PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watch out for Jump Ball Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we stop this nonsense? If we're talking about Brady/Manning, it's always "yeah Peyton has better regular season stats but Tom is better in the playoffs." Now, we flip the script--Flacco has a better postseason record than Brady, better postseason QB rating, and has flat outplayed him the last 3 times in the postseason. Get out of here with that crap that he's not a "real QB"

Like I posted in the other thread, here are Flacco's numbers in his last 5 playoff games:

5-0 record
13 touchdowns
0 interceptions

His last 9 postseason games? 20 touchdowns vs. only 2 interceptions. Flacco has certainly proven to be a very worthwhile postseason quarterback.

We're all hoping that changes this weekend with the best defense that we've had in awhile! The ability to get a turnover or two would be enormous in this kind of setting. Hopefully, he's been saving some INTs for this weekend!

Last edited:
Like I posted in the other thread, here are Flacco's numbers in his last 5 playoff games:

5-0 record
13 touchdowns
0 interceptions

His last 9 postseason games? 20 touchdowns vs. only 2 interceptions. Flacco has certainly proven to be a very worthwhile postseason quarterback.

We're all hoping that changes this weekend with the best defense that we've had in awhile! The ability to get a turnover or two would be enormous in this kind of setting. Hopefully, he's been saving some INTs for this weekend!

In Flacco's 14 career playoff games, BAL is 10-4 and have allowed 18.2ppg w/ 21-8 TD/INT ratio. In those games they have scored on average 24.1ppg.

In Brady's first 14 playoff games the Pats were 12-2 and allowed 18.5ppg w/ a 20-9 TD/INT ratio. In those games they have scored 25.7ppg (if you exclude a few of the pick 6s and ST TD vs Pitt in the 2001 AFCCG, it's around 24ppg.)

Now that's pretty scary.

In Brady's last 14 playoff games the Pats are 7-7 and have allowed 23.1ppg w/ a 23-17 TD/INT ratio. They have scored 25.5ppg in those games.

My take: If the defense allows more points, the QB needs to take more chances.

Last edited:
I am just glad he no longer has Anquan Boldin or Ray Rice. Smith Sr. --- not as big and Forsett seems to be wearing down a little and not as good as the 2012 Ray Rice.

Forsett seems to be wearing down a little and not as good as the 2012 Ray Rice.

I haven't seen evidence of him wearing down but 279 touches for a 5-8 190lb RB who hasn't had more than 160 touches in a career (and that was 5 years ago) is a lot to ask.

I haven't seen evidence of him wearing down but 279 touches for a 5-8 190lb RB who hasn't had more than 160 touches in a career (and that was 5 years ago) is a lot to ask.

Other than the game vs. deflated Cleveland he has been sub par in the last six games. No TDs in the last five games and only topped 100 yards vs. said Cleveland. He had 48 yards rushing vs. Jax on Dec 14th and 19 vs. Houston on Dec. 21. He did have 119 vs. Clev. but only had 36 vs. Pitt on 16 attempts. He also not nearly the receiving threat Rice was. Zero receiving TDs and most yards receiving = 67 in a game Baltimore lost by 20 and likely had to throw a ton.

Other than the game vs. deflated Cleveland he has been sub par in the last six games. No TDs in the last five games and only topped 100 yards vs. said Cleveland. He had 48 yards rushing vs. Jax on Dec 14th and 19 vs. Houston on Dec. 21. He did have 119 vs. Clev. but only had 36 vs. Pitt on 16 attempts. He also not nearly the receiving threat Rice was. Zero receiving TDs and most yards receiving = 67 in a game Baltimore lost by 20 and likely had to throw a ton.
Interesting. Might also have something to do with the injuries on their oline as well?

This thread is why Baltimore fans come here agitated. Or why other fans go to other teams' forums. No one knows team like it's own fans. So to start a thread basically discounting what Flacco does is seen as disrespect. I personally think it's funny reading other teams board to get another perspective.

Either way, carry on.

This thread is why Baltimore fans come here agitated. Or why other fans go to other teams' forums. No one knows team like it's own fans. So to start a thread basically discounting what Flacco does is seen as disrespect. I personally think it's funny reading other teams board to get another perspective.

Either way, carry on.

The truth hurts.

Interesting. Might also have something to do with the injuries on their oline as well?

I paid more attention than most because he was on my fantasy team and suddenly his production tailed. :mad:

Either way, carry on.

Other teams fans do the same stuff. We always overvalue our players and undervalue others. Such is life in the sports world.

Meh, Flaco is not a great Qb. He is a decent QB who can throw a good deep ball while on the move.

Their fans are mostly annoying.

People are forgetting that we have DB's who actually look for the ball this time.

If Baltimore scored 20 vs. Jax...how will they score more than that vs. NE unless we turn the ball over? Someone please explain this to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST