowed just 10 touchdown passes by opponents, a mark that led the NFL and stands as the fewest allowed in team history for a single season.
Sanders returned his first career interception 39 yards for a touchdown at Buffalo (12/11/05), grabbing a pass that had been tipped by Tedy Bruschi and racing into the end zone for the score.

2008 Season

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008 (14/14): Started 14 games at free safety and recorded 66 tackles (44 solo) ... His 66 stops placed sixth on the team and ranked second among Patriots defensive backs ... Recorded an interception and three passes defensed ... Tallied four special teams tackles ... Tallied three solo tackles, one pass defensed and a special teams tackle against Kansas City (9/7) ... Started at free safety and tallied six tackles at the N.Y. Jets (9/14) ... Tied for the team lead in special teams tackles with two while making five tackles in coverage against Miami (9/21) ... Grabbed his first interception of the season and the fifth interception of his career, picking off a Jay Cutler pass intended for Nate Jackson against Denver (10/20) ... Tallied five solo tackles ... Racked up a season high seven tackles (4 solo) against the N.Y. Jets (11/13) ... Started at free safety, making five tackles (4 solo) with one pass defensed while breaking up a Chad Pennington pass intended for Anthony Fasano at Miami (11/23) ... Tallied seven tackles with four solo stops while making the start at free safety against Pittsburgh (11/30) ... Returned to action after missing two games due to injury, making the start at free safety in the Patriots' shutout victory at Buffalo (12/28) ... Led the secondary with a single-game season high eight tackles, which included seven solo stops.

2007 Season

2007 (15/15/0/1): Tied for the team lead in tackles with six in the Patriots' 56-10 win over the Buffalo Bills on Nov. 18... Led all secondary players with 73 tackles in 2007... Established single-season career highs in games started (15), tackles (73), solo tackles (60), interceptions (2), passes defensed (5) and special teams tackles (7) in 2007.

at N.Y. Jets (9/9): Started at safety... Cut short the Jets' promising first drive of the game by dragging down Jerricho Cotchery one yard short of a first down on third and nine... Registered four solo tackles. San Diego (9/16): Started at strong safety... Teamed up with Santonio Thomas to deny LaDainian Tomlinson for no gain on a third-and-one during the second quarter... Had four tackles (3 solo) in addition to a special teams tackle. Buffalo (9/23): Started at strong safety in the Patriots' 38-7 win over the Bills... Tied for second on the team and led the secondary with total tackles with seven and solo tackles with four... Contributed two special teams tackles in action on coverage units. at Cincinnati (10/1): Started at strong safety... Contributed two solo tackles in coverage and was second on the team with two special teams tackles. Cleveland (10/7): Started at strong safety... Recorded three tackles (2 solo) in the Patriots' 34-17 victory over the Browns... Also tallied a special teams tackle. at Dallas (10/14): Started at strong safety... Contributed five tackles (4 solo) in coverage in the Patriots' 48-27 victory over the Cowboys... Added a special teams tackle. at Miami (10/21): Started at strong safety... Racked up five tackles (4 solo) in the Patriots' 49-28 victory over the Dolphins. Washington (10/28): Started at free safety... Tallied four tackles (2 solo) in the Patriots' 52-7 win over the Redskins... Stopped Santana Moss short of a first down on a fourth-and-four try after a 1-yard pass from Jason Campbell in the third quarter. at Indianapolis (11/4): Started at free safety... Led the secondary in tackles with seven (5 solo) in the Patriots' 24-20 comeback win over the Colts. at Buffalo (11/18): Started at free safety... Dropped Anthony Thomas for a loss of three yards on a first-quarter drive, forcing a Buffalo punt... Got to Thomas again later in the first quarter for his second tackle for a loss, dragging him down for a loss of one yard... Forced Dwayne Wright to cough up the ball with a helmet to ball hit, forcing the ball into the air and allowing Ellis Hobbs to gather the loose ball, which he returned for a touchdown with 14:10 remaining in the game ... Tied for the team lead and led the secondary in tackles with six solo tackles in the Patriots' 56-10 rout of the Bills. Philadelphia (11/25): Started at free safety... Picked off his first interception of the season while registering five tackles (4 solo) in the Patriots' 31-28 win over the Eagles... Capped off the Patriots' victory with an interception of an A.J. Feeley pass intended for Reggie Brown with 11 seconds remaining in the game. at Baltimore (12/3): Started at free safety... Picked off a Kyle Boller pass intended for Devard Darling with 10:22 remaining in the fourth quarter and ran with it for a 42-yard return... Stood up Willis McGahee at the line for no gain in the fourth quarter... Tallied five tackles (3 solo) in the Patriots' 2-7-24 comeback win over the Ravens. Pittsburgh (12/9): Started a free safety... Tallied a single-game season high with eight tackles (7 solo) in the Patriots' 34-13 win over the Steelers... Came up with his first career fumble recovery by corralling a Chris Hanson punt that was touched by the Steelers' William Gay in the second quarter. N.Y. Jets (12/16): Inactive. Miami (12/23): Started at free safety... Tallied four solo tackles in coverage while picking up a pass defensed in the Patriots' 28-7 victory over the Dolphins... Batted down a Cleo Lemon pass intended for Ted Ginn, Jr. in the first quarter, helping to force a Dolphins' punt. at N.Y. Giants (12/29): Started at free safety... Contributed four solo tackles in coverage as the Patriots became the fourth team in NFL history to finish its regular-season undefeated in a 38-35 comeback victory over the Giants.

2007 Postseason (3/3/0/0): Jacksonville (1/12): Started at strong safety... Made eight tackles (6 solo) and one special teams tackle in the Patriots' 31-20 win over the Jaguars. San Diego (1/20): Started at free safety in the Patriots' 21-12 victory over the Chargers in the AFC Championship Game... Made three solo tackles in coverage. N.Y. Giants (2/3): Started at free safety in Super Bowl XLII... Made four tackles (3 solo).

2006 Season

2006 (16/5, 3/3): Played in all 16 regular season contests, starting five games at safety ... Started all three postseason games at safety ... Finished the regular season with a career-high 45 tackles (30 solo) and led the secondary with 17 playoff tackles, a total that placed third on the team ... Tied for the team lead in tackles once (vs. DET) ... Tied for the team lead in quarterback hits once (at TEN) ... Tied for the team lead in sacks once (at TEN) ... Tied for the team lead in special teams tackles twice (at CIN, at BUF).

2006 Postseason (3/3): N.Y. Jets (1/7): Made the start at safety ... Recorded four tackles (2 solo) ... Knocked down a pass intended for Jerricho Cotchery in the fourth quarter. at San Diego (1/14): Started at safety ... Posted six tackles (5 solo) and a sack ... Sacked Philip Rivers for a 10-yard loss on a third-and-17 play in the third quarter. at Indianapolis (1/21): Started at safety ... Finished tied for second on the team with seven tackles (5 solo) ... Collected a solo tackle on special teams coverage units.

2005 Season

2005 (10/2/0/6): Saw action in first career NFL contest against Atlanta (10/09/05) … Made his first career start at safety against Denver (10/16/05) … Registered his first career interception and returned it 39 yards for a touchdown against Buffalo (12/11/05) … Collected 14 tackles (10 solo) and an interception return for a touchdown in 10 games.

Career Highlights (courtesy of the team website)

This is such a pathetic response. You can't remember anything Sanders have done that's considered an impact play that you have to go to the Patriots official website and copy and paste their personal information? Guess what, you can do the same crap with Eric Alexander and make his career seem like it's littered with highlights.

Eric Alexander

Career Highlights

GP/GS (Playoffs): 32/0 (6/1)

Alexander enters the 2009 season having played in 31 career games since being signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent prior to the 2004 season.
Alexander earned his first career start in the 2006 AFC Championship Game and led the Patriots with 10 solo tackles in the contest.
Alexander led the Patriots with eight special teams tackles in the 2007 playoffs, and finished fourth on the team with a career-high 14 special teams tackles in the 2007 regular season.
Alexander has recorded 13 special teams tackles in six career playoff games entering 2009.

2009 Season

2009 (1/0/0/0): Buffalo (9/14): Played in reserve on special teams coverage and return units in the Patriots’ 25-24 comeback win over the Bills ... Made one special teams tackle.

2008 Season

2008 (1/0/0/4):

Kansas City (9/7): Saw action on special teams coverage and return units in the Patriots' 17-10 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs. at N.Y. Jets (9/14): Inactive. Miami (9/21): Inactive. at San Francisco (10/5): Inactive. at San Diego (10/12): Inactive.

2007 Season

2007 (12/0/0/4): Played in 12 games in his third NFL season and listed as a day-of-game inactive four times... Led or tied for the team lead in special teams tackles twice in 2007 (vs. PHI, at BAL).

at N.Y. Jets (9/9): Played in reserve on special teams coverage units and collected one unassisted special teams tackle. San Diego (9/16): Saw action in reserve with special teams coverage units... Notched two special teams tackles. Buffalo (9/23): Played in reserve at linebacker and with the special teams coverage units... Registered two solo tackles and two special teams tackles in the Patriots' 38-7 win over the Bills. at Cincinnati (10/1): Played in a reserve role at linebacker and on special teams coverage units in the Patriots' 34-13 win over the Bengals. Cleveland (10/7): Saw action in reserve with special teams coverage units and tallied one solo special teams tackle in the Patriots' 34-17 win over the Browns. at Dallas (10/14): Played in a reserve role on special teams coverage units and registered one special teams tackle in the Patriots' 48-27 win over the Cowboys. at Miami (10/21): Inactive. Washington (10/28): Inactive. at Indianapolis (11/4): Inactive. at Buffalo (11/18): Inactive. Philadelphia (11/25): Played in a reserve role on special teams coverage units in the Patriots' 31-28 win over the Eagles... Led the team in special teams tackles with four. at Baltimore (12/3): Played in reserve at inside linebacker and on special teams coverage units in the Patriots' 27-24 comeback win... Tied for the team lead with two special teams tackles... Tallied one solo tackle in coverage. Pittsburgh (12/9): Played in reserve at inside linebacker and on special teams coverage units in the Patriots' 34-13 win over the Steelers. N.Y. Jets (12/16): Saw action in reserve at inside linebacker and on special teams coverage units in the Patriots' 20-10 victory over the Jets... Made one solo tackle. Miami (12/23): Played in reserve on special teams coverage units in the Patriots' 28-7 win over the Dolphins... Made one special teams tackle. at N.Y. Giants (12/29): Saw action in reserve on special teams coverage units as the Patriots became the fourth NFL team to finish its regular-season schedule undefeated with a 38-35 comeback win over the Giants.

2007 Postseason (3/0/0/0): Jacksonville (1/12): Played in reserve on special teams coverage and return units in the Patriots' 31-20 win over the Jaguars... Led the team with two special teams tackles. San Diego (1/20): Saw action on special teams coverage and return units in the Patriots' 21-12 win over the Chargers in the AFC Championship Game... Led the team with three special teams tackles. N.Y. Giants (2/3): Played in reserve on special teams coverage and return units in Super Bowl XLII... Led the team with three special teams tackles.

2006 Season

2006 (14/0/3/1): In his first full season on the active roster, saw action in 14 games and started one playoff game at inside linebacker ... Registered 10 special teams tackles, tying him for fifth on the team ... Led the team or tied for the team lead in special teams tackles four times (vs. BUF, vs. DEN, at BUF, at MIN).

Buffalo (9/10): Saw action in a reserve role on special teams coverage units and tied for the team lead with two special teams stops in the Patriots' 19-17 victory over the Bills ... Teamed with Don Davis to stonewall Terrence McGee at the Buffalo 17-yard line during a fourth quarter kickoff return. at N.Y. Jets (9/17): Played on special teams coverage units and collected a tackle in the Patriots' 24-17 win over the N.Y. Jets. Denver (9/24): Notched a solo special teams tackle on coverage units. at Cincinnati (10/1): Played in a reserve role on special teams coverage units in the Patriots' commanding 38-13 victory over the Bengals. Miami (10/8): Registered a special teams tackle in the Patriots' 20-10 win over the Dolphins. at Buffalo (10/22): Played on special teams coverage units and registered a solo special teams stop in the Patriots' 28-6 road victory over the Bills ... Saw limited action at inside linebacker in the fourth quarter. at Minnesota (10/30): Played on special teams coverage units ... Tied for the team lead with two special teams tackles in the Patriots' commanding 31-7 road win against the Vikings ... Saw limited action at middle linebacker late in the fourth quarter. Indianapolis (11/5): Played on special teams coverage units. N.Y. Jets (11/12): Saw action on special teams coverage units and registered a tackle. at Green Bay (11/19): Saw action on special teams coverage units in the Patriots' 35-0 road victory over the Packers. Chicago (11/26): Played on special teams coverage units in the Patriots' 17-13 victory over the Bears. Detroit (12/3): Saw action on special teams coverage units in the Patriots' 28-21 comeback victory over the Lions. at Miami (12/10): Inactive. Houston (12/17): Inactive. Jacksonville (12/24): Returned to the lineup and collected a special teams tackle on coverage units in the Patriots' 24-21 division-clinching win over the Jaguars. at Tennessee (12/31): Saw significant action at inside linebacker in the nickel pacakage and posted three tackles (2 solo) in the Patriots' 40-23 victory over the Titans.

2006 Postseason (3/1/0/0): N.Y. Jets (1/7): Notched two special teams tackles in the Patriots' 37-16 AFC Wild Card victory over the N.Y. Jets ... Saw limited action at inside linebacker ... Teamed with Heath Evans to stonewall Justin Miller at his own 13-yard line on a third-quarter kickoff return. at San Diego (1/14): Tied for the team lead with three special teams tackles on coverage units in the Patriots' 24-21 AFC Divisional playoff victory over the Chargers. at Indianapolis (1/21): Made his first NFL start at middle linebacker and led the team with 10 solo tackles ... Registered a sack, a pass defensed and a forced fumble ... Sacked Peyton Manning for a 1-yard loss in the second quarter ... Knocked down a pass over the middle intended for Bryan Fletcher late in the fourth quarter.

2005 Season

2005 (1/0/0/0): Released on Oct. 11, 2005 … Signed from the practice squad on Oct. 8, 2005.

Atlanta (10/9): Saw action on special teams coverage units in the Patriots' 31-28 win over the Falcons.

2004 season

2004 (3/0/0/0): Played in the final three regular season games after being signed from the practice squad (12/20) ... Made his NFL debut against Miami (12/20) ... Recorded two special teams tackles ... Member of the practice squad for the first 14 weeks of the season ... Placed on injured reserve (1/13/05) and missed all three playoff games.

Pathetic effort on your part. Try again.

Last edited:
This might be one of the dumbest things I've ever read here. And I read a lot of dumb things.

Admit it. You just made that up. You really have no idea what you're talking about, kind of like the people who say Maroney doesn't run hard and lacks vision and instinct.

Ha ha made it up sorry no. Having played DB in HS and college and watching patriot games for the better part of 30 years its evident. Watch Butlers play yesterday where he almost had an int, that is burst,quickness and instinct. He read the QB has the speed to make a break on the ball and had the quickness to step in front.

These are the plays you dont see Sanders making in coverage. But you know 2 seconds after the catch he will be there. Havent read the entire thread but who said Clark was much of a safety either his is likely the weakest player on PItt D as well.

Any of his five career INTs?

Or in this preseason when he fought off a block in pursuit and managed to take down Cooley, thereby saving a sure touchdown?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes